LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn...excuse me

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-12, 07:53 PM
MannyRCF
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn...excuse me

Just hit the 2 year mark with my LS,great looking car,great reliability also great gadgets....but nothing exciting about the drive..what do you think?

The drive just doesnt put a smile on my face,yes i know thats not what its meant for but have any of you driven the S550 or 750's?.

Dont get me wrong Im not bashing the car just saying its not exciting..would love to hear some thoughts..I probably would not buy another LS unless they came out with a LSF,will look at a ISF or the new GS next
Old 04-08-12, 08:46 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 151 Likes on 113 Posts

When I put the tanabe suspension on..it feels like I have a sport version #newCarAgain
Old 04-08-12, 09:19 PM
MannyRCF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CJITTY
When I put the tanabe suspension on..it feels like I have a sport version #newCarAgain
Really that much of a difference?how about the overall athletics of the car?Just to big IMHO,however I guess I should have known that before the purchase,love how it looks like..cannot beat the reliability...great cruiser
Old 04-08-12, 10:24 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Its not a sports car and never advertised to be one, so not sure what you expect out of the Lexus flagship..but I push the car hard in turns with the Tanabes and it handles very nice for a car this big and heavy. The braking and acceleration is better since there is less rear sag on hard acceleration and less dip during braking ..felt like a new car to me when pushed harder but still remains comfortable for cruising ..the bigger wheels and stiffer low pro tires help with giving that road feedback sporty feel..hard to explain until you drive a modded LS..I think the new gen LS coming out soon will shift the thinking in a major way towards a sportier look, feel and performance
Old 04-08-12, 10:25 PM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Manny, is your LS stock? Any upgrade or modification? I can see a stock LS being boring but a modify LS to your liking is awesome in my opinion.
Old 04-09-12, 06:18 AM
stas2007
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Manny735
Just hit the 2 year mark with my LS,great looking car,great reliability also great gadgets....but nothing exciting about the drive..what do you think?

The drive just doesnt put a smile on my face,yes i know thats not what its meant for but have any of you driven the S550 or 750's?.

Dont get me wrong Im not bashing the car just saying its not exciting..would love to hear some thoughts..I probably would not buy another LS unless they came out with a LSF,will look at a ISF or the new GS next
well I had 7s,(E38, E65) they still drive like boats(not as boaty as the LS but still boaty).
But slamming the with low profile rubber/bigger rims on good set of coil makes a massive difference in handling and that "sporty" feel.
Old 04-09-12, 08:47 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

manny, well, i had my ls460l for 6 months and sold it. now i am driving a s550, guess why?

it really depends on what you want from the car. the ls460l imho has the smoothest ride, but it also gives you the least feedback (make it none). it looks great with a lot of nice gadgets too.

but if you want driving feel and feedback, it's not the car for you. imho the 7 has the best driver oriented setup, it drives great, but it's also the loudest and "stiffest" imho. the s is right in between, it's big, even longer than the ls460l, it gives you feedback but not so much you think you need to "drive" it

my ls460l was modified, unfortunately that didn't give me enough excitement in terms of driving
Old 04-09-12, 11:51 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I know what you are saying but as a pure luxury car its one of the best in the world. It makes no attempts at sportiness. It does what it was designed to do very very well. The driving experience is not exciting , its comforting . When I drive home tired after a long day my LS coddles me and makes me feel like I am floating home
Old 04-09-12, 12:04 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i say get a sportier car and keep the ls for it is. but it all depends what u ate looking for and how boring you really think the ride is.
Old 04-09-12, 01:49 PM
stas2007
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I doubt 7 or S-class will make a big difference...if you still wanna stay with big cars all I can think is Panamera which is complete opposite of LS460- ugly & exciting.
Old 04-09-12, 02:06 PM
MannyRCF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
manny, well, i had my ls460l for 6 months and sold it. now i am driving a s550, guess why?

it really depends on what you want from the car. the ls460l imho has the smoothest ride, but it also gives you the least feedback (make it none). it looks great with a lot of nice gadgets too.

but if you want driving feel and feedback, it's not the car for you. imho the 7 has the best driver oriented setup, it drives great, but it's also the loudest and "stiffest" imho. the s is right in between, it's big, even longer than the ls460l, it gives you feedback but not so much you think you need to "drive" it

my ls460l was modified, unfortunately that didn't give me enough excitement in terms of driving
Henry,

I think you nailed it,the car gives me no feel,zero feedback,i do not think modifying the car would make things better,it would just make a really good looking car more good looking,I'm not gonna lie I get more enjoyment from my Optima SX then the LS,yeah its a Kia...I do not think the LS has faults its just not what i want from a car...coils,tires,springs etc would help but do not think it would be enough.

And yes my car is stock
Old 04-09-12, 02:14 PM
KA8
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

This is one of the reasons I got rid of two lexus vehicles. My big ml350 is more exciting than ES and SC. Lexus cars are perfect when you're tired and you got a chaueffer to do the driving for you. If you want more feedback you can't go wrong with european cars.
Old 04-09-12, 02:42 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Some cars try to be a Jack of all trades so to speak, but the LS is a pure luxury cruiser. This is why its popular with the older drivers.
Old 04-09-12, 03:03 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Like I said before, when you stiffen up the suspension with coilovers or tanabe springs and put at least 20" wheels on this car, it does give it enough sport for my taste. it still rides great and when you punch it and that V8 / 380 horsepower hits the back wheels..well, maybe not all that HP hits the back wheels but you know what I mean, it will get up and go.

This car is a sleeper and it felt good hanging with a porsche boxster S the other day while competing for a single lane...due to my neglection of using my manual shifter, he was able to cut me off after hanging with him the entire onramp..not sure if he was wide open, but my hella chunky LS with 22s felt proud and I'm sure that dude was like...dammm, that big azz car stood its ground and probably surprised him..I am still mad I lost though, but hell..I'm in an LS...still balllinn at the end of the day! LOL
Old 04-09-12, 03:09 PM
MannyRCF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Like I said before, when you stiffen up the suspension with coilovers or tanabe springs and put at least 20" wheels on this car, it does give it enough sport for my taste. it still rides great and when you punch it and that V8 / 380 horsepower hits the back wheels..well, maybe not all that HP hits the back wheels but you know what I mean, it will get up and go.

This car is a sleeper and it felt good hanging with a porsche boxster S the other day while competing for a single lane...due to my neglection of using my manual shifter, he was able to cut me off after hanging with him the entire onramp..not sure if he was wide open, but my hella chunky LS with 22s felt proud and I'm sure that dude was like...dammm, that big azz car stood its ground and probably surprised him..I am still mad I lost though, but hell..I'm in an LS...still balllinn at the end of the day! LOL
I think your last sentence speaks volume,i do look like a boss driving my LS,however thats where it ends for me...its like having a really hot wife or gf,yeah she looks great on your arm,people think you have it made,however in bed she sucks

Last edited by MannyRCF; 04-09-12 at 03:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn...excuse me