LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

New Dei (aka Viper brands) remote start add on!!

Old 08-29-12, 09:49 AM
linus73
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=adamls2;7453034]I really want to do this now, but I sorta got confused LOL. So, the DBALL just adds the remote start from the OEM fob, and adding the smart start disables that feature? I personally just want the added remote start from the OEM fob. Also, is it confirmed to have a way to keep the car on even after opening the door? I know it is a dangerous thing, but If I were to use it it would be in a safe distance from the car + if you can turn the car off from the, why not?

To turn the car off from the key is it 3 presses of the lock button, or something else? Pretty awesome mod![/QUOT

when installing a remote start in a vehicle and having the car stay running when a door is opened depends on the car and year, its not a security risk reason why you cant have the car stay running! the companys that make the bypasses have successfully been able to have a car stay running while a door is opened, just like my 08 is 250, it is 100% safe and a thief will not be able to drive away unless he has a remote control to the remote start or a keyfob.
Old 08-29-12, 01:18 PM
G-SharK
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by adamls2
I really want to do this now, but I sorta got confused LOL. So, the DBALL just adds the remote start from the OEM fob, and adding the smart start disables that feature? I personally just want the added remote start from the OEM fob. Also, is it confirmed to have a way to keep the car on even after opening the door? I know it is a dangerous thing, but If I were to use it it would be in a safe distance from the car + if you can turn the car off from the, why not?

To turn the car off from the key is it 3 presses of the lock button, or something else? Pretty awesome mod!
I have an 07' and everything is factory including the fob key, alarm, etc. All I did was purchase the dball module with it already flash for my vehicle firmware (TL3). Install the dball and program the it to the car. Hit the lock button once, twice, and on the third time hold it until the car beep (takes a second or two, just like when you are locking it) then release the button and the car will start on its own. My car will run until I either hit the unlock button with the fob key or when I open the car door.

I do not have Smart Start... Just Lexus FOB Key

The module does come with a shut down feature (once remote started, engine will run for 1-5 mins and then shut off) if key is not detected, which I had disable.

Its nice during the summers for me b/c TX summers are HOT! I leave the AC running when I shut the car down and can start the car from my office window and let it cool down before getting in. During the winters, I leave my seat warmer on so when I can remote start, my seat will be warm and ready for my drive in.

I am trying to find a way to bypass the engine shut down when opening the door. When I do come across one, I will ask myself do I want that? I start my car with the garage open ever morning and if they bypass works, I am leaving my car door open for theft...

There has to be a way to bypass that and have it where it detect the fob key when opening the door to keep the engine running. That would be a plus!
Old 08-29-12, 05:22 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by New to IS3
I have an 07' and everything is factory including the fob key, alarm, etc. All I did was purchase the dball module with it already flash for my vehicle firmware (TL3). Install the dball and program the it to the car. Hit the lock button once, twice, and on the third time hold it until the car beep (takes a second or two, just like when you are locking it) then release the button and the car will start on its own. My car will run until I either hit the unlock button with the fob key or when I open the car door.

I do not have Smart Start... Just Lexus FOB Key

The module does come with a shut down feature (once remote started, engine will run for 1-5 mins and then shut off) if key is not detected, which I had disable.

Its nice during the summers for me b/c TX summers are HOT! I leave the AC running when I shut the car down and can start the car from my office window and let it cool down before getting in. During the winters, I leave my seat warmer on so when I can remote start, my seat will be warm and ready for my drive in.

I am trying to find a way to bypass the engine shut down when opening the door. When I do come across one, I will ask myself do I want that? I start my car with the garage open ever morning and if they bypass works, I am leaving my car door open for theft...

There has to be a way to bypass that and have it where it detect the fob key when opening the door to keep the engine running. That would be a plus!
That sounds pretty good. So is the install just plug and play, or do you need wire up a few things? Also, if you don't mind could you share where you got yours from and how to make sure I get the right flash? There a few on eBay, but I'm not sure which one to get and how to make sure it's flashed correctly.
Old 08-29-12, 08:26 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by linus73
there is no takeover procedure for the 2012 ls models, which means the vehicle will shut down upon opening the door. as far as the smartstart is concerned same thing. i have an 08 IS 250 which i installed a viper 5902 and smartstart, i can just hit unlock after remote start and enter the vehicle and just drive away, i can also start the car with the cell phone and not even need to bring the keyfob when i am driving, once my car is started i just hit the unlock command on the phone and hop in and drive away while the keyfob stays in the house. of course if i loose my phone im screwed and ill need someone to bring the keyfob. but all in all i can just only use the phone if i wanted to and leave the fob at home. thanks smartstart. lol and there is no way anyone can steal the car while running, i use an idatalink bypass module which must see the unlock command from the viper unit to open a 45 second window which allows me to enter the vehicle and press the brake and drive away. if it does not see the unlock command from the viper unit and any door is opend , the car will shut down and alarm will full trigger..
actually if memory serves during the 45secs.. the car must see the oem fob or it will shut down... but it also depends on when the unit was installed.. the older firmwares did allow for takeover.the new ones will not allow it and it cannot be bypassed...but u also have a full fledged viper alarm.. not just the dball..

lastly the newest rsr firmware allows 15mins of runtime max..

Last edited by Shibumi1; 08-29-12 at 08:37 PM.
Old 08-30-12, 07:11 AM
G-SharK
Pole Position

That sounds pretty good. So is the install just plug and play, or do you need wire up a few things? Also, if you don't mind could you share where you got yours from and how to make sure I get the right flash? There a few on eBay, but I'm not sure which one to get and how to make sure it's flashed correctly.
The install is not plug in play.
From the Dball unit:
Tap 6 different wires
cut 1 wire (connect each end to two separate wires on the Dball)
Tap 2 wires to +12V power source
Tap 1 wire to Ground

About 10 wires total including tap and cut.

I purchase my module from an ebay seller: grandslamstereo and he flash the module with firmware: TL3 v1.09.04 for LS460 07-12 (you will have to let him know your vehicle info so he can flash it)

For the Texas peeps that are interested in this and do not know how to do the install, I can install for you. Install time about, an hour. Just hit me up.
Old 08-30-12, 11:01 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Alright, I just ordered mine. So will my local audio shop know how to install this? Me and wiring do not get along LOL.
Old 08-30-12, 06:40 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

Alright, I just ordered mine. So will my local audio shop know how to install this? Me and wiring do not get along LOL.

they should...just make sure they are an authorized DEI dealer.. ask plenty of questions til your sure they can handle the work.. if not send me ur zip and i'll ask my dei rep whom he deals with in your area

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android

Last edited by Shibumi1; 08-30-12 at 07:02 PM.
Old 08-30-12, 07:06 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

My zip code is 32210. Thanks for the help. Maybe I should finally make the drive down to Orlando since I'd trust you more hehe...
Old 08-30-12, 07:51 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Shibumi1
actually if memory serves during the 45secs.. the car must see the oem fob or it will shut down... but it also depends on when the unit was installed.. the older firmwares did allow for takeover.the new ones will not allow it and it cannot be bypassed...but u also have a full fledged viper alarm.. not just the dball..

lastly the newest rsr firmware allows 15mins of runtime max..
you might be mistaken! the car will not shut down at all when remote started and keyfob not detected after unlock! like i said before i can leave my keyfob at home and only use my phone via smartstart , once the car is started it will stay running without the keyfob . trust me, i know what im doing here, . im refering to an alarm w/remote start not just a bypass only and used as the remote start with 3 pulse..i agree if you use a bypass only as a remote start that there is no takeover, i have yet to see it happen even with an idatalink.but if with a full alarm and rs then yes takeover is possible.i have been installing since 1993. maby the crappy dei expresskit module is to blame, but i only use the idatalink because they never fail, work all the time and dont loose programming like expresskit does. ive had to repair so many other shops installs because they use those expresskits. maby if u are in chicago sometime or know someone in chicago you can stop by and ill prove to you that i dont need a keyfob whatsoever to start my car and drive away. it has nothing to do with the firmware, im not saying all cars will work like mine, but if its an 08 is then yes it will if you use the idatalink regardless of firmware. start using idatalink modules, takeover is possible on many vehicles but not all. i love viper products but when it comes to a bypass module there is nothing that comes closer to idatalink or will be better than it. w2w is always better than d2d because sometimes there is comunication issues and most definitely issues with takeover when in d2d, i know because i used to install always using d2d untill i figured out why some cars dont stay running when atemptemting the takeover after remote start. i usually install 3-6 remote starters w/alarms a day in the winter time and i never ever have had issues with installations, takeovers, or not even a single return because of the car doesnt start the first time in the cold mornings when i used an idatalink bypass, i love it when the other shops near me try to beat my prices, sometimes they do! but in the end i am the one who fixes all of the stupid mistakes that these hack shops do, the brain units are clearly visable under the dash, messy wiring with barely any tape and not even soldered, cheap bypass kits and most of the time a 2nd key under the dash because they dont know what they are doing. im so good at what i do that a few shops in my area send me the installs after they sell a unit because my installations are flawless, everything works as it should and i dont get any comebacks. i must be doing something right to have the best reviews for a shop like mine. now im not trying to promote myself or shop and im not even going to mention the shop name, once again takeover is possible on most of the cars, even 2012 and 2013 cars, you just need to use the right parts! everyone thinks oh viper is the best and and the expresskits are made by same co. so they must be the best too. yeh ok! prove me wrong.....oh and by the way if u use an idatalink bypass as the remote starter with the 3 lock pulses , you can program the module to keep the car running for up to 35 mins, not 15 like expresscrap

Last edited by linus73; 08-30-12 at 08:10 PM.
Old 08-31-12, 07:21 AM
G-SharK
Pole Position

If you only do the bypass module for factory fob key remote start. The engine will shut down after a door is opened or if you hit the unlock button. As of right now, there is no was around it.
Old 08-31-12, 09:08 AM
linus73
Lead Lap

If you only do the bypass module for factory fob key remote start. The engine will shut down after a door is opened or if you hit the unlock button. As of right now, there is no was around it.
which vehicle are u refering to? i wanna look it up. and yeh ive noticed that on most import cars it is like that, but on some chrysler,dodge, jepp and others, that if only the bypass is used as a remote start then there is a takeover procedure, just not all vehicles
Old 08-31-12, 11:56 AM
G-SharK
Pole Position

Originally Posted by linus73
which vehicle are u refering to? i wanna look it up. and yeh ive noticed that on most import cars it is like that, but on some chrysler,dodge, jepp and others, that if only the bypass is used as a remote start then there is a takeover procedure, just not all vehicles
See what you can find out for a 2007 LS460
Old 08-31-12, 12:27 PM
G-SharK
Pole Position

I think I have found a way to remote start and bypass the module to keep the car running even after the doors are open. I will need to test my theory first... wish me luck.

What I have is the module on factory fob key, NOT smart start
Old 08-31-12, 12:45 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

I think I have found a way to remote start and bypass the module to keep the car running even after the doors are open. I will need to test my theory first... wish me luck.

What I have is the module on factory fob key, NOT smart start

Very interested in this!!
Old 08-31-12, 05:02 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

See what you can find out for a 2007 LS460
even if you do a full blown alarm w/r start you will have the same issue of the engine turning off when the door is opened. however i believe i can bypass that but i will need to test my theroy. im sure if i wired a relay to bypass the door triggers when attempting to open the door and do the takeover it would work, but im talking about doing it with a full alarm with remotestart and hardwiring everything instaed of d2d, then it could work. it definitely cant be done when in d2d mode with only a bypass used as the remote start because the bypass is getting the door comunication via data/canbus, ill have to contact the guys who designed the idatalink modules and see why it cant be done and get some answers as why they have it shut the engine down, it may be a safety issue but il see what i can find out on monday or tomorrow if tech support is open, they are in canada.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Dei (aka Viper brands) remote start add on!!