LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Advice on this deal

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-14, 04:34 PM
Blueshark
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Advice on this deal

Need your CL members advice on purchasing this vehicule. It is canadian, so bear with me about kilometers and canadian dollard conversion. I has all that i need and i've been watching this car for a while.

2010 awd lwb
black on black
85 000 miles
Asking: 35 178.00 us = 38 995.00 can
After negociation: 33 387.00 us = 37 000 can
the car is serviced my lexus dealer, no major repairs according to the report
all the recalls have been made

I negociate that they will repaint the front and back bumpers

Options: everything, cruise radar, line keep assist, rear door shades, ML, 19 speakers, heated steering wheel, face recognition, rear radio control and i think massage rear seats, no recline.

this is the link:
http://www.boulevardlexus.com/fr/occ...-2010/5419116/

The interior is mint and the ouside good, except the front bumper is sanded by highway drive and rear bumper on the area under the trunk. But, my negociation include repaint.

thank you very much for all your inputs, this is the only car of that kind in my area. I find the mileage high, but the vendor told me that is all highway driven.

Last edited by Blueshark; 03-11-14 at 04:47 PM.
Old 03-11-14, 05:08 PM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

I have no familiarity with the Canadian market, but it seems to be at least a fair deal. Did you try plugging in all the specifics on Edmunds, NADA and KBB? I don't even know if they cover the Canadian market, but it would be worth looking at.

I wouldn't be concerned with the mileage.
Old 03-11-14, 05:37 PM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Considering the year/miles and the fact that you've negotiated some body work into the deal this seems to be a great buy. Like you said highway miles, and likely buy an individual as the other seats look as though they have virtually never been sat on. You could hardly ask for more other than Executive Class Seating Package and the Ultra Luxury Package is awesome! Also note that both of the rear seats do recline, they just don't have the ottoman and you have the fridge!

Just make sure it is $37,000 CAD with tax title included and it's an even better deal!

Last edited by peteybabes; 03-11-14 at 05:41 PM.
Old 03-11-14, 06:33 PM
Blueshark
Lead Lap

Althought i haven't test it in person yet since it is a bit far away, i tested similar model on my area and it is hard to see how different it would be. So bear with me when i say i haven't test out the options on the car yet and will do so while i'm there.

I'm unfamiliar with massager function in the back since it is NOT the executive package, the center rear console is not the same, but it has a remote control on the compartment to control the rear seats, is that more of a vibrating or really a real massaging seats, can i say that it is the same as the executive package wihtout the ottoman recliner ?

Peteybabes, the negociated price does not include taxes.

The dealer just told me if they don't repaint the front and rear bumpers, they can remove a 1000.00 can off the price.

Will this change the deal profile ?

Last edited by Blueshark; 03-11-14 at 06:36 PM.
Old 03-11-14, 06:41 PM
korlexus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like they are trying to be fair.
Old 03-11-14, 06:46 PM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

;Blueshark, you're right when you say that the "massage" is really just a vibration., but the seats do recline as indicated in the photos. Also have the models you've tested also had the air suspension?

As for the repainting of the bumpers, it may be more of a simple cosmetic fix and thus $1000 off would be fair, as the photos didn't indicate severe damage or really bad chips.

This car has several more options than even my Executive Class car as the 2010 models brought forward: Eco Mode, Lane Keep Assist, cross traffic alert and the monitor to watch your eyes for drowsiness to name a few
Old 03-11-14, 06:59 PM
Blueshark
Lead Lap

all your inputs make my decision easier. I guess i can take the 1000.00 off to find a good place to repaint after buying the car. I'm planning to install a clear film plastic after the paint so waiting for repaint is maybe a good idea.

Peterbabes, thank you for the input on the massager back seats. Would you said that the simple vibrating function suffice your need or it is not the same feeling or fell of the shiatsu level.
Old 03-11-14, 07:08 PM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

The vibrating really is not like the massage offered on the right chair in the executive class seating package, but it most certainly provides a calming effect and I would always use it when trying to sleep lol!

The shiatsu/stretch massage actually uses its own little air compressor and "air bags" in the chair to provide pressure like a human hand.

I would appreciate anybody else speaking up as to this.

Also, how much time do you honestly believe you will be spending back there?

Also, I believe that your fridge/cool box is a little bigger and much easier to deal with in the position its in.
Old 03-11-14, 07:18 PM
Blueshark
Lead Lap

Very much appreciated with your experience with the back seats function. As for the cool box, I didn't knew that i come in my package as the vender never told me about it.
Old 03-11-14, 07:20 PM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

you will see the cool box when you flip down the console, and open the flap that looks like it goes to the trunk. In its place is the cool box!
Old 03-11-14, 07:53 PM
Blueshark
Lead Lap

Will keep you all posted for final deal and pictures
Old 03-12-14, 05:28 AM
philj
Driver

i would go and drive it. you can tell a lot about the way the last owner took care of the car by driving it. Does it rattle? does it look well cared for. DO not be afraid to walk away if your gut tells you to.

I would ask for 1500 and paint the car yourself. If they offered you 1000 they will take less. No dealer ever makes the best offer first. Also you can get the job done right if you do it yourself.

This may sound crazy bu I always ask to see how many times the brakes were changed. If the brakes we changes 3 times the person driving it had a heavy foot.

the prices sounds right.

this is my 3 cents.

good luck
Old 03-12-14, 08:45 AM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Well said.

Put a few miles on it in the test drive to take it through several different circumstances.

I pulled the carfax, and it looks good and shows that an anti-theft system was installed aftermarket!
Old 03-12-14, 11:08 AM
RodT
Pole Position

In viewing the pics everything looks good ( but sometimes things doesnt look so hot in person so keep your eyes peeled on that) and if the service record checks out good then I say go for it. But definetly test drive it to get a feel and if your gut doesnt feel right leave it where its at. But good luck!!!!! I hope everything works out for the best for you
Old 03-12-14, 11:16 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Five things to do IMO

1. Carfax.com
2. Autocheck.com (to catch all the things carfax misses)
3. My Lexus website for VIN Service record
4. Mechanic inspection from a neutral shop not affiliated with dealership or private party.
5. Body inspection from a neutral shop.

If you are not able to see the vehicle, there are several mobile inspection services out there

Quick Reply: Advice on this deal