LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

any1 having problems with alignment on 22's?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-12, 08:24 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by phenomeno
Imma check porsche today once it opens to see who they send their customers to for alignments. Lexus was all "customer service" when i said LS460L but went ghost onme when i said 22" rims.
I have heard other dealerships doing 22s with no problems, but yeah, find a place that does high end cars or performance vehicles.

Are you in Phoenix area? If so, check these out...Google is amazing lol

http://www.602autosports.com/index.htm

Some good tips on this thread: http://www.northamericanmotoring.com...in-phx-az.html

Search around, you may be surprised. Use terms like performance alignment, or custom alighment, etc
Old 06-20-12, 02:02 PM
phenomeno
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
I have heard other dealerships doing 22s with no problems, but yeah, find a place that does high end cars or performance vehicles.

Are you in Phoenix area? If so, check these out...Google is amazing lol

http://www.602autosports.com/index.htm

Some good tips on this thread: http://www.northamericanmotoring.com...in-phx-az.html

Search around, you may be surprised. Use terms like performance alignment, or custom alighment, etc

thanks but Im in las vegas. I found a shop referred to me by Speed Lab her in LV. Its called ARROW frame and alignment. They straightened my steering wheel and got it all in "0's" on paper but it still pulls to the right. It happened moreso after I bought the 4 new tires (Nexxen) from Discount Tires. The shop said to take it back and have them rotate my tires and re-balanced. Imma try that tommorrow. Thanks everyone for ur input.
Old 06-20-12, 06:31 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

thanks but Im in las vegas. I found a shop referred to me by Speed Lab her in LV. Its called ARROW frame and alignment. They straightened my steering wheel and got it all in "0's" on paper but it still pulls to the right. It happened moreso after I bought the 4 new tires (Nexxen) from Discount Tires. The shop said to take it back and have them rotate my tires and re-balanced. Imma try that tommorrow. Thanks everyone for ur input.
Damn son...I think I was looking at the pics that I8ABMR posted and he lives in AZ, so for some reason I was thinking AZ and not NV..my bad homie...well, sounds like you are on it and gettting things handled.
Old 06-30-12, 10:08 PM
telmz1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Im on stock air suspension. The only mod is the 22" rims and 255/30/22. Brand new tires and balanced. The steering wheel doesnt vibrate left to right anymore after replacing all 4 tires but now if I let the steering wheel go (after holding it slightly to the left) it will pull to the right. The guys at Big O said something like "Ur car doesnt hold true". They said they aligned it 4 different times and cant find anything wrong and they wound up not charging me at all. Im all for free alignments but it just seemed shady....i dunno
Let me guess, you went to the big o tires off of rainbow behind canes? Those guys are idiots.
Old 07-01-12, 05:39 PM
phenomeno
Driver

Originally Posted by telmz1
Let me guess, you went to the big o tires off of rainbow behind canes? Those guys are idiots.
HAHAHAHAHA yup I did. I went to this alignment place off of Decatur and Hacienda called Arrow frame and alignment. They aligned it and straightened out my steering wheel BUT it still pulls to the right. They said all four wheels are straight. I took it back to discount tires on Trop and Decatur to re-balance all 4 wheels and they "showed" me how all 4 wheels are bent and thats whats causing it to pull left. I dunno what to do. Im gonna have my trusty mechanic look at the break rotors and hopefully its a simple fix like warped rotors...I dunno. this is frustrating.
Old 07-01-12, 07:05 PM
telmz1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

HAHAHAHAHA yup I did. I went to this alignment place off of Decatur and Hacienda called Arrow frame and alignment. They aligned it and straightened out my steering wheel BUT it still pulls to the right. They said all four wheels are straight. I took it back to discount tires on Trop and Decatur to re-balance all 4 wheels and they "showed" me how all 4 wheels are bent and thats whats causing it to pull left. I dunno what to do. Im gonna have my trusty mechanic look at the break rotors and hopefully its a simple fix like warped rotors...I dunno. this is frustrating.
I went to Arrow frame before too when I had a GS 350 afterI had my coilovers installed at 702 motoring. They didn't want to do my alignment at first because I was too low but they finally caved in and corrected my toe for only $50 since they couldn't do anything for the camber.

Are your 22's wheels used? If they were bent, then you would feel the steering vibrate or the floor. I seriously think its just the tires. Nexen tires are crap. Here's a test. Put your stocks back on and see if it still pulls.
Old 07-01-12, 07:44 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am sure that putting stocks back on would go back to normal how swapping some wheels around if staggered then just the two fronts.. nexxen arent the best but road force balancing would tell you wassup.
Old 07-02-12, 10:08 PM
phenomeno
Driver

Originally Posted by telmz1
I went to Arrow frame before too when I had a GS 350 afterI had my coilovers installed at 702 motoring. They didn't want to do my alignment at first because I was too low but they finally caved in and corrected my toe for only $50 since they couldn't do anything for the camber.

Are your 22's wheels used? If they were bent, then you would feel the steering vibrate or the floor. I seriously think its just the tires. Nexen tires are crap. Here's a test. Put your stocks back on and see if it still pulls.
The 22"s came with the car. I dont have OEM rims to switch with right now. This is soooo annoying constantly pulling the steering wheel to the left to keep the car driving straight. I got some 20" junction produce rims coming in 3-4 weeks. I'll get some meatier tires and do another alignment. We'll see then. Thanks for the input guys.