22" staggered fans..305/25/22 size tire info inside - Page 2 - Club Lexus Forums


22" staggered fans..305/25/22 size tire info inside

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-31-13, 08:56 PM   #16
CJITTY
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
CJITTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The South
Posts: 4,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LXurious View Post
I think I was one of the earlier members to put it on at least that I have seen and after 8 months no issues what so ever they fit perfectly on air not lowered I get no rubs with full passengers tread on the Toyo's has held up though Ive only driven 3,500 miles. We'll see how these do
I have heard nothing but good things about the Toyo Proxes 4, but nobody I talked to either online or locally had Toyo Proxes 4 in the 255/305 sizes that were not 4 or 5 years old already sitting in warehouses, especially the 255 size. The 305s were available via special order but best price I got on that setup was over $1K
CJITTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-13, 08:59 PM   #17
CJITTY
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
CJITTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The South
Posts: 4,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznRacer View Post
I'm glad to see you guys are happy with those delinte tires. Because i tried a set of 265/30 and it was nightmare for me. I couldn't get it to balance, it vibrates at all speed, and it wouldn't hold out on rainy roads.
Any chance you may have had a blem or defective tire? I have had Goodyear, Michelin and others and once in a while I will get a bad tire out the gate..did they try other tires or attempt to replace?
CJITTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-13, 10:20 PM   #18
AznRacer
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (2)
 
AznRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: FL
Posts: 1,207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJITTY View Post
Any chance you may have had a blem or defective tire? I have had Goodyear, Michelin and others and once in a while I will get a bad tire out the gate..did they try other tires or attempt to replace?
It must've been bad batch because after I replace them with yokohama theyre fine now.
AznRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-13, 12:20 AM   #19
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic
 
I8ABMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Waiting for next track day
Posts: 22,364
Default

305 with no rubbing. I am running 295 Michelins and have rubbing in the rear right even at stock height. I also had minor rubbing even with the Pirellis. Not sure how you can get that thing to fit. Are you still on the VOSSENs or did you change the wheels up
I8ABMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-13, 05:20 AM   #20
CJITTY
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
CJITTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The South
Posts: 4,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I8ABMR View Post
305 with no rubbing. I am running 295 Michelins and have rubbing in the rear right even at stock height. I also had minor rubbing even with the Pirellis. Not sure how you can get that thing to fit. Are you still on the VOSSENs or did you change the wheels up
I see someone is busy with the kids again and not reading through the posts in this thread lololol

Sent via Club Lexus Mobile App
CJITTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-13, 08:01 AM   #21
PrinceAkim
Pole Position
iTrader: (2)
 
PrinceAkim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: GA
Posts: 244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydtoosic View Post
you're running 305 rear? curious on how an AWD would perform with the 305 rear.
Yeah, I got my set for close to the price of Jitty. I decided to try it out and love how wide the 305 is in the rear.
PrinceAkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-13, 02:12 PM   #22
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic
 
I8ABMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Waiting for next track day
Posts: 22,364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJITTY View Post
I see someone is busy with the kids again and not reading through the posts in this thread lololol

Sent via Club Lexus Mobile App
dude you got me again CJITTY with memorey like your you should have gone to medical school I read these threads but don't memorize and for get since I am on a few forums. Sorry buddy. Hope you are well my brother.

Still not sure but I am assuming you needed to shave the fender a bit.
I8ABMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-13, 02:15 PM   #23
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic
 
I8ABMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Waiting for next track day
Posts: 22,364
Default

when you and LXurious say that there is no rubbing with air suspension is that because you guys can ride a bit high for added comfort and clearance with the air set up??
I8ABMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-13, 06:03 PM   #24
CJITTY
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
CJITTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The South
Posts: 4,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I8ABMR View Post
when you and LXurious say that there is no rubbing with air suspension is that because you guys can ride a bit high for added comfort and clearance with the air set up??
Lolol..I was referring to my post above where Kofie had these and limited rubbing. I will know tomorrow when the new tires and shoes go on but with factory air susp and the data systems lowering controller. .we have a lot of options for that

Sent via Club Lexus Mobile App
CJITTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-13, 02:31 AM   #25
LXurious
Lead Lap
 
LXurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 618
Default

@CJITTY is there a way to tell on the wheels when the wheels were made? Because I honestly never thought about that when I ordered the rims and tires. What should I be worried about if they are? Im pretty sure they arent but rather be safe than sorry especially with no spare now.

And to I8ABMR The air suspension on the LS adjusts itself based on numerous variable including passengers and how close the wheel is to rubbing so it allows the car to drive without rubbing as long as stock offsets are being used. With height high my wheel gap looks horrible like a DONK!
LXurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-15, 05:37 AM   #26
CJITTY
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
CJITTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The South
Posts: 4,609
Default

Updating this thread with new details. I am going to pull back my recommendation on these Delinte 305/25/22 size. I have had 3 failures in the past year. Basically sidewall bubbles and one near tread separation. BF Goodrich is coming out with this size soon which has a 45k mile warranty and Toyo Proxes 4 are also available. As far as Delinte 305 rears. .they are good for local in town driving but after seeing a friend of mine have a blowout on one of his 305s recently combined with my recent issues..I'm done and won't travel long distance on those rears. My front Delinte 255/30/22 tires have never been an issue
CJITTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-15, 04:23 PM   #27
is150
Lead Lap
iTrader: (9)
 
is150's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: OH
Posts: 611
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJITTY View Post
Updating this thread with new details. I am going to pull back my recommendation on these Delinte 305/25/22 size. I have had 3 failures in the past year. Basically sidewall bubbles and one near tread separation. BF Goodrich is coming out with this size soon which has a 45k mile warranty and Toyo Proxes 4 are also available. As far as Delinte 305 rears. .they are good for local in town driving but after seeing a friend of mine have a blowout on one of his 305s recently combined with my recent issues..I'm done and won't travel long distance on those rears. My front Delinte 255/30/22 tires have never been an issue
Do you think its the 25 series that is the problem considering that the 30 series you run up front has not had issues, or a brand issue?
is150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 12:58 AM   #28
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (1)
 
lbintab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 1,434
Default

Knock on wood but we've been running 245 and 255 stretched tires on the 3 LS's in our crew with no issues. All 21s though with much taller sidewalls. We all were on 22s at one point but have all went to 21s. I think the moment you go to 21s and with a taller sidewalls you'll have less issues in general. I'd also stay away from the off brand China tires. Those are the ones I've had problems with in the past.
lbintab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-15, 11:35 AM   #29
CJITTY
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
CJITTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The South
Posts: 4,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by is150 View Post
Do you think its the 25 series that is the problem considering that the 30 series you run up front has not had issues, or a brand issue?
It could be but to run staggered properly the 25 aspect ratio required...there is also a ton of weight on those inside edges, especially with the hybrid batteries and rear AC unit which adds some weight so who knows. It could very well be the design of that particular size. My 255s have never been an issue
CJITTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-15, 11:36 AM   #30
CJITTY
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
CJITTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The South
Posts: 4,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbintab View Post
Knock on wood but we've been running 245 and 255 stretched tires on the 3 LS's in our crew with no issues. All 21s though with much taller sidewalls. We all were on 22s at one point but have all went to 21s. I think the moment you go to 21s and with a taller sidewalls you'll have less issues in general. I'd also stay away from the off brand China tires. Those are the ones I've had problems with in the past.
Yeah buddy..leaning more to 21s these days..limited tire options is the only downfall but the extra sidewall would be nice
CJITTY is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help New rear tire size. f0unta1n LS - 4th Gen (2007-present) 5 01-15-16 08:44 PM
New tires for GS- can I go wider? stgtech GS - 4th Gen (2013-present) 2 08-06-15 02:15 PM
For my LS Family running 22" wheels CJITTY LS - 4th Gen (2007-present) 3 01-11-14 12:08 PM
So I finally went 305s in the rear. Thanks CJITTY. 305Busa LS - 4th Gen (2007-present) 8 10-11-13 10:01 AM
Tire/Rim question LXurious LS - 4th Gen (2007-present) 3 10-27-12 02:47 PM


Tags
22, 25, 2553022, 2952522, 305, 3052522s, 30525r22, fitment, issues, proxes4, recommended, rim, size, staggered, toyo

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:59 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved