Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the LS600h L model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the LS600h. Please use the main 4LS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation LS models.

LS600h Reliability Issues?

Old 03-21-14, 10:37 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanSC300lover
Hmmm...so yours may be for sale... hmmmm....

How far are you from Alpharetta?
Hmmmmm, Hmmmmmmm loool. About 20-30 min to the west in Cobb County
Old 03-21-14, 10:39 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

This is getting interesting
Old 05-13-14, 01:15 PM
Pamperme
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
i haven't had any issues except for control arms, which 460 owners have issues with also. I have not heard of major issues with 600s at all, at least not on this forum
Even if it was warranty paid, how much did it cost to repair the control arms?
Old 05-13-14, 01:17 PM
Pamperme
Lead Lap

My apologies CJITTY, I just saw where that question was already asked.
Old 05-13-14, 01:20 PM
Pamperme
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ryanSC300lover
My apologies. I have been member on this forum long enough to know to check the FAQ

For me the newer the better. Though I really like the new grille of the 14s. Not sure when that started. Might have to wait a bit to get t he new ones used...
I like the Newer 14 grills too. But this body kit seems like a good "next best" option:

Unfortunately, the camera operator does a horrible job of showing it off. The shots are always waaaay too close or from awkward, unrealistic viewing angles.
Old 05-13-14, 02:21 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by Pamperme
My apologies CJITTY, I just saw where that question was already asked.
Its all good . About $500 per arm through dealer. I have CPO warranty that covered 4 of them so far..if I need more, they will cover those new ones too. Having a warranty on this level of car is a must IMO
Old 05-30-14, 06:09 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts

Its all good . About $500 per arm through dealer. I have CPO warranty that covered 4 of them so far..if I need more, they will cover those new ones too. Having a warranty on this level of car is a must IMO
Is there an easy way to check the condition of the control arms when buying a 600hL? The one I'm about to buy (2008) will be a CPO, so it probably doesn't matter, but I'm curious as the indications that your control arms are bad? Rough riding? "Clunk" sound when hitting bumps? Thanks!
Old 05-30-14, 06:15 AM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by riknchar
Is there an easy way to check the condition of the control arms when buying a 600hL? The one I'm about to buy (2008) will be a CPO, so it probably doesn't matter, but I'm curious as the indications that your control arms are bad? Rough riding? "Clunk" sound when hitting bumps? Thanks!
you should hear clunking..i think if you can get under the car, you may be able to see if the bushing is dry rotted..but not sure. All I know is it does clunk on bumps around town.
Old 05-30-14, 06:19 AM
CJITTY

Speaking of reliability, I just had my trunk courtesy lights go out..need to figure out where the fuse is for those. And my left rear door actuator went Tango Uniform, so I need to get that fixed. Thankfully the CPO should cover the door actuator, hopefully I can figure out why my trunk courtesy lights stopped working. I had the trunk open for a while when I was swapping my LED taillights and things stopped working after that...I thought maybe there was a timeout feature or something, but that didn't seem to resolve the issue
Old 05-31-14, 08:40 AM
Pamperme
Lead Lap

you should hear clunking..i think if you can get under the car, you may be able to see if the bushing is dry rotted..but not sure. All I know is it does clunk on bumps around town.
So it is the bushing and not the actual control arm that's failing, even tho Lexus replaces the whole control arm under warranty? What did Lexus redesign, the bushing only, or the control arm too? Thanks.
Old 05-31-14, 03:01 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by Pamperme

So it is the bushing and not the actual control arm that's failing, even tho Lexus replaces the whole control arm under warranty? What did Lexus redesign, the bushing only, or the control arm too? Thanks.
The whole arm since bushing cannot be replaced as I understand it..about $500 a pop
Old 12-30-15, 03:33 PM
GaborL
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Debating between upgrading to either a 460L, or a 600hL, myself.
Any input on common issues regarding the hybrid batteries in the 600?
I've got a 460 awd swb right now, I love it, but I'm not too fond about lowering an awd car.
any and all input is greatly appreciated
Old 12-30-15, 08:45 PM
Wandl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

As far as I can recall, there has been very very few issues of hybrid batteries. Only 2 that I've seen/heard of so far. Now keep in mind there aren't a lot of 600's out there so small sample size as well...
Old 12-31-15, 05:45 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by GaborL
Debating between upgrading to either a 460L, or a 600hL, myself.
Any input on common issues regarding the hybrid batteries in the 600?
I've got a 460 awd swb right now, I love it, but I'm not too fond about lowering an awd car.
any and all input is greatly appreciated
Virtually no battery problems reported thus far on the LS600hLs. The first ones produced are just now ending their 8-year battery warranty, so it will be interesting to see what happens over the next few years as some of the 2008s begin experiencing battery failures (which is inevitable at some point). Many on this forum believe Lexus will step up to help people with their battery issues even after the 8-year warranty expires (that remains to be seen). Also, the price of replacement batteries should continue to fall. As an owner of a 2008 LS600hL, I'm not too worried...

I have seen some pretty amazing prices on the 600s via Cars,com recently, also. Example: A pristine 2008 with perfect service history, 48K miles and the executive rear seating package for $32K. I paid $43K for my 2008 a year and a half ago...

Keep in mind, also, that the LS600hL is also AWD, so if you plan to lower the car, you'll face the same issues you have with your current 460.
Old 05-30-16, 10:33 PM
Ritesh
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got my Dad a 2008 LS600h and there is a relatively loud clicking sound coming from behind the A/C control & stereo area. We took it to Lexus dealer & after a $600 diagnostic, they said the clicking was repaired. The next day my Dad was driving & the loud clicking started again. Any idea what this sound may be?

We love the car & it only has 54k miles on it. We also have an SC430 for my Mom & I drive my Dad's old LS430.

Hope someone can advise.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LS600h Reliability Issues?