LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H
Old 12-15-14, 12:53 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

My Android Integration Demo Video with VAIS Technologies IVIC System

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-15, 12:17 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by roadfrog
I did that too last month. Had to, because the Galaxy S6 doesn't allow HDMI.

Not gonna lie though....it's not nearly as good as the old setup was. Better than nothing.
ok, so im going to acquire info from a few different sources here.

I just sent a PM to CJITTY to inquire about what needs to be purchased in order for this to work.
Im a bit lost as to what version of the Samsung i'll have access to shortly, but its not the brand new one, but the one that was out about 6-8 months ago. Currently I have an HTC One that came out a few years ago-the original.
From what I understand, JITTY has an older phone and had a wired set-up.
Now has the same phone but is now wireless.
You, had a wired set-up, went wireless last month and, if I understand you correctly, liked the efficiency of the wired set-up vs the wireless set up?
Am I correct?
Old 01-20-16, 07:09 PM
keldridge
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently went to VAIS's website and it states that the 2007 LS460 is no longer supported due to lines on the screen since it is a Gen 5 Navigation System. I was very disappointed to say the least.

Anyone here have any luck getting this working on a 2007 LS460?

Thank you for your time in advance.
Old 01-22-16, 06:25 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Sorry for delay guys. I was one of the first folks on this forum to get the IVIC back in 2012. The first version is the IVIC 5D I believe is what it is called. I called them the other day and they said the current version would most likely work, but the reason they don't support it anymore is because of the vertical lines. So let me take you all step by step on how the vertical lines appear and how to resolve it (at least for me). My car is in for service and I'll come back and edit this post to include a video showing this.

Example:
1. Listening to XM Satellite Radio and your navigational map is on screen. IVIC is not running.
2. You want to know the artist of the song, so you hit the AUDIO button on left side of nave screen
3. You will be greeted with black screen and white vertical lines
4. Simply toggle your IVIC on by hitting the CD button until CD CHANGER 1 appears (which is IVIC input)
5. Let it get to the "Waiting for Andorid Screen"
6. Then go back to your XM source or previous source
7. Then click AUDIO..it will work as normal.

All of this can be done in less than 10 seconds and once you do the sequence, it's good for the entire time your car is on. It's a minor nuisance, but not a show stopper by any means. Full disclaimer, I have self parking feature, so I am not sure if this will work in a non self park version. Perhaps someone can try this method and confirm it works on NON SELF PARKING models.

I have skipped using the MHL adapter and using Chromecast. I have a legacy APK file for Chromecast that makes casting much easier than the new version. It works absolutely flawless for me and the best part about casting my screen wirelessly, is that I can keep my phone at 100% since the MHL adapter is not sucking the life out of my battery and decharging it quicker than it can charge. I use an OEM Samsung adaptive fast charger by the way. THe audio sounds great and I have no lag in audio when casting my screen. I am using a Galaxy Note 4, unrooted. No hacks. I also use a rotation screen app that forces landscape much better than IVIC Port app can do. In fact, I don't use ivic port app at all anymore. I have also NEVER performed a firmware upgrade on my IVIC. Firmware upgrades added no benefit to me, so I assumed to not mess up a good thing. Nearly 4 years later, I'm still happy with it. I only use my IVIC if I will be in my car more than 30 minutes or so. It's a process after all.

1. Activate IVIC by clicking DVD/CD button on head unit
2. Turn on my mobile hotspot (Chromecast needs wifi to work for ad-hoc sync)
3. Chromecast will connect to my hotspot automatically within 5 seconds or less
4. Open Chromecast app
5. Click CastScreen
6. Open SiriusXM app, select my channel
7. Open WAZE or Google Maps app for my navigation
8. Use Force Rotation App to make every app landscape
9. Make sure phone has charging cable to keep battery high
10.. Put car in Drive and go.

All of this takes less than 30 seconds, but still..I don't do all of this for quick trips..not that serious. I also have slim bluetooth mouse to drive my screen..it works far better than the IVIC touch screen. My IVIC is not bluetooth connected to my phone either with my Chromecast...just creates lag and I don't use the navigation touchscreen, just my mouse. I hope this update helps someone..

Here are some demo vids on my IG account for how I am using chromecast to wirelessly cast to IVIC

https://www.instagram.com/p/869qTamicw/
https://www.instagram.com/p/76nCV9mide/

Last edited by CJITTY; 01-22-16 at 06:41 PM.
Old 01-30-16, 02:29 PM
freemurray
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2007 Lexus LS460 IVIC-5DR installed and working

I took the chance and ordered a IVIC-5DR and installed in my 2007 Lexus LS460. The company said the cables would connect but they did not support it and it may or may not work! Well after a few hours and installing the box inside the console... all done and Working!!!!

I would like to have a larger menu tho.... maybe its a setting? the home screen is only in the center of the NAV screen.... I have the IVIC app and running as you see....

I must be missing something????
Attached Thumbnails My Android Integration Demo Video with VAIS Technologies IVIC System-dsc01301-1.jpg   My Android Integration Demo Video with VAIS Technologies IVIC System-dsc01300-1.jpg   My Android Integration Demo Video with VAIS Technologies IVIC System-dsc01299-1.jpg   My Android Integration Demo Video with VAIS Technologies IVIC System-dsc01293.jpg  
Old 01-30-16, 05:43 PM
freemurray
Driver School Candidate

Default 2007 Lexus LS460 IVIC-5DR installed -Quick Video

here is a quick video.... first time go easy, thanks

Old 02-06-16, 09:28 AM
macjac69
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by freemurray
I took the chance and ordered a IVIC-5DR and installed in my 2007 Lexus LS460. The company said the cables would connect but they did not support it and it may or may not work! Well after a few hours and installing the box inside the console... all done and Working!!!!

I would like to have a larger menu tho.... maybe its a setting? the home screen is only in the center of the NAV screen.... I have the IVIC app and running as you see....

Does your car have self park? I couldn't watch the video at work but does your back up camera still work or did you lose it's functionality?
Old 02-07-16, 04:34 AM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by macjac69
Does your car have self park? I couldn't watch the video at work but does your back up camera still work or did you lose it's functionality?
I have self park. Backup camera works fine.
Old 02-08-16, 03:53 AM
freemurray
Driver School Candidate

Yes backup camera works just fine with self park
Old 02-08-16, 12:33 PM
macjac69
Driver

OK I know this is gonna sound dumb but by self park do we mean put the car in alignment with a parking spot let the wheel go and the computer puts it in the spot for you?
Old 02-08-16, 03:20 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

OK I know this is gonna sound dumb but by self park do we mean put the car in alignment with a parking spot let the wheel go and the computer puts it in the spot for you?
No dumb questions here macjac! Yes, that's what self-park is. Park ASSIST is where you have sensors in the bumpers and a back up camera (usually).
Old 02-08-16, 04:51 PM
macjac69
Driver

Originally Posted by roadfrog
No dumb questions here macjac! Yes, that's what self-park is. Park ASSIST is where you have sensors in the bumpers and a back up camera (usually).
Thought so. So I only have park assist. Matter of fact I'm asking these ?'s because I was interested in buying your ivic but I didn't know if the problems with the screen and the stripes and bars issue could be actually corrected with the Cjitty fix since no one chimed in that has a car with just park assist.

Last edited by macjac69; 02-08-16 at 05:02 PM.
Old 02-08-16, 05:16 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by freemurray

Congrats on the install. How hard was it getting to the back of nav and radio to plug it all in? I saw the youtube video, but haven't tried getting back there to install other stuff.

I recommend going the Chromecast route and not do the MHL HDMI out...see if it works better by casting the screen. The ivic is funny about phone formats, but using Chromecast, any phone that can cast screen using Chromecast app "should" work.
Old 02-11-16, 01:07 PM
RandyV
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

That's some mad skillz CJ.

Old 02-15-16, 03:39 AM
freemurray
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Congrats on the install. How hard was it getting to the back of nav and radio to plug it all in? I saw the youtube video, but haven't tried getting back there to install other stuff.

I recommend going the Chromecast route and not do the MHL HDMI out...see if it works better by casting the screen. The ivic is funny about phone formats, but using Chromecast, any phone that can cast screen using Chromecast app "should" work.

It was not bad at all.... the video helped out tremendously -Helping me not breaking any tabs etc.... I am using the MHL adapter and its usb powered also so it does charge the phone... I ran everything into my glove -wires, IVIC etc... all hidden... So far this was well worth the $300 I paid for it! Bought it off someone on Amazon..

I did figure out my backscreen size issue... the photo that was my background photo was taken in portrait mode (upright) instead of landscape mode (holding the phone sideways)...easy fix!!!

Does the chrome cast use your tether on your phone to work??
Attached Thumbnails My Android Integration Demo Video with VAIS Technologies IVIC System-dsc01296.jpg   My Android Integration Demo Video with VAIS Technologies IVIC System-dsc01295.jpg  
Old 02-15-16, 02:41 PM
CJITTY

Yes I set up my phones mobile hot spot to connect the chromecast to it. So when I turn on my hotspot, my chromecast would see it and then I could cast screen to it and I was off and running