LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2 Sets of Wheels? Ok, Reset your TPMS yourself at home!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-13, 09:23 AM
WhitBaby
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do have the TPMS numbers for both sets of tires, however all 9 are only 7-character alpha-numeric numbers...(one set is on a Vehicle Diagnostic Report printout from Lexus dealer.)

None of the hex conversion programs I can find yield anything with your 8-character hex strings.

Whazzap?
Old 03-13-13, 08:52 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by WhitBaby
I do have the TPMS numbers for both sets of tires, however all 9 are only 7-character alpha-numeric numbers...(one set is on a Vehicle Diagnostic Report printout from Lexus dealer.)

None of the hex conversion programs I can find yield anything with your 8-character hex strings.

Whazzap?

you need to add a zero to the beginning per the ATEQ instructions if you have less than 8 characters when you input the IDs into the pc software
Old 08-10-13, 09:18 PM
Pkathee
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory TPMS ID selector switch

What if the Lexus car comes with the TPMS ID selector switch. By this I mean, the car has 'MAIN' & '2nd' position TPMS switch for 2 sets of ID codes (Winter & Summer Tires). This switch is located mostly in the glove box.

Would the Quickset tool be useful here? Or does it only function without the factory ID selector switch?

Thanks.
Old 08-10-13, 09:34 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by Pkathee
What if the Lexus car comes with the TPMS ID selector switch. By this I mean, the car has 'MAIN' & '2nd' position TPMS switch for 2 sets of ID codes (Winter & Summer Tires). This switch is located mostly in the glove box.

Would the Quickset tool be useful here? Or does it only function without the factory ID selector switch?

Thanks.
Not sure..may want to call ATEQ on that because the LS' s do not have this magical switch we all wish was there to avoid having to get this device in the first place..

Sent via Club Lexus Mobile App
Old 12-10-13, 06:04 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ok im about to tackle this task i have pics of my new sensors with ids on them but how do you activate them ??
Old 12-10-13, 06:19 PM
CJITTY

Not sure about "activating"..as far as syncing up to the car, Just need to plug them into the software and send to the tool..then go to car and flash them. Or better yet, read the directions via the owners manual from the company website like I did

Last edited by CJITTY; 12-10-13 at 06:23 PM.
Old 12-10-13, 06:55 PM
FrankyBoy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish they had a system tool that is MAC compatible! Ended up selling my ATEQ on Ebay after the frustration.

Good write up CJITTY though...
Old 12-10-13, 07:45 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by FrankyBoy
I wish they had a system tool that is MAC compatible! Ended up selling my ATEQ on Ebay after the frustration.

Good write up CJITTY though...
Thanks man..yeah I hear ya. Sometimes it's worth having an older Windows laptop laying around for this stuff...just like techstream software which I have also
Old 12-13-13, 02:50 PM
WhitBaby
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought an ATEQ Quickset, ver 3.02, from a member on this forum in March.
It has the cable, dongle, CD and color User Manual. He assured me it worked fine but I never got around to using it. Just didn't want to dink with it. I keep my off-season mounted wheels/tires at the dealers anyway, so I just let them do the TPMS reset at the same time.

I'd let this go for $100 USPS money order and shipped to anywhere in the lower 48 states.

Whit
whitbaby@comcast.net
Attached Thumbnails 2 Sets of Wheels? Ok, Reset your TPMS yourself at home!!!-tpms-1.jpg   2 Sets of Wheels? Ok, Reset your TPMS yourself at home!!!-tpms-2.jpg   2 Sets of Wheels? Ok, Reset your TPMS yourself at home!!!-tpms-3.jpg   2 Sets of Wheels? Ok, Reset your TPMS yourself at home!!!-tpms-4.jpg  
Old 12-13-13, 03:43 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Not sure about "activating"..as far as syncing up to the car, Just need to plug them into the software and send to the tool..then go to car and flash them. Or better yet, read the directions via the owners manual from the company website like I did
looks like ill be selling mine as well ... i found out that i need a different tool like you posted above from a tire shop .... they need to scan the sensor in each wheel and activate them with the same tool ... IMO the ateq is a waste of time .. tires plus quoted me 19.99 to reporgram the sensors and turn the light off we will see if this is true or not
Old 12-13-13, 06:42 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by lexusondubs
looks like ill be selling mine as well ... i found out that i need a different tool like you posted above from a tire shop .... they need to scan the sensor in each wheel and activate them with the same tool ... IMO the ateq is a waste of time .. tires plus quoted me 19.99 to reporgram the sensors and turn the light off we will see if this is true or not
Discount tire scanned both my 19s and 22s for free. I took a picture of their scanner after each tire to get the hex ids captured. Then plugged the numbers into the ATEQ program in my laptop and flashed the tool. Now when I swap wheels at home, I just flash the car via the tool..when I had my sensors installed, there was no activation. Like I stated in my write up, you need to know your sensor ids ahead of time. This tool is designed to help you swap ids to the car, not identify them.
Old 12-20-13, 12:07 PM
joeyb
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is the best source for the software. The universal Windows version worked for me on Windows 8

http://www.ateqtpm.com/support/downl...-ateq-quickset
Old 03-14-14, 09:06 AM
PeteinPA
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I bought the unit and am going to attempt to use it when I switch to a new set of wheels in a couple of weeks. The sensors I have are off my 2008 GS350,
There are a couple of sets of #'s on the sensors, I am assuming I would be using the FCC-ID, can anyone confirm?
Old 03-14-14, 09:18 AM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by PeteinPA
I bought the unit and am going to attempt to use it when I switch to a new set of wheels in a couple of weeks. The sensors I have are off my 2008 GS350,
There are a couple of sets of #'s on the sensors, I am assuming I would be using the FCC-ID, can anyone confirm?
It should be an 8 digit code..you can always go by a place like Discount Tire and have them scan each sensor so you can get the IDs..I took a pic of the scanner tool screen so I would have them to enter into the software and flash into the tool. Not sure if you looked at my pics on my first post of this thread that shows the ID..one pic shows 8 digit code and another shows a 9 digital hex. I had to use a free online hex converter for the sensors that had more than 8 characters

Last edited by CJITTY; 03-14-14 at 09:24 AM.
Old 03-14-14, 12:14 PM
PeteinPA
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks CJ, I'll give that a try.

Quick Reply: 2 Sets of Wheels? Ok, Reset your TPMS yourself at home!!!