LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

any1 having problems with alignment on 22's?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-12, 09:44 PM
phenomeno
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any1 having problems with alignment on 22's?

I'm rolling on 22"wheels with 255/30/22 tires brand new. Went to BIG O tires to get an alignment and they said at first the back 2 wheels were really bad toe (1 degree L and .8 degree R) so when they straightened the back wheels the front wheels then went off alignment. They said the wheels are now all zero and aligned but now the steering wheel tilts to the left. They said its aligned but it wont hold true.They said they checked the arms and other things and nothing is bent. they also said that there is a lot of left to right play in the steering wheel. I asked lexus of las vegas service for an alignment and they said since its not stock wheels they cant fit it onto the machine. I don't know what to do? Help anyone?
Old 06-15-12, 11:56 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

No issues here other than the fact that I am lowered and there is no camber correction, but car tracks straight as an arrow. You need to find an alignment shop that specializes in high end cars especially with bigger wheels. Some of these chain type of places go by the book and that doesn't always mean a perfect alignment when you have some custom stuff going on like much larger wheels or suspension. I have an alignment shop here in Atlanta (Grand Turismo East) that does a fantastic job and specializes in lowered cars..so you probably need to find a spot like that in NV. Take a look at my Tanabe install thread and review my alignment specs I posted along with the Lexus camber brackets I installed to improve my camber up front by about 20%. Some non lowered LS460s require these brackets. The link is in my signature below
Old 06-16-12, 05:56 AM
phenomeno
Driver

Thanks Cjitty, Imma look that up today. I even tried to call Lexus and that was a waste of time. BTW Imma be in Atlanta in September. Id love to check out the VIP scene down there. Pls lemme know if there are any local meets labor day weekend.
Old 06-16-12, 07:04 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by phenomeno
Thanks Cjitty, Imma look that up today. I even tried to call Lexus and that was a waste of time. BTW Imma be in Atlanta in September. Id love to check out the VIP scene down there. Pls lemme know if there are any local meets labor day weekend.
The VIP scene is starting to grow here, I can get the guys together for you ahead of time just let me know when in Sept and I can setup a meet.
Old 06-16-12, 07:19 AM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by Tee
The VIP scene is starting to grow here, I can get the guys together for you ahead of time just let me know when in Sept and I can setup a meet.
Big bro Tee got it handled!!
Old 06-16-12, 03:45 PM
phenomeno
Driver

Originally Posted by Tee
Thanks guys. HOTLANTA reppin VIP style! How about sept 2nd? A Sunday BBQ! Like VIP meets FREAKNIK!
Old 06-16-12, 07:29 PM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Are you lowered? Because if your not larger wheels shouldn't change your alignment. Put the stocks back on and have it aligned at the dealer if big o can't do it then slap the new ones back on.
Old 06-16-12, 11:17 PM
phenomeno
Driver

Originally Posted by lbintab
Are you lowered? Because if your not larger wheels shouldn't change your alignment. Put the stocks back on and have it aligned at the dealer if big o can't do it then slap the new ones back on.
Im on stock air suspension. The only mod is the 22" rims and 255/30/22. Brand new tires and balanced. The steering wheel doesnt vibrate left to right anymore after replacing all 4 tires but now if I let the steering wheel go (after holding it slightly to the left) it will pull to the right. The guys at Big O said something like "Ur car doesnt hold true". They said they aligned it 4 different times and cant find anything wrong and they wound up not charging me at all. Im all for free alignments but it just seemed shady....i dunno
Old 06-16-12, 11:19 PM
phenomeno
Driver

Originally Posted by lbintab
Oh and I bought the car with these 22" wheels with nankang 245/30/22 and Discount tires said that they were the wrong tire for my car. Something like the tires were under what the load capacity should be. So I just bought 4 new Nexxen 255/30/22 tires with the correct load capacity.
Old 06-17-12, 02:45 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I got mine aligned and it still goes to the right, but I'm lowered. I'm not sure about your situation though. Id say that it's from my camber, but i got all my tie corrected.
Old 06-17-12, 02:48 PM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by adamls2
I got mine aligned and it still goes to the right, but I'm lowered. I'm not sure about your situation though. Id say that it's from my camber, but i got all my tie corrected.
It's probably your tires. Certain tires will pull to the right. I want to say the continentals
Old 06-17-12, 04:08 PM
CJITTY

My continentals track straight..find a speed shop that really knows how to align cars
Old 06-17-12, 04:49 PM
Falbz
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

My car does the same thing just alittle with factory air ride. Not lowered yet with 22s. It's the tires, you need to buy a good set of tires as this issue is very common on these cars. I've had my wheel shop align the car and then immediately paid lexus to do it again.

All in all it can down to "tire pull"

Good luck
Old 06-17-12, 07:12 PM
Mikey100
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
My continentals track straight..find a speed shop that really knows how to align cars
Uncle Jitty: We both know what SAGE advice you just provided. Hopefully some people facing Alignment Problems will pay attention and listen to you. Otherwise, it kinda reminds me of the "Horses On the edge of the River Bank" ... LOL !

If ya want Success in Life, sometimes you gotta do MORE than just pay yer money and take yer chances ! And for those that care, please know the Alignment Solution does NOT reside with your Friendly neighborhood Lexus dealer ! And in this case, we don't care whether it's an "Elite" dealership or not.

Here's a FREE HINT !!!!!!: Find a Maserati dealership, or a Lotus dealer, and ask then WHERE they send their very best customers' cars for alignments.

Mikey Lulejian - Ridin' on my new Sea Ray cruiser on Lake Oconee, GA

Last edited by Mikey100; 06-17-12 at 07:15 PM.
Old 06-18-12, 03:40 AM
phenomeno
Driver

Originally Posted by Mikey100
Uncle Jitty: We both know what SAGE advice you just provided. Hopefully some people facing Alignment Problems will pay attention and listen to you. Otherwise, it kinda reminds me of the "Horses On the edge of the River Bank" ... LOL !

If ya want Success in Life, sometimes you gotta do MORE than just pay yer money and take yer chances ! And for those that care, please know the Alignment Solution does NOT reside with your Friendly neighborhood Lexus dealer ! And in this case, we don't care whether it's an "Elite" dealership or not.

Here's a FREE HINT !!!!!!: Find a Maserati dealership, or a Lotus dealer, and ask then WHERE they send their very best customers' cars for alignments.

Mikey Lulejian - Ridin' on my new Sea Ray cruiser on Lake Oconee, GA
Imma check porsche today once it opens to see who they send their customers to for alignments. Lexus was all "customer service" when i said LS460L but went ghost onme when i said 22" rims.

Quick Reply: any1 having problems with alignment on 22's?