LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Check AFS light and APGS system not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-13, 09:10 PM
plasma54
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Check AFS light and APGS system not working

Hey, Guys

This is my first post, have been on this site ever since a bought it and the members here are extemely helpful and wondering if you guys can help me out, I bought a 2007 Lexus LS 460 L recently and the check AFS (Adaptive Front-lighting System) at dealer light is coming from yesterday which was rainy, and I also noticed that the APGS (Advanced Parking Guidance System) was not working also , and if I leave the car off and come back after several hours light seems to go back off and on again after a while. I just changed the tires a week ago if that helps

I would think it would be a sensor but is there any sensor that is used for APGS and AFS as they both stop working at the same time, give me messages to take to the dealer

* NO data controler
* NO air suspension on the car
* All original parts

Last edited by plasma54; 04-30-13 at 09:42 PM.
Old 05-01-13, 12:19 PM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

Hello and welcome to the Club!

In the top right hand corner of this forum there is a search function. Do a search using some key words such as "AFS light". There are a number of threads that may help you.

Here is one - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...work-help.html
Old 05-01-13, 01:38 PM
plasma54
Driver School Candidate

I checked almost all the posts related to the afs issue could not find a solution or comparable problem.
The afs issue doesn't come on if the car left for a few hours and i go to start but i soon as power off and restart comes back even the the headlights go through there startup routine on startup every time, i am just wondering what would be linked to the apgs and afs system, the problem first came when i went uphill onto a driveway
Old 05-02-13, 06:39 PM
plasma54
Driver School Candidate

Hey, guys

I have a feeling one of the sensors are damaged or something do you guys know where the afs sensors are on the ls 460? I had the car jacked up quite a few times last week and thinking that might be a factor, but i have no idea where the sensors are :s
Old 05-11-13, 11:04 PM
plasma54
Driver School Candidate

*update

The light went off for a couple days close to a week and a few days the headlight
just trys to go up and down and level it self when at a redlight, I am just wondering
would I have to level the afs sensors on the four wheels as the car was on 17inch rims
and there were no problems after I changed them at home to oem 18 inch rims the light started
coming on after a couple days but goes out sometimes, anyone have similar issues when changing rim size
And if so can I adjust the level arms without lifitng it up?

Last edited by CJITTY; 02-10-15 at 09:42 AM.
Old 02-10-15, 07:16 AM
jbrittmart
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by plasma54
*update

The light went off for a couple days close to a week and a few days the headlight
just trys to go up and down and level it self when at a redlight, I am just wondering
would I have to level the afs sensors on the four wheels as the car was on 17inch rims
and there were no problems after I changed them at home to oem 18 inch rims the light started
coming on after a couple days but goes out sometimes, anyone have similar issues when changing rim size
interesting.... my issue started immediately after I had 22's put on.
Old 02-10-15, 08:32 AM
jmcraney

Received 254 Likes on 194 Posts

Although this link is to information on a different Lexus model it might be helpful:
Old 02-10-15, 09:43 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by plasma54
*update

17 inch wheels? On an LS460?? minimum diameter is 18" with option to go 19" with oem wheels? Is 17 a typo?
Old 04-30-17, 03:58 PM
Rlbhagwat
Driver School Candidate

Default Hey

i am new (1st time post) my Ls was recently in accident and I changed out the passenger side headlight and now I'm get the AFS warning light. The kicker is I never got that light even when my other headlight was on. I need some wisdom before forking out dealer money for diagnostic cost.
Old 06-23-17, 02:04 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

Does anyone know if the APGS and AFS are interconnected somehow?

I am close to buying an 07 with the self park feature but when I click to use it , it says APGS not functioning and needs service.

The AFS is also on .

I'm not going to pay dealer to diagnose, I'm getting the car fairly cheap and just going to have to figure it out myself ..or at least try too