Datasystem lowering module issue. Getting ready to yank this thing out. - Club Lexus Forums


Datasystem lowering module issue. Getting ready to yank this thing out.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-13-12, 05:09 PM   #1
305Busa
Lexus Test Driver
Thread Starter
 
305Busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 953
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Datasystem lowering module issue. Getting ready to yank this thing out.

Hello CL crew. I'd loved my Datasystem up until about 3 weeks ago. The issue Im having is that the car all of the sudden started raising the right front higher than the other side on its own. Even though the module is set to be 1 notch lower on that side than the left side since it made the car even on both side. But now it raises the right side beyond the stock high even though its set at 5. I've disconnected the battery to see if it'll reset and nothing. Also tried super low mode on that side that the only way it'll get to a high of what a 4 supposed to be but after a while, it'll lower itself to superlow, then raise right back to a 4 height. Im thinking of disconnecting it and seeing if the computer will completely reset but wanted some input first. Might there be something going on with the loweing module or could it be the OEM computer. Any advice is helpful. Thanks
305Busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-12, 05:58 PM   #2
CJITTY
Moderator
 
CJITTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The South
Posts: 4,609
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305Busa View Post
Hello CL crew. I'd loved my Datasystem up until about 3 weeks ago. The issue Im having is that the car all of the sudden started raising the right front higher than the other side on its own. Even though the module is set to be 1 notch lower on that side than the left side since it made the car even on both side. But now it raises the right side beyond the stock high even though its set at 5. I've disconnected the battery to see if it'll reset and nothing. Also tried super low mode on that side that the only way it'll get to a high of what a 4 supposed to be but after a while, it'll lower itself to superlow, then raise right back to a 4 height. Im thinking of disconnecting it and seeing if the computer will completely reset but wanted some input first. Might there be something going on with the loweing module or could it be the OEM computer. Any advice is helpful. Thanks
Crap..that sux! You got me worried about mine now. I would take it out after setting it to all 0's...takes about 20 mins or so to remove the module and see what happens..if it still acts up, has to susp ecu..what about putting it at height high and drive around for a while.. I do that occassionaly if the car is not 100% even..seems to reset things..good luck bro
CJITTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-12, 06:58 PM   #3
305Busa
Lexus Test Driver
Thread Starter
 
305Busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 953
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I havent tried the height high thing but its worth trying. When you drive yours like that, where do you set the module?
305Busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-12, 08:55 AM   #4
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob
iTrader: (11)
 
brianlin87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 1,698
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

everytime i've had to have my car on a lift, the car will end up in a higher than stock height when put back to the ground. what i've done to resolve this is basically set the height to "A" (highest) and then "Super Low" (lowest) and then back to whatever desired ride height you want.

Takes a minute or so, but does the trick.
brianlin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-12, 11:50 AM   #5
CJITTY
Moderator
 
CJITTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The South
Posts: 4,609
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305Busa View Post
I havent tried the height high thing but its worth trying. When you drive yours like that, where do you set the module?
Just to be on the safe side, put the module to all zeros.. let that stabilize and then start driving for a minute or so. Stop and select height high and drive around. Find a level surface and then put the car to all 3s or 4s with the controller and see what happens. I daily drive on 2 front 1 rear. On the highway or long distances I set it to 1 or 2 all around. At meets I set to 8 front and 6 rear..seems the most even for my AWD setup.
CJITTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-12, 11:53 AM   #6
CJITTY
Moderator
 
CJITTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The South
Posts: 4,609
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianlin87 View Post
everytime i've had to have my car on a lift, the car will end up in a higher than stock height when put back to the ground. what i've done to resolve this is basically set the height to "A" (highest) and then "Super Low" (lowest) and then back to whatever desired ride height you want.

Takes a minute or so, but does the trick.
Concur.. seems like the controller likes to get a fresh baseline from time to time to even out
CJITTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-12, 12:04 PM   #7
rominl
exclusive matchup
iTrader: (4)
 
rominl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Lovely OC
Posts: 80,919
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

also try not to lift up the car when it is running
rominl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-12, 01:22 PM   #8
305Busa
Lexus Test Driver
Thread Starter
 
305Busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 953
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks for the responses. I'll try those things and get back with the results.

I've never raised or lowered it while moving. If I feel its too low, I'll stop and change the setting. Its a habit since i thought that at first it wouldnt raise or lower while moving.
305Busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-12, 01:49 PM   #9
rominl
exclusive matchup
iTrader: (4)
 
rominl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Lovely OC
Posts: 80,919
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305Busa View Post
Thanks for the responses. I'll try those things and get back with the results.

I've never raised or lowered it while moving. If I feel its too low, I'll stop and change the setting. Its a habit since i thought that at first it wouldnt raise or lower while moving.
adjusting when driving is fine. i was talking about don't let the car running and jack up the car and change wheels, etc... quite a few customers of mine have seen that problem
rominl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 06:14 PM   #10
305Busa
Lexus Test Driver
Thread Starter
 
305Busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 953
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominl View Post
adjusting when driving is fine. i was talking about don't let the car running and jack up the car and change wheels, etc... quite a few customers of mine have seen that problem
Oh ok, got you. Havent done that either.

Here's an update. Raised the car to its max and drove it like that for about 30 min, then got home and dropped it to SL mode and let it sit like that for about 10 min while at idle. Then let it raise it self to 4 and it seemed to have stabilized. Drove it like that for about 30 more minutes and then came back home. Seems to be ok for now. I'll drive it again in the morning for a few more miles and see where its as. Thanks to you all for your advise.
305Busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 11:19 PM   #11
CJITTY
Moderator
 
CJITTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The South
Posts: 4,609
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Awesome!! I treat the height high like a reset button lol
CJITTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-12, 01:02 PM   #12
305Busa
Lexus Test Driver
Thread Starter
 
305Busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 953
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJITTY View Post
Awesome!! I treat the height high like a reset button lol
I see that now. I have to keep that in mind. I watched it while I was driving and it would just go up and down on all corners but I left it alone. By the time I got home, it was done. I took it out again today for a 45 min ride and it stayed the way it is. No self adjusting.
305Busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-12, 05:00 PM   #13
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic
 
I8ABMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Waiting for next track day
Posts: 22,382
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

glad things seem better. This kind of stuff can get frustrating.
I8ABMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-12, 09:07 PM   #14
yodanadane
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SD CALI
Posts: 96
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

FYI , The factory air suspension even without the controller, will raise and lower itself while driving , If your turn of the car before it has a chance to level itself the car can be lower on one side of the front vs the other side.
I had a issues when the car raised itself when i went over a speed bump to fast and it stayed high untill i set controller to normal, then used facotry high hieght button on center console, then lowered to desiered ride height and all was good.
yodanadane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-12, 08:31 AM   #15
305Busa
Lexus Test Driver
Thread Starter
 
305Busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 953
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodanadane View Post
FYI , The factory air suspension even without the controller, will raise and lower itself while driving , If your turn of the car before it has a chance to level itself the car can be lower on one side of the front vs the other side.
I had a issues when the car raised itself when i went over a speed bump to fast and it stayed high untill i set controller to normal, then used facotry high hieght button on center console, then lowered to desiered ride height and all was good.
Only had a similar thing happen one time but it fixed itself withing a couple of hours. Went thru a large puddle of water on one side and I felt the car raising shortly after. Pulled over and checked it and it was really high. By the time I returned home, it was at normal height. But this issue had been going on for a lot longer and was starting to worry me.
305Busa is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Factory Air Suspension 101: Share your A/S knowledge here CJITTY LS - 4th Gen (2007-present) 95 04-22-14 08:11 PM
RX330 Air Suspension problem - solved HtownBlue RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) 14 05-01-11 10:21 PM
01 LS430 UL Rideheight issues HiloDB1 LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) 9 03-09-11 12:24 PM
Skipper Lowering Links vs. Data Systems Control Module brianlin87 LS - 4th Gen (2007-present) 11 12-01-10 10:03 PM
more datasystems controller issues, any else dealt with this? sojah LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) 15 07-08-10 02:07 PM


Tags
2010, 2013, 460, data, datasystem, datasystems, ecu, install, lowering, ls, ls460, module, prices, reset, system, systems

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:26 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved