LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Lexus Extended Warrantee

Old 06-25-12, 09:00 PM
Doubleg
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus Extended Warrantee

First of all, thanks to all of you that recommended the Lexus Platinum Extended Warrantee which I purchased about a year ago. Second, here is to the ones that are still thinking about getting it because some say the odds of you using it are slim to none. Well, mine paid off today as my 07 LS 460 amp took a dive this weekend and without the warrantee I would have been out 1900.00

Expensive AMP and a 10 day wait as it had to be ordered........... For those that don't know what a bad amp sounds like....... No volume control, no controls work, your mapping system does still work and you have the sound of a bird chirping coming out of your speakers. Drove me crazy till I got to the dealer so they could hear the bird too. Fuse out, wait 10 days and I let you know what happens next.
Old 06-26-12, 08:39 AM
iamcandyca
Rookie

wow! well congrats! i extended mine!
Old 06-26-12, 08:49 AM
mike171333
Rookie

I just bought with CPO..........assume the Platinum warranty overlaps CPO and redundant??? [Probably some items covered in one vs the other]
Mike
Old 06-26-12, 08:52 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Thats good it was covered!! There is a company that can fix those for about a third of.the price if you didn't have a warranty..there.is an active thread or two on that topic..good info for those without coverage
Old 06-26-12, 09:58 AM
Doubleg
Driver

What I have gathered and read, the 2007 LS 460 had a faulty amp which causes it to go out somewhere between the 30-40K range. This car is driven by my wife and the music is always at a normal to low volume, so its not that the "Boom, Boom" caused it to blow.

While at the dealer, I also took advantage of a hesitation on acceleration that I was feeling. They performed TSIB Recalibration TSIB TC009-07 (OP#TC7007). Feels better now....
Old 07-16-12, 09:44 AM
Carnut
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Doubleg
What I have gathered and read, the 2007 LS 460 had a faulty amp which causes it to go out somewhere between the 30-40K range. This car is driven by my wife and the music is always at a normal to low volume, so its not that the "Boom, Boom" caused it to blow.

While at the dealer, I also took advantage of a hesitation on acceleration that I was feeling. They performed TSIB Recalibration TSIB TC009-07 (OP#TC7007). Feels better now....
My 2009 LS-460 with 32,000 miles just had an amp failure. Luckily, it was under warranty. They ordered it and it was installed the next week. Funny thing about mine was NO AUDIO and the audio setting were frozen in the right rear section of the car. The next day, it came back on and stayed on, the settings were back working, but the dealership replaced it anyway. I was told, or read they are over $1,000. I'm planning to get the 4 year 75,000 mile Platinum Lexus Warranty for peace of mind. Lot's of gizmo's on a 460 to go wrong, and not cheap.
Old 07-16-12, 02:46 PM
Doubleg
Driver

Well, here is my update on my amp replacement by the dealer. After taking the car in the first time for the amp repair, I got a loaner which I later returned the next day because the service writer advised me that the amp would need to be ordered and it would take 10 days or so............so they put my car together and returned it to me. About 10 days later, I get a call...amp in............so, I made arrangements again to drop off the car, get a loaner and wait for the repair. Two days passed and I called the dealer asking about my car. The service writer stated the radio was doing the same crap and he thinks they got a faulty amp. This was last Tuesday. Today, I called to see what was happening. The service writer told me the amp was faulty and they had to order another unit....and that they were going to put my car back together again so I drop off the loaner......meanwhile, the amp gets delivered.................Haven't picked my car up yet, but this service sucks big time. They are more worried about their loaner and getting my car fixed. A nice nasty letter to Lexus is coming...........
Old 07-16-12, 02:47 PM
Doubleg
Driver

Default Amp Update

Well, here is my update on my amp replacement by the dealer. After taking the car in the first time for the amp repair, I got a loaner which I later returned the next day because the service writer advised me that the amp would need to be ordered and it would take 10 days or so............so they put my car together and returned it to me. About 10 days later, I get a call...amp in............so, I made arrangements again to drop off the car, get a loaner and wait for the repair. Two days passed and I called the dealer asking about my car. The service writer stated the radio was doing the same crap and he thinks they got a faulty amp. This was last Tuesday. Today, I called to see what was happening. The service writer told me the amp was faulty and they had to order another unit....and that they were going to put my car back together again so I drop off the loaner......meanwhile, the amp gets delivered.................Haven't picked my car up yet, but this service sucks big time. They are more worried about their loaner and getting my car fixed. A nice nasty letter to Lexus is coming...........
Old 07-16-12, 03:29 PM
Carnut
Pole Position

Sounds like to me, you need to change dealerships. Mine was ready the exact day they said it would be, they offer me a loaner car while they do a quick oil change in case I need to run an errand or two. Also, i shopped on-line today and found a Genuine Lexus Platinum Warranty, apples to apples to what my dealership offered me, for $1,000 less for a 4 year, 75,000 mile extension of my factory warranty which expires in latter November. Unless one is fairly wealthy, I'm not sure I could sleep at night not knowing I had a warranty on my car, FROM LEXUS. I'm talking $1,750.00 bucks and no tax since he's out of state. Would you not gamble that much for 4 years and an additional 40,000 miles plus on your LS-460 ? It covers EVERYTHING except normal wear and tear items, and trim pieces. It's the Lexus Platinum Policy.

If you are under warranty, go to a dealership that needs the warranty money. It all pays the same to them. You have a bad dealership, and this is the first "bad Lexus Dealership" I've ever heard of.

Good Luck my friend.
Old 07-16-12, 04:42 PM
Nospinzone

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

Well Doubleg, to be fair to the dealer, it wasn't their fault they were sent a faulty amp. And I do understand they wanting the loaner back since its a 10 day wait for a new amp. However, it would be a nice gesture on their part to do a free oil and filter change (or some similar credit) for your trouble of going back and forth.

Maybe you could drop a little hint to them............
Old 07-16-12, 05:05 PM
Carnut
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
Well Doubleg, to be fair to the dealer, it wasn't their fault they were sent a faulty amp. And I do understand they wanting the loaner back since its a 10 day wait for a new amp. However, it would be a nice gesture on their part to do a free oil and filter change (or some similar credit) for your trouble of going back and forth.

Maybe you could drop a little hint to them............
I wonder why my dealer got mine in about 4-5 days, over the weekend, and a 4th of July Holiday thrown it ? I told them I'd wait on it since the Service Advisor told me they would have it in after about an hour. It was closer to an hour and 10 minutes. Can't complain about that. BAAADDD Customer Service if they didn't do something to take the sting out of it. A new amp should not be defective either. If they wanted his business, they should have pulled one out of a new car sitting on the lot, or a used car, and sent you packing being a happy camper with a working amp.

Just saying..............
Old 07-17-12, 05:00 AM
Doubleg
Driver

What has me a little upset is that I had to make the contact. I was the one to call them for the update instead of them calling me. I agree that they should have done something to get the amp here sooner. We can shipp anything around the world in no time......that's why we have planes and expedite, overnight shipping. It will cost them but charge the vendor that made the faulty amp.
Old 07-17-12, 08:19 AM
Carnut
Pole Position

What has me a little upset is that I had to make the contact. I was the one to call them for the update instead of them calling me. I agree that they should have done something to get the amp here sooner. We can shipp anything around the world in no time......that's why we have planes and expedite, overnight shipping. It will cost them but charge the vendor that made the faulty amp.
Faulty amps is nothing new to Lexus, and I don't know why they don't keep at least ONE (1) in stock at all times. And you are right, they can fly one around the world several times in 10 days. I say you have stumbled upon a dealership with poor customer service. First one I've ever heard of. All I've ever dealt with treated me like a King. Sorry for you brother, but I'd change dealerships as long as you have a Lexus warranty.
Old 07-17-12, 11:10 AM
Doubleg
Driver

Id love to but this dealer and its twin brother are the closes ones to where live. The others are about 20-25 miles away.
Old 07-17-12, 02:34 PM
Carnut
Pole Position

Id love to but this dealer and its twin brother are the closes ones to where live. The others are about 20-25 miles away.
Doubleg, it might be worth the drive. I don't know how long it would take you to make that drive, but in my opinion, you are getting rotten service where you are. If you chose to make the drive to the one 20-25 miles away, I would want to have a private meeting with the HEAD SERVICE MANAGER, and tell him of your bad experiences and see how he responds. You can read him very well I bet. If he "Defends" the other dealership you use, you have just answered your question. If he is critical and says they would have done more for you in a shorter turn-around, I'd flat out ask him, "If I start bringing ALL my business here, will you treat me better, and a LOT better ?" If he assures you YES, of course, it's worth the drive. If you can tell he's not or you learn later it's the same old bad service, then stick with your closest dealer. I reallze a long drive is not fun, but sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do.

Give it some thought and good luck. A letter to the GM of your dealership might get you a free oil/filter change or something.

I don't know what else to say.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lexus Extended Warrantee