LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2008 LS460L Want New Rims/Tires and Suspension upgrades. Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-12, 08:30 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
FL and AZ people never complain lol
"Cough" yeah right "cough" lol

I bent a 22in wheel from luck, but i ran 22"s for well over a year with no issues. My car will be back on 22"s soon though. 21"s are a very good option, and I would snag up Brian's set if you can Also, usually when you talk to a wheel vendor they will give you recomended specs for your car. All depends on budget and peice of mind. Would definitely go 20+ though, just have your stockers on backup
Old 12-05-12, 02:46 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric Mimms
CJ thanks for the info. I think I am going to go with the 20 inch Vossen CV7. I will probably do coil overs.
I think thats a good move for what you are trying to do. Here is a pic of 20 cv7s on a big body benz. Very classy and the wheels look really good imo

Last edited by CJITTY; 12-05-12 at 02:56 AM.
Old 12-05-12, 02:58 AM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by adamls2
"Cough" yeah right "cough" lol

I bent a 22in wheel from luck, but i ran 22"s for well over a year with no issues. My car will be back on 22"s soon though. 21"s are a very good option, and I would snag up Brian's set if you can Also, usually when you talk to a wheel vendor they will give you recomended specs for your car. All depends on budget and peice of mind. Would definitely go 20+ though, just have your stockers on backup
Didnt you run over a dog house full of cement blocks or something?
Old 12-05-12, 03:04 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Didnt you run over a dog house full of cement blocks or something?
Teehee

I think some cv-7's on coils would look nice though!
Old 12-05-12, 05:59 AM
Eric Mimms
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Order some CV-7s yesterday and got my windows tinted. Wheels and tires should be on by mid next week. Rims are coming from Florida so they said it will take 5 days. Pictures to follow.
Old 12-05-12, 06:00 AM
Eric Mimms
Driver School Candidate

Now will need some coilovers or springs. Not adverse to putting a whole air suspension set up on tough. Any suggestions?
Old 12-05-12, 11:17 AM
CJITTY

If you can afford it, I would go air suspension. You get the best of everything. Flexibility, adjustable ride comfort with the right setup and just pimp factor for sure. But if air susp is out of the budget talks and will result in a fiscal cliff..lol, I would look at the coilover route. The Tanabe springs will cause you some inner tire wear if you drive a lot and cannot be adjusted..the coilovers have dampening and height adjustability but it can be a chore to adjust from what I hear..but, at least you can raise and lower the car. Now that I have an LS with OEM air susp, having the controller for the oem system is all I need for what I'm going for...in fact, one of the main reasons I sold my 460 for my 600 is to get air suspension..not to mention less woodgrain on the front and rear armrest consoles since there are so many more buttons than my 460 had haha.
Old 12-05-12, 02:55 PM
BPVIP
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

So Far I love my BC racing coilovers 30 way dampening and I'm SLAMMED!!! tucking tire front and rear and ride is great at med setting! I can even go softer if I want get it closer to stock ride. Price is right to under $1100!

FYI I went 1step stiffer in the rear spring rates and also went with the shorter rear shock body to sit lower. Only thing I wish they had was camber plates.
Old 12-05-12, 05:22 PM
Eric Mimms
Driver School Candidate

If you can afford it, I would go air suspension. You get the best of everything. Flexibility, adjustable ride comfort with the right setup and just pimp factor for sure. But if air susp is out of the budget talks and will result in a fiscal cliff..lol, I would look at the coilover route. The Tanabe springs will cause you some inner tire wear if you drive a lot and cannot be adjusted..the coilovers have dampening and height adjustability but it can be a chore to adjust from what I hear..but, at least you can raise and lower the car. Now that I have an LS with OEM air susp, having the controller for the oem system is all I need for what I'm going for...in fact, one of the main reasons I sold my 460 for my 600 is to get air suspension..not to mention less woodgrain on the front and rear armrest consoles since there are so many more buttons than my 460 had haha.
CJ that is kinda of which way I am heading. What are some good systems? I went to the dealership to drop off my IS250 to get the engine rebuilt under a recall job and I asked my sells rep about putting the air ride system in my car and he said he wouldnt recomend it. He also said he wasnt sure if they could which I thought was kind of strange because If it was a option I thought it would be pretty much plug and play. Your opinion?
Old 12-05-12, 06:49 PM
Eric Mimms
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BPVIP
So Far I love my BC racing coilovers 30 way dampening and I'm SLAMMED!!! tucking tire front and rear and ride is great at med setting! I can even go softer if I want get it closer to stock ride. Price is right to under $1100!

FYI I went 1step stiffer in the rear spring rates and also went with the shorter rear shock body to sit lower. Only thing I wish they had was camber plates.
BP car and wheels look great. So does it ride pretty close to stock as far as the comfort? Where did you order your Coilovers from? What model numbers?
Old 12-05-12, 06:50 PM
Eric Mimms
Driver School Candidate

Default Stock stereo unlock

Having my stock system and DVD player unlocked tomorrow and getting the iPhone/IPOD interface.
Old 12-05-12, 07:15 PM
BPVIP
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric Mimms
BP car and wheels look great. So does it ride pretty close to stock as far as the comfort? Where did you order your Coilovers from? What model numbers?

Oh and thanks I'm another quarter in lower as of yesterday =) Will post up some pics later guys.

Here is where I ordered my coilovers from http://www.enjukuracing.com/ you can ask for Andrew Kublin he's the one who I bought them from GREAT service! and just make sure you let him know about the spring rates and shorter shock bodies if you want to change them like I did, they might have to re-do the shocks depending on the spring rate you go with.
Old 12-08-12, 10:58 AM
Eric Mimms
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BPVIP
Oh and thanks I'm another quarter in lower as of yesterday =) Will post up some pics later guys.

Here is where I ordered my coilovers from http://www.enjukuracing.com/ you can ask for Andrew Kublin he's the one who I bought them from GREAT service! and just make sure you let him know about the spring rates and shorter shock bodies if you want to change them like I did, they might have to re-do the shocks depending on the spring rate you go with.
BP just curious... Everywhere I go online it seems they don't have coil overs for the LS 460. Is that because the other models fit or do you have to call and specifically ask for them?
Old 12-08-12, 02:02 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

google megan or bc coils for ls460 it should pop up even ebay have a few megans get the lp with the 30+ adjustments.
Old 12-13-12, 03:24 PM
Eric Mimms
Driver School Candidate

Just got my 20" Vossen CV7's put on today. Boy what a difference in the ride. I really love the look of 22's but can not give up that much ride comfort. It was killing me every time I drove and had that much vibration. I also ordered the BC coil overs today. They won't be here until first part of January which is fine with me because I am heading down to Texas and New Orleans to visit family for the holidays. Will post pictures once I get the coil overs installed!

Quick Reply: 2008 LS460L Want New Rims/Tires and Suspension upgrades. Recommendations?