LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Questions on LS460's...if you had to buy the car again.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-13, 07:42 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Questions on LS460's...if you had to buy the car again.

Question....

If you had to shop and buy your LS over again.
What model would you get?
What wouldn't you get?
What options are most valuable/least valuable to you.

I'm looking... sooner than I had planned. Lease returns/CPO's.
I'm either going to do silver or white.
Old 03-01-13, 07:50 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Take a look at the LS460 options thread..you can search for it. It shows all the options. My motto is the less woodgrain on the center console and rear armrest.. the better..meaning more buttons
Old 03-01-13, 07:59 AM
Donniels
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Just purchased an 09 AWD 6 weeks ago and it has spent three weeks at the dealer with the issue of jerking or hesitating( think dealer iss low will find a new one for future repairs) around the 35 to 45 mph. This seems to be a minor issue but if you don't need the AWD stay away.

That beening said the ride is amazing on the highway. I have a ML system is my wifes GS and did not get in the LS if you can get don't pas it up.

09 LS460 AWD
09 GS350 AWD
Attached Thumbnails Questions on LS460's...if you had to buy the car again.-dls.jpg  
Old 03-01-13, 08:13 AM
dckaraja
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a similar issue in my 09,AWD.At low speed.When you hit brakes.eh in parking lot.You would get slight jerk.It turned out there is TSB out for it.They replaced both the front assembly and issue went away.I would never buy anything that is not AWD.I love it.
Old 03-01-13, 08:45 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

lwb, air suspension, nav, mark levinson

if you have rear passengers, rear seat upgrade.
Old 03-01-13, 10:01 AM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I think an option I'd look for is the radar cruise control. if it's an 07-09 I'd stay away from the rear seat climate control. it'll take away almost half the trunk for the ac and heater system. I'd look for factory air. Oh and make sure you have mark levinson sound and nav.
Old 03-01-13, 10:38 AM
williakz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lbintab
..if it's an 07-09 I'd stay away from the rear seat climate control. it'll take away almost half the trunk for the ac and heater system...
Still the case on the new 2013s, I believe. My calculations show around 30% loss of trunk space for rear HVAC (Ultra Lux Package). Was it even worse on the 07-09 models?
Old 03-01-13, 10:40 AM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by neurocity
Question....

If you had to shop and buy your LS over again.
What model would you get?
What wouldn't you get?
What options are most valuable/least valuable to you.

I'm looking... sooner than I had planned. Lease returns/CPO's.
I'm either going to do silver or white.
I have a 2009 CPO Silver/Grey SWB w/ML Stereo. No need for AWD in Flrida.

If shopping again I would not get Grey interior, probably get black as it stays clean longer.
If available I'd try to find Semi-Amiline leather upgrade
Must have Mark Levinson stereo
Originally I was not sure of Silver but now that I own it that's the color I prefer
I'd love to have Dynamic Cruise control like I had on my Avalon. I could not find this option on used LS460s
I'd look at LS600's as they come with everything.
I would want either CPO or car still under factory 4yr/50k warranty so o could buy Lexus Extended Platinum warranty.

JR
Old 03-01-13, 10:46 AM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I only put a stroller in the trunk most times, so I don't mind the lack of space. Everything else sits just fine in the cargo net.

I wouldn't change a thing if I had to purchase it again except MY10+ for bluetooth streaming. I love everything that I have and don't have anything that I would get rid of.

Nav, Mark Levinson, Radar, Air Suspension, LWB, Rear climate
Old 03-01-13, 11:56 AM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lbintab
I think an option I'd look for is the radar cruise control. if it's an 07-09 I'd stay away from the rear seat climate control. it'll take away almost half the trunk for the ac and heater system. I'd look for factory air. Oh and make sure you have mark levinson sound and nav.
Everything Elvin said except the factory air. It depends if you going to modify it. I prefer the LWB without the air as I would put after market air suspension.
Old 03-01-13, 12:06 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Ls460L, air ride, mark lev, executive, radar cruise, self-park, and I wouldn't mod it...

But If I were to mod,( like i'm doing now), i got the base without all the bells and whistles...just the nav, and blk/blk color combo. This way, no worries about modding suspension.(no codes throen off like with air), less systems to fail, audio is easier to upgrade with only 10 speakers instead if 19,at leadt I think so lol), and so on.

But, I already have my dream DD,( which is not DD now), that is probably the one car I love more than my LS.
Old 03-01-13, 12:45 PM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by broken_tsi
I only put a stroller in the trunk most times, so I don't mind the lack of space. Everything else sits just fine in the cargo net.

I wouldn't change a thing if I had to purchase it again except MY10+ for bluetooth streaming. I love everything that I have and don't have anything that I would get rid of.

Nav, Mark Levinson, Radar, Air Suspension, LWB, Rear climate

Haha, I cringed when I got to the end of your signature . I didn't expect to see a DSM. I've had 1Gs, a 2G and a GVR4.
Old 03-01-13, 05:11 PM
aypues
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by williakz
Still the case on the new 2013s, I believe. My calculations show around 30% loss of trunk space for rear HVAC (Ultra Lux Package). Was it even worse on the 07-09 models?
No, it's only a 14% reduction in trunk space for MY 07-present. 18cu ft without and 15.5 with rear A/C.

04-06 models were 20.2 without and 17.5 with. Those had the really spacious trunks.
Old 03-01-13, 07:45 PM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PRSUIT460
Haha, I cringed when I got to the end of your signature . I didn't expect to see a DSM. I've had 1Gs, a 2G and a GVR4.
I love them! I'm going to try to do this one right, after the LS of course.
Old 03-01-13, 08:50 PM
williakz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by aypues
No, it's only a 14% reduction in trunk space for MY 07-present. 18cu ft without and 15.5 with rear A/C.
I guess I was thinking LS vs LSh which is 18 to 13 (27.7% reduction). My mistake.

Quick Reply: Questions on LS460's...if you had to buy the car again.