LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Just bought a 09 black on black LS 460

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-13, 07:59 PM
silver305
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Just bought a 09 black on black LS 460

Good evening,
After researching for a car to replace my former car (2008 lexus is250) i was completely set on going to C6 Z06 or even a Grand Sport. However, my payments were waaay too high and so after finally giving up on that thought, i went to my local dealer to fix something on my car. I see a black LS 460 with 64k miles, still smelled like new, good shape, and well, the rest was history. I drove it for sh i ts and giggles to see how much different it was from the lexus is250 and well, i had to have it.
I am very happy with the price plus the APR i received from lexus financial. This is definetely one amazing, quiet, comfortable vehicle and i really love how it drives.
That being said, i have a few questions for anyone here who knows this car really well.

1. This car came with the ls600 headlights, but why are they dimmer than the ones on my is250? i dont think they shine the road where it needs to, but rather like super close and in front of the vehicle which makes it hard to see a little more far. Is this the adjustment that needs to be looked at? can these ls600 headlights be adjusted too?

2. i can't seem to find the feature that beeps as i am getting close to a wall or another vehicle when i am parking. I would like to turn that feature on since i am still getting used to the size of this vehicle.

3. HOW do you read the tire pressure on the display? which of the readings are for which tire?
all i see is a column of readings, but i dont see which one is for which tire? also, there is one of them that does not give you a reading. It keeps saying "checking" and nothing else.

thanks in advance!!
Old 03-03-13, 08:08 PM
williakz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Is this is a CPO car? Should have TPMS numbers on all tires including full-sized spare. Readings/tires are in random but static position. You can map which tires correspond to which position and keep a record in the glove box. Make sure to ID the tires/wheels so you can tell which is which when (if) you rotate.

Park Assist has dash button AND settings through Nav. Check your owner's manual for operation.

Headlights on different cars are, um, different. You'll get used to them.
Old 03-03-13, 08:11 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

To turn the park assist on/off there's a button on the lower left dash beside the steering wheel that has a "P" on it. Good luck on the tire pressure monitors, your gonna have to add or release air pressure one tire at a time and see which number changes on your dash display. When you find each location and write it down that's your order. Most of the LS's I've been around the top pressure reading on your display is usually the spare tire. Congrats on the car and good luck finding those monitors locatin.
Old 03-03-13, 08:12 PM
silver305
Pole Position

Originally Posted by williakz
Is this is a CPO car? Should have TPMS numbers on all tires including full-sized spare. Readings/tires are in random but static position. You can map which tires correspond to which position and keep a record in the glove box. Make sure to ID the tires/wheels so you can tell which is which when (if) you rotate.

Park Assist has dash button AND settings through Nav. Check your owner's manual for operation.

Headlights on different cars are, um, different. You'll get used to them.
what is a cpo car? also, i mean this is the first car i've ever owned where the low beams literally light up like 2 feet in front of the car and everything else looks like it does not have enough light to see the road clearly...
Old 03-03-13, 08:13 PM
silver305
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SBlexus
To turn the park assist on/off there's a button on the lower left dash beside the steering wheel that has a "P" on it. Good luck on the tire pressure monitors, your gonna have to add or release air pressure one tire at a time and see which number changes on your dash display. When you find each location and write it down that's your order. Most of the LS's I've been around the top pressure reading on your display is usually the spare tire. Congrats on the car and good luck finding those monitors locatin.
i see the button, but i am not sure where it tells me whether it is on or off?
Old 03-03-13, 08:14 PM
silver305
Pole Position

are the actual headlights for this car better than the ls600 headlights? this car came with the ls600 lights..
Old 03-03-13, 08:16 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by silver305
i see the button, but i am not sure where it tells me whether it is on or off?
The green light will turn on when you push it to turn on the park assist. And cpo stand for certified pre-owned
Old 03-03-13, 08:21 PM
silver305
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SBlexus
The green light will turn on when you push it to turn on the park assist. And cpo stand for certified pre-owned
ok. The vehicle is not CPO because i was told that they dont typically quality vehicles with over 50k miles for such certification.
What are the main problems for this vehicle that i should be aware of?
Old 03-03-13, 08:27 PM
Silverpaws
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the club. Why does your ls460 have ls600 lights? They may need adjusting by the dealer. When
you push your park assist button, a green light should illuminate if the ignition switch is on. On your tire pressure display, if you continue to have "reading" for one tire, you may have a defective or missing sensor for one of the tires. A CPO car is a Lexus dealer "Certified Preowned" car which gives you a warranty which extends beyond the factory. If you purchased the vehicle from a Lexus dealer, you would have paperwork to confirm this.
Old 03-03-13, 08:27 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats!! Blk/blk ftw!!

Post some pics up!!
Old 03-03-13, 08:38 PM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Headlights are adjustable, at least the ones that came with the LS are. Directions are in your owners manual, section 4, Do It Yourself maintenance section .

My stock 09 LS has excellent headlights. Are. You sure yours are LS600 lamps? Seems odd.

Which dealer did you buy it from? I assume somewhere in Miami based on you 305 in your name..

JR
Old 03-03-13, 08:46 PM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

Hey silver305, welcome to the Club, and congrats!

You should read the sticky at the top of this forum for DIY, and also I bumped up the "Tricks & Tips" thread which has a lot of good info. You can also use the search function to find some particular stuff you are interested in.

BTW, shouldn't you be black305 now?
Old 03-03-13, 09:01 PM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

If you could post up a picture of your headlights to determine if they really are 600s that would be helpful. If they are pointing at the ground there might be an issue. SInce you just bought the car I would bring up these issues, they should take care of them.
Old 03-03-13, 09:13 PM
silver305
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PRSUIT460
If you could post up a picture of your headlights to determine if they really are 600s that would be helpful. If they are pointing at the ground there might be an issue. SInce you just bought the car I would bring up these issues, they should take care of them.
ok, the pictures are attached.. I was told at the dealer this car was driven by an executive over at lexus and he ordered these lights from them for close to six grand.. i am not quite sure if it is the truth or not..
Attached Thumbnails Just bought a 09 black on black LS 460-1362340652102.jpg   Just bought a 09 black on black LS 460-1362340677420.jpg   Just bought a 09 black on black LS 460-1362340706866.jpg  
Old 03-03-13, 09:15 PM
silver305
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FLYCT
Headlights are adjustable, at least the ones that came with the LS are. Directions are in your owners manual, section 4, Do It Yourself maintenance section .

My stock 09 LS has excellent headlights. Are. You sure yours are LS600 lamps? Seems odd.

Which dealer did you buy it from? I assume somewhere in Miami based on you 305 in your name..

JR
i bought it from a lexus dealer here in Miami. It has 64k miles and it is an 09. The price was $33,500..

Quick Reply: Just bought a 09 black on black LS 460