LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

To buy 2013 LS460 F Sport or not to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-13, 10:06 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

For them being on the same platform it is interesting I agree, probably has to do with the suspension tuning, larger wheels on the A7 maybe?
Old 06-13-13, 10:15 AM
sulex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to keep the LS460 as well. I made a mistake of trading my 2008 LS460 for a Range Rover Sport Supercharged, HUGE mistake. So I sold that and got the 07 back.
Old 06-13-13, 10:17 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

I feel ya on the GTR, I have always kind of wanted a fun, fast sports car to drive when I want to but I always question how much I would actually drive it...
Old 06-13-13, 01:36 PM
joeyb
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just drove the A6/7, and I was not impressed by the ride. The S versions get air suspension and optional comfort seats. The S6 with B&O was a serious contender for me, but the interior on the lexus is still better.
Old 06-13-13, 03:06 PM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Have you considered the Jaguar XJ? Its one hell of a vehicle. IMHO it owns Audi A8, BMW 7 series and the S Class too. Its like a tank, honestly cant beat it.
Old 06-13-13, 03:09 PM
sulex
Driver School Candidate

I drove the XJ, but something about it didn't feel quite right...the ride didn't have much of a character.
Old 06-13-13, 03:53 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts

To me the new LS is not a big enough change for me to trade two cars in for one. I have always had some sort of sports car for a third weekend car and I sold my Viper last year because I never had much time to drive it once my two kids were born. I am going in the opposite direction as you, once my second goes into a booster seat next year I am going to sell my LS and look for a 2012 GTR as a daily driver since it has back seats even though they are small. As much as I love my LS I just miss having a sports car. Now if the '13 LS was a completely new car, then it would be a harder decision to me.

BTW, why was the RR Sport a huge mistake?
Old 06-13-13, 04:03 PM
sulex
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by patgilm
To me the new LS is not a big enough change for me to trade two cars in for one. I have always had some sort of sports car for a third weekend car and I sold my Viper last year because I never had much time to drive it once my two kids were born. I am going in the opposite direction as you, once my second goes into a booster seat next year I am going to sell my LS and look for a 2012 GTR as a daily driver since it has back seats even though they are small. As much as I love my LS I just miss having a sports car. Now if the '13 LS was a completely new car, then it would be a harder decision to me.

BTW, why was the RR Sport a huge mistake?
RR Sport Supercharged was a cool car, but super stiff, HORRIBLE gas milage (10 mpg), and just lacked a lot of the features that a car in that price range should have. Back up camera, self closing trunk, etc...plus after 60k miles they tend to break down (sold mine at 18k).

GT-Rs are fun for sure and I'm sure you'll love it. Just check out the price of breaks on them and other misc. things that can add up quite a bit :-).
Old 06-13-13, 06:32 PM
williakz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Now if the '13 LS was a completely new car, then it would be a harder decision to me.
Does not compute. Assume the 2013 LS460 IS "all new." Yes, we know it's not, but play along for a minute. If it WAS all new, and the design intent of the "new" LS was consistent with that of the last TWO DECADES, how would that present you with a harder decision to make? It wouldn't. You want some hot wheels; the LS is not hot wheels - not now, not next year, never has been, never will be. So what's with all the wailing and gnashing of teeth? You're not torn, you never were. Go get your screamer and have a blast. We'll move over to the slow lane when we see you coming up behind us...
Old 06-13-13, 08:57 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by williakz
Does not compute. Assume the 2013 LS460 IS "all new." Yes, we know it's not, but play along for a minute. If it WAS all new, and the design intent of the "new" LS was consistent with that of the last TWO DECADES, how would that present you with a harder decision to make? It wouldn't. You want some hot wheels; the LS is not hot wheels - not now, not next year, never has been, never will be. So what's with all the wailing and gnashing of teeth? You're not torn, you never were. Go get your screamer and have a blast. We'll move over to the slow lane when we see you coming up behind us...
My choice of words could have been clearer but you don't know me so don't act like you do and stop being so defensive. What I meant was that to me it would likely be a harder decision for him. Is there anything else you know about me and want to tell me about that I don't already know?
Old 06-13-13, 09:47 PM
williakz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My choice of words could have been clearer...
So explain WHY the decision would be harder. What are the pros and cons that make it harder to decide to buy IF and ONLY IF the 2013 was "all new" instead of only "new'"? Clear? Not to me...
Old 06-13-13, 10:03 PM
sulex
Driver School Candidate

You guys are being silly, calm down
Old 06-14-13, 05:27 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Well personally, id go for the F Sport for the looks alone. Never was a GTR person. Always felt like I was driving a box around. Its in a difference price bracket but was always more of an R8 guy.
Old 06-14-13, 06:33 AM
Valley101
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Buying a 2013

You either want the car or not. Only you can make the decision. So buy it or move on. That is the way I make my decisions.
Old 06-14-13, 08:48 AM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can tell you from having had the A7 platform, that the car has a design flaw they know about with the fuel system and not reading accurately all the time. The fuel cell straddles the back drive system and I ran out of gas several times because it didn't read right. I'll never buy into that brand again as I had to go through lemon law for them to causally acknowledge later on that it was a design flaw.

Quick Reply: To buy 2013 LS460 F Sport or not to buy?