LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

update and a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-13, 05:13 PM
LexLuki
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default update and a few questions

hey guys a lil update here ive had my 2007 lex ls460 for about a month now and well, im in love with it! its a beast! the fuel economy isnt that great but for all that power i cant complain, im getting about 11 mpg city and that with light driving. highway well thats another story get 25 and up was crusing on long island exp and ive gotten 30 mpg idk if thats possible but thats what it said. Now for the questions i need to change my rotors because i get a vibration comming from the front when i brake i did and alligmant and balanced the wheels. i just need some pointers how do i know if my car is touring package? from what i heard there is a big difference in brake calipers and rotor size. does anyone know where i can get some nice resonably priced rotors? my other worry is about the steering i did the allingmant but a lot of the times when im in traffic or waiting on the lights i let go of the brake my steering wheel turns a bit to the right or left, its rare but its been bothering me a bit. Is there some sort of power steering assist that the mechanic needs to reset? please help im quite brand new to this and id love some pointers. thanks for reading and thank you in advance for the replys.
Old 02-21-13, 06:38 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I get 17 city 25 plus on the freeway
Old 02-21-13, 07:42 PM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I just sounds like you need your front brakes looked at by someone knowledgable.

The LS disks have lots of meat on them and an be turned many times and still be within specs to eliminate shudder when braking.

The fact that when releasing the brakes the wheel turns left or right is indicative of a sticking or slow to release caliper.

Why don't you call local Lexus dealer and get a quote from them. As an alternate a Toyota dealer might be less expensive.

JR
Old 02-21-13, 08:06 PM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I prefer OEM rotors over aftermarket.
Old 02-22-13, 11:46 AM
RandyV
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by LexLuki
hey guys a lil update here ive had my 2007 lex ls460 for about a month now and well, im in love with it! its a beast! the fuel economy isnt that great but for all that power i cant complain, im getting about 11 mpg city and that with light driving. highway well thats another story get 25 and up was crusing on long island exp and ive gotten 30 mpg idk if thats possible but thats what it said. Now for the questions i need to change my rotors because i get a vibration comming from the front when i brake i did and alligmant and balanced the wheels. i just need some pointers how do i know if my car is touring package? from what i heard there is a big difference in brake calipers and rotor size. does anyone know where i can get some nice resonably priced rotors? my other worry is about the steering i did the allingmant but a lot of the times when im in traffic or waiting on the lights i let go of the brake my steering wheel turns a bit to the right or left, its rare but its been bothering me a bit. Is there some sort of power steering assist that the mechanic needs to reset? please help im quite brand new to this and id love some pointers. thanks for reading and thank you in advance for the replys.
My only suggestion is to perhaps consider breaking your posts into paragraphs so it is easier for us to read and respond to them.

Thanks.
Old 02-22-13, 05:48 PM
williakz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYCT
The LS disks have lots of meat on them and an be turned many times and still be within specs to eliminate shudder when braking.
Not my experience. My brakes were crap when I bought my CPO 2007 LS with 18k miles. Rotors were warped. Turned once, warped again immediately. Replaced all four rotors. Still shuddering during braking at high speed. Brake pads replaced all around, front rotors replaced. Traded in before new brakes/rotors broken in. My 2013 LS is as smooth as butter as have been all my other Lexi. FWIW, my Lex service guy says LS factory rotors have been shyte in recent years. Thin, warpy, and will not hold a truing. YMMV.