LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

What would you sell or buy your 07 LS 460 for?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-13, 10:32 AM
Splurg
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would you sell or buy your 07 LS 460 for?

Hi,

I purchased a 2007 Ls 460 White/Black interior, from the dealer 2 yrs ago, it was never in an accident came up and looked and is clean at 46k, i bought the extended warranty 4 yrs/ 100k for piece of mind, and been driving it since, car is amazing love it, now has 75k still clean. I am the 2nd owner and admit to being a dealer *****, plus i love there coffee and snacks and love the loaners ,what i mean is i take my car and get everything done on time , all the time, if they say i need it, i get it... i have records from the 1st owner it was sold to all the way to all i have done presently no service of any kind was ever missed . car has no issues, everything that needs to be done has been done.Oil stick still reads like new car.....all this to say this....

I need a used truck or van for work now and goin to sell the car locally,
what really is a fair price?
Nada ? Kelly? Dealers?
Does it still stand true i have a Rare combo color? if so does it help the value?
Does the fact i been so **** with the car help me more than what dealers are asking for there used cars which are in less condition?

i really dont want to go to dealer and deal with trade and all that mumbo jumbo crap that comes with haggling.
i rather just buy a used car or truck locally from a private seller and just sell my car at a fair price locally i would never do online as its too much hassle,plus i want the person to see what they are getting and who they are getting it from and can prolly get more locally than online. Just dont want to ask for too little or ask for too much nyther what do you guys think?

thanks in advance.
Old 03-10-13, 12:06 PM
Nospinzone

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

Like you said, go to Edmunds, KBB and NADA and run your car to see the private sale value.

Having all the records and a rare color combo is nice, but frankly in a 6 year old car, it adds squat (plus maybe $100) to the value.

I agree with you to do it locally, that is your best bet.
Old 03-10-13, 12:44 PM
Splurg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
Like you said, go to Edmunds, KBB and NADA and run your car to see the private sale value.

Having all the records and a rare color combo is nice, but frankly in a 6 year old car, it adds squat (plus maybe $100) to the value.

I agree with you to do it locally, that is your best bet.

thank you.....

it sucks that your value goes up only $100 for being ****, than say someone who isnt

Which one of the 3 in your opinion is the most respected from your mention?
Old 03-10-13, 02:46 PM
williakz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I recommend CarMax for a quick and easy appraisal. Keep in mind that if you want to sell it to them, you can walk out with the check. Takes about 30-45min. Also keep in mind that if you are considering purchasing another vehicle from a dealer, their trade-in value is generally not subject to local tax. So, if 5% local tax and trade-in is $20k, you'll be "saving" $1,000 in tax compared to a non-dealer sale for the same $20k. This means that a non-dealer sale (CarMax or private, etc.) must pay you $21k to equal the dealer's trade-in of $20k. Good luck.
Old 03-10-13, 04:50 PM
Nospinzone

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Splurg
Which one of the 3 in your opinion is the most respected from your mention?
They are all respected. I've found NADA seems to overvalue the vehicle, but then I've only priced a limited range of vehicles. Edmunds seems to take more in account when determining value than the other two sites.
Old 03-10-13, 08:26 PM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I will trade you my 2007 Toyota 4Runner Limited V8 4X4 with 108K
Old 03-10-13, 10:16 PM
mikectm2
Driver School Candidate

Normal $30K or $31K

U being Nice $28K

U being unrealistic $34K to $35K
Old 03-10-13, 10:27 PM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Those numbers seem a little high for an 07 with 75,000 miles.

JR
Old 03-10-13, 10:32 PM
mikectm2
Driver School Candidate

Yea, i won't disagree. A '07 with 57,xxx miles just went for $31K on Los Angeles Craigslist. The ad is still there , just looked.

A '10 with 47,xxx miles is $42,993 at Woodland Hills Lexus by the way. not that it applies to this thread, just mentioning if anyone wants to know..
Old 03-11-13, 06:03 AM
Splurg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by williakz
I recommend CarMax for a quick and easy appraisal. Keep in mind that if you want to sell it to them, you can walk out with the check. Takes about 30-45min. Also keep in mind that if you are considering purchasing another vehicle from a dealer, their trade-in value is generally not subject to local tax. So, if 5% local tax and trade-in is $20k, you'll be "saving" $1,000 in tax compared to a non-dealer sale for the same $20k. This means that a non-dealer sale (CarMax or private, etc.) must pay you $21k to equal the dealer's trade-in of $20k. Good luck.
so in other words if im understanding you correctly ....your saying that selling to a place like car max will always pay you more than the dealers would on a trade in?
Old 03-11-13, 06:05 AM
Splurg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
They are all respected. I've found NADA seems to overvalue the vehicle, but then I've only priced a limited range of vehicles. Edmunds seems to take more in account when determining value than the other two sites.
thanks for the input....i will take all of that in account when figuring my numbers
Old 03-11-13, 06:19 AM
Splurg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PRSUIT460
I will trade you my 2007 Toyota 4Runner Limited V8 4X4 with 108K
thanks for the offer,but im not looking to make any trades or to sell here at this very moment, just asking for input on values, so i can come up with a number of my own to sell locally but even if i do decide to do anything online...ill post for local sale only....
Old 03-11-13, 06:33 AM
Splurg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mikectm2
Normal $30K or $31K

U being Nice $28K

U being unrealistic $34K to $35K
wow man , funny you should come up with this because i myself had come up with this pricing scenerio:

Want to sell quick $30,000
Want to Negotiate $33,500
Want to wait no rush $34,500.00

mind you i took into account all 3 recommended online value sites also Ebay and CL and my local dealer CPO inventory and also i went to dealer and looked at conditions of interior etc and even with there points inspection the cars are not as super clean and they ask for crazy $$, so when selling i can use that to my advantage as well....clean car , rare combo, maintained needs nothing and comes with transferable warranty.
Old 03-11-13, 08:55 AM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Splurg
so in other words if im understanding you correctly ....your saying that selling to a place like car max will always pay you more than the dealers would on a trade in?
In my experience, it depends. I took 4 cars to CarMax for offers last year. the offers were all over the place.

2005 Toyota Prius with 45000 miles Carmax offered exactly KBB trade in price. I sold it to my brother-in-law

2004 Ford Expedition with 60,000 mies, very nice, no paint work, good interior condition they were $1,500 below KBB. Sold it to Lexus dealer for $2,500 more and they put it on their used lot.

2002 Pontiac Sunfire with only 36,000 miles on it they were right on KBB Trade in price. Sold it to a friend.

2008 Toyota Avalon Limited in excellent condition they offered $3,000 MORE than KBB. Traded it in at local lexus dealer on a 2009 CPO LS460.

JR
Old 03-11-13, 09:03 AM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My '07 has 35K miles and has always been completely stock, with all service records from my Lexus dealer. I have no clue how much it would sell for.

Quick Reply: What would you sell or buy your 07 LS 460 for?