LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Datasystem lowering module issue. Getting ready to yank this thing out.

Old 11-13-12, 04:09 PM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Datasystem lowering module issue. Getting ready to yank this thing out.

Hello CL crew. I'd loved my Datasystem up until about 3 weeks ago. The issue Im having is that the car all of the sudden started raising the right front higher than the other side on its own. Even though the module is set to be 1 notch lower on that side than the left side since it made the car even on both side. But now it raises the right side beyond the stock high even though its set at 5. I've disconnected the battery to see if it'll reset and nothing. Also tried super low mode on that side that the only way it'll get to a high of what a 4 supposed to be but after a while, it'll lower itself to superlow, then raise right back to a 4 height. Im thinking of disconnecting it and seeing if the computer will completely reset but wanted some input first. Might there be something going on with the loweing module or could it be the OEM computer. Any advice is helpful. Thanks
Old 11-13-12, 04:58 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by 305Busa
Hello CL crew. I'd loved my Datasystem up until about 3 weeks ago. The issue Im having is that the car all of the sudden started raising the right front higher than the other side on its own. Even though the module is set to be 1 notch lower on that side than the left side since it made the car even on both side. But now it raises the right side beyond the stock high even though its set at 5. I've disconnected the battery to see if it'll reset and nothing. Also tried super low mode on that side that the only way it'll get to a high of what a 4 supposed to be but after a while, it'll lower itself to superlow, then raise right back to a 4 height. Im thinking of disconnecting it and seeing if the computer will completely reset but wanted some input first. Might there be something going on with the loweing module or could it be the OEM computer. Any advice is helpful. Thanks
Crap..that sux! You got me worried about mine now. I would take it out after setting it to all 0's...takes about 20 mins or so to remove the module and see what happens..if it still acts up, has to susp ecu..what about putting it at height high and drive around for a while.. I do that occassionaly if the car is not 100% even..seems to reset things..good luck bro
Old 11-13-12, 05:58 PM
305Busa
Instructor

I havent tried the height high thing but its worth trying. When you drive yours like that, where do you set the module?
Old 11-14-12, 07:55 AM
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

everytime i've had to have my car on a lift, the car will end up in a higher than stock height when put back to the ground. what i've done to resolve this is basically set the height to "A" (highest) and then "Super Low" (lowest) and then back to whatever desired ride height you want.

Takes a minute or so, but does the trick.
Old 11-14-12, 10:50 AM
CJITTY

I havent tried the height high thing but its worth trying. When you drive yours like that, where do you set the module?
Just to be on the safe side, put the module to all zeros.. let that stabilize and then start driving for a minute or so. Stop and select height high and drive around. Find a level surface and then put the car to all 3s or 4s with the controller and see what happens. I daily drive on 2 front 1 rear. On the highway or long distances I set it to 1 or 2 all around. At meets I set to 8 front and 6 rear..seems the most even for my AWD setup.
Old 11-14-12, 10:53 AM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by brianlin87
everytime i've had to have my car on a lift, the car will end up in a higher than stock height when put back to the ground. what i've done to resolve this is basically set the height to "A" (highest) and then "Super Low" (lowest) and then back to whatever desired ride height you want.

Takes a minute or so, but does the trick.
Concur.. seems like the controller likes to get a fresh baseline from time to time to even out
Old 11-14-12, 11:04 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

also try not to lift up the car when it is running
Old 11-14-12, 12:22 PM
305Busa
Instructor

Thanks for the responses. I'll try those things and get back with the results.

I've never raised or lowered it while moving. If I feel its too low, I'll stop and change the setting. Its a habit since i thought that at first it wouldnt raise or lower while moving.
Old 11-14-12, 12:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

Thanks for the responses. I'll try those things and get back with the results.

I've never raised or lowered it while moving. If I feel its too low, I'll stop and change the setting. Its a habit since i thought that at first it wouldnt raise or lower while moving.
adjusting when driving is fine. i was talking about don't let the car running and jack up the car and change wheels, etc... quite a few customers of mine have seen that problem
Old 11-16-12, 05:14 PM
305Busa
Instructor

Originally Posted by rominl
adjusting when driving is fine. i was talking about don't let the car running and jack up the car and change wheels, etc... quite a few customers of mine have seen that problem
Oh ok, got you. Havent done that either.

Here's an update. Raised the car to its max and drove it like that for about 30 min, then got home and dropped it to SL mode and let it sit like that for about 10 min while at idle. Then let it raise it self to 4 and it seemed to have stabilized. Drove it like that for about 30 more minutes and then came back home. Seems to be ok for now. I'll drive it again in the morning for a few more miles and see where its as. Thanks to you all for your advise.
Old 11-16-12, 10:19 PM
CJITTY

Awesome!! I treat the height high like a reset button lol
Old 11-17-12, 12:02 PM
305Busa
Instructor

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Awesome!! I treat the height high like a reset button lol
I see that now. I have to keep that in mind. I watched it while I was driving and it would just go up and down on all corners but I left it alone. By the time I got home, it was done. I took it out again today for a 45 min ride and it stayed the way it is. No self adjusting.
Old 11-17-12, 04:00 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

glad things seem better. This kind of stuff can get frustrating.
Old 11-28-12, 08:07 PM
yodanadane
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

FYI , The factory air suspension even without the controller, will raise and lower itself while driving , If your turn of the car before it has a chance to level itself the car can be lower on one side of the front vs the other side.
I had a issues when the car raised itself when i went over a speed bump to fast and it stayed high untill i set controller to normal, then used facotry high hieght button on center console, then lowered to desiered ride height and all was good.
Old 12-02-12, 07:31 AM
305Busa
Instructor

Originally Posted by yodanadane
FYI , The factory air suspension even without the controller, will raise and lower itself while driving , If your turn of the car before it has a chance to level itself the car can be lower on one side of the front vs the other side.
I had a issues when the car raised itself when i went over a speed bump to fast and it stayed high untill i set controller to normal, then used facotry high hieght button on center console, then lowered to desiered ride height and all was good.
Only had a similar thing happen one time but it fixed itself withing a couple of hours. Went thru a large puddle of water on one side and I felt the car raising shortly after. Pulled over and checked it and it was really high. By the time I returned home, it was at normal height. But this issue had been going on for a lot longer and was starting to worry me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Datasystem lowering module issue. Getting ready to yank this thing out.