LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Pic of your LS- RIGHT NOW!

Old 01-24-17, 07:14 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,499 Likes on 1,802 Posts

Originally Posted by Junglequac
Good eye. Part of me wish you hadn't noticed it, but both the "Lexus" and "LS 460" are noticeably higher than standard. I will call them tomorrow. Hopefully the adhesive from when they originally put the new ones on will not leave a mark,
Easily fixed, not to worry.
The following users liked this post:
Junglequac (01-24-17)
Old 01-26-17, 07:08 PM
teedub21
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

She's getting dinner.
Old 01-30-17, 07:44 PM
XpediencY
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 02-01-17, 09:43 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by comotiger
Looks great, Crowe! What, no end spot? Have you forgotten about parking strategies
Hey buddy, thanks so much for the compliment!
Funny because when I took it, I knew someone here would point it out!
Truth of it is, I don't get to work early enough to get that end spot, so I have to make due with what's available.
I swear I try to park out and away, but when I come out for lunch, its like my car has a "park next to me" sign on it!
I honestly wouldn't care too much, however, if one were to take a casual stroll through my parking lot and observe the sides of many of the vehicles, you'd understand exactly why, even in a 10 year old vehicle, I try my absolute best to park away!

Last edited by CRowe14; 02-01-17 at 10:16 AM.
Old 02-01-17, 09:56 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Yeah, I am still living in fear of dings, even 11 months after buying this car. I don't think I will get over that for at least a few more years. I wonder whether the surround view camera system in the latest vehicles can be left on in parked cars, and maybe record what happens when the owner is not around. Who knows, one of the modding companies will come up with a product that does this. Could be useful for identifying the "dinging" party. I know there are aftermarket products that can do this already, but it would be cool to hijack the OEM system to do this.
Old 02-13-17, 02:22 AM
VanCityLS4
Lead Lap

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

First post in these sub forums. Pulled the trigger and picked up this low mile 2011 Sport. My third LS.

Old 02-13-17, 05:51 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Default This Saturday Night at midnight...

Looking Good AND SOUNDING GOOD. Get a lot of attention at the pumps these days!
Representin' CL.
Old 02-13-17, 06:36 AM
Junglequac
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by VanCityLS4
First post in these sub forums. Pulled the trigger and picked up this low mile 2011 Sport. My third LS.

That is an awesome LS and is honestly in my mind the perfect LS for my needs. You get BT Audio, Brembos, very nice OEM wheels, the IS-F transmission with paddle shifters, sport suspension (probably just the European tuning for the LS), and I truly prefer the pre 2013 grill and it being SWB.

As the Obsidian Black is starting to drive me into a swirl marked madness, I am seriously considering selling mine for the truly somewhat elusive Sport model. Especially as I got an awesome deal on mine and with the service history being flawless and the brake actuator just being replaced along with the rather large dent the PO managed to do backing into a mailbox so I should at worst break even and truly should net a couple grand.

While I will no doubt have to spend at least another $7-$10,000 to step up to the Sport, but I really do want one. Betting replacing the Brembos is going to be way more expensive than the standard brakes, but can only imagine the difference in stopping power.

Originally Posted by Oliver Enterprises
Representin' CL.
That color looks great. Man is that slammed. Mighty slick LS you got there sir.
Old 02-13-17, 07:05 AM
satiger
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Wow man - you have the best color in my opinion !!!!!.

This ( Smokey Granite Mica) was my first choice followed by black when I was looking for LS. Located one in CA but they (dealer) gave me hard time selling that car to me !!!!. They wanted to me fly over there to buy that car. Long story short, ended up with black from FL. My next will be similar tone of Smokey Granite Mica.

Representin' CL.

Last edited by satiger; 02-13-17 at 09:00 AM.
Old 02-13-17, 08:20 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Junglequac
That color looks great. Man is that slammed. Mighty slick LS you got there sir.
Thanks Jungle and Satiger - When I pulled into the gas station, I put it on Low. Then gassed it up. At that particular gas station they have the best coffee. So I go in and spend some time formulating a big ole cup of coffee. Way mo' bettuh than Starbutts, and only $1.79 with tax. Why in the heck would I support Starbutts lib-tards? Anywho. Thanks.

I came back out, and there were some dudes checking it out. After talking to them a while I thought it looked nice under the lights, so I snapped that with my new smart phone.

Jason

Last edited by Oliver Enterprises; 02-13-17 at 12:00 PM.
Old 02-13-17, 09:29 AM
Junglequac
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

I know RaceTrac well. Kinda partial to QuikTrip, but that is mostly for fountain drinks... That said, neither are up here at least in Knoxville which is ruled by Pilot and a smaller company Weigels. For gasoline, I use either Shell or Exxon/Mobil.
Old 02-13-17, 09:32 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Representin' CL.
THis LS is awesome!!
I honestly was not a huge fan of the 10-13 grille/fog lights, but this looks amazing Jason! Great shine, really nice wheels an for an OEM look, it looks pretty damn good slammed! That color too...just beautiful! Great pic!
Old 02-13-17, 11:20 AM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Beautiful color and chrome wheels just absolute stunning lowered or not. Shiny and glossy.
Old 02-13-17, 11:57 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by CRowe14
THis LS is awesome!!
I honestly was not a huge fan of the 10-13 grille/fog lights, but this looks amazing Jason! Great shine, really nice wheels an for an OEM look, it looks pretty damn good slammed! That color too...just beautiful! Great pic!
Thanks CRowe14 and Dlbuckls10 - I don't know if that is as low as the controller will take it. I just got the ASC and haven't played with it a whole lot. There are some things I want to do with the ASC, but haven't yet. I only "slam it down" for effect here and there. But I do ride with it lower than stock. Somewhere about where the top of tires are even with the fenders. I am just running Larry's (who I bought it from) settings.

I do love the 19 chrome wheels. The chrome of the wheels matches with the door lower garnish, door handles, window trim, grill and headlight innards. It gives the car a lot of bling. It's tasteful bling though, not over the top. At my new employer, a lady came up to me and said, "I've been wondering who was it that drives the "undercover car."" She calls it that because the windows are blacked out. Especially the rear with the shades are up.

I don't think I'm going to add anything else to the car. It has a very "clean" appearance, with no extra doodads, and even OEM wheels. I had to get an ASC after hanging out a bit with Tee, CJITTY, PrinceAkim and Larry at Caffeine and Octane. My car had a 4X4 jacked up look while parked next to theirs.

Lastly, the car just turned over 30k miles, and has just about every option, except the Executive rear seat.

Jason
Old 02-13-17, 01:26 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks CRowe14 and Dlbuckls10 - I don't know if that is as low as the controller will take it. I just got the ASC and haven't played with it a whole lot. There are some things I want to do with the ASC, but haven't yet. I only "slam it down" for effect here and there. But I do ride with it lower than stock. Somewhere about where the top of tires are even with the fenders. I am just running Larry's (who I bought it from) settings.

I do love the 19 chrome wheels. The chrome of the wheels matches with the door lower garnish, door handles, window trim, grill and headlight innards. It gives the car a lot of bling. It's tasteful bling though, not over the top. At my new employer, a lady came up to me and said, "I've been wondering who was it that drives the "undercover car."" She calls it that because the windows are blacked out. Especially the rear with the shades are up.

I don't think I'm going to add anything else to the car. It has a very "clean" appearance, with no extra doodads, and even OEM wheels. I had to get an ASC after hanging out a bit with Tee, CJITTY, PrinceAkim and Larry at Caffeine and Octane. My car had a 4X4 jacked up look while parked next to theirs.

Lastly, the car just turned over 30k miles, and has just about every option, except the Executive rear seat.

Jason
Agree with everything you said above-your car is very clean and presents incredibly well to be nearly stock. I bet it sounds pretty nice too.
Lastly, I wouldn't hang with any of those guys, as they are bad news and can potentially give an LS owner "LS envy" LOL!!

Last edited by CRowe14; 02-13-17 at 01:53 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pic of your LS- RIGHT NOW!