LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

used ls460 swb / lwb pricing

Old 04-08-12, 06:15 PM
anotherazn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default used ls460 swb / lwb pricing

I have been in the market for a 460 for some time now.. It seems that in northern california pricing for these are rather high.

Sample Link

For instance. this is a 08 SWB 81k for 31,998

I wanted to pick up a 460 for under 40k if possible. looking for black on black is always hard.

Is high mileage a no no on the new 460? does anyone have any high mileage 460's w/ positive and /or negative results?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-08-12, 06:39 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

In the past few years, the LS460 has been named the most reliable car made by several respectable print media outlets..mileage high or low..hasn't changed the #1 reliability ranking..so, feel good about buying an LS out of warranty. Remember, if you go through a credit union, they offer great bumper to bumper warranties that go past 100k. I paid $1K for a zero deductable bumper to bumper platinum warranty when I bought my 2007 with 44k miles and I'm good until 104K miles or 7 years..whichever comes first. Bottom line, you won't be disappointed..go for it..high mileage folks will chime in I'm sure
Old 04-09-12, 05:28 PM
3lexus43
Driver School Candidate

I agree with CJITTY, I don't think you can go wrong with the LS460, or any LS IMO. As with any vehicle... inspection, inspection, inspection prior to purchase and a documented service record is a plus. A reputable dealer can also tell you what will need replacing in the near future if you go with a higher mileage vehicle. I recently purchased my second LS (previous was an 03), a one owner, fully documented, 08 LS 460 SWB, grey/black, fully loaded except radar cruise control, for $38k with 27,000 miles, and that included a zero deductable bumper-to-bumper 4yr-90k warranty. Bought it in Houston from a Mercedes dealership as the lexus dealerships wanted 3k more for a certified same mileage LS. Good luck with your search! Keep us posted!
Old 04-10-12, 08:11 PM
anotherazn
Driver School Candidate

http://www.showroomsanjose.com/detai...d-8510371.html

looking at this guy...
2008 LWB 35k miles for $45k
it has every option excluding exec package.

is that a good price?
also looked on lexus and it appears that the valve spring was done.

I had a few questions however.

1) Does this vehicle have the radar guided cruise control?
2) Are those wheels factory as they appear to be 18's?

i am probably going to take a look at this car this saturday and see how it goes. any suggestions on what a good price would be for this? thanks
Old 04-10-12, 08:26 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would try to get it under 40k mileage is good but depending on what it has you should see how low they are willing to go and get it if you like (meaning the color is right and it has everything you want..
Old 04-10-12, 08:36 PM
anotherazn
Driver School Candidate

just doublechecked and it has everything and then some..

sadly.. i dont think i can lower the price that much.. regional california pricing seems relatively high.. ranging in the low to high 40's depending on mileage.

listed below are all the packages

LLLUXURY PKG $2,780.00
semi-aniline leather seat trim
ecsaine headliner
pwr rear climate-controlled seats w/memory
rear seat side-impact airbags

LRREAR SEAT UPGRADE PKG $1,625.00
4-zone automatic air conditioning w/air purifier
rear seat cool box
pwr rear side sunshades
rear seat audio controls

MHMARK LEVINSON DVD CHANGER $2,530.00
hard disk drive music storage system
reference surround sound audio system
(19) speakers
CD/DVD changer w/A/V playback

ASAIR SUSPENSION $2,120.00
adaptive variable suspension (AVS)
variable gear-ratio steering (VGRS)

MZLEXUS LINK $900.00
1-year Safety plan

PAIntuitive Parking Assist$500.00
PIADVANCED PARKING GUIDANCE SYSTEM (REQ: PA Intuitive Parking Assist)
Old 04-10-12, 09:44 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

if it is coming with all that You might have a good deal!!! but still see if you can get it cheaper, the least they can say is no... lol good luck with your purchase, you gonna love this car..
Old 04-11-12, 05:41 AM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by anotherazn
just doublechecked and it has everything and then some..

sadly.. i dont think i can lower the price that much.. regional california pricing seems relatively high.. ranging in the low to high 40's depending on mileage.

listed below are all the packages

LLLUXURY PKG $2,780.00
semi-aniline leather seat trim
ecsaine headliner
pwr rear climate-controlled seats w/memory
rear seat side-impact airbags

LRREAR SEAT UPGRADE PKG $1,625.00
4-zone automatic air conditioning w/air purifier
rear seat cool box
pwr rear side sunshades
rear seat audio controls

MHMARK LEVINSON DVD CHANGER $2,530.00
hard disk drive music storage system
reference surround sound audio system
(19) speakers
CD/DVD changer w/A/V playback

ASAIR SUSPENSION $2,120.00
adaptive variable suspension (AVS)
variable gear-ratio steering (VGRS)

MZLEXUS LINK $900.00
1-year Safety plan

PAIntuitive Parking Assist$500.00
PIADVANCED PARKING GUIDANCE SYSTEM (REQ: PA Intuitive Parking Assist)
This car also has radar cruise/PCS, even though it's not listed! This is exactly the same car I have, except I don't have that option.

According to the 'Vehicle Sold' date on Carfax, the in-service date for this car was 4/29/2008. In other words, it has 18 days left on the 4/50 warranty and the same amount of time for a new owner to purchase a Lexus Platinum extended warranty.

Why do I point this out? By and large, the LS is an extremely reliable car, and that is actually what attracted me.

However, I will say that my car has had a large number of warranty repairs. Most of these repairs were for issues already known by Lexus (i.e., Lexus has actually redesigned many components), many of which are not at well-known publicly. I would guess that 95% of my issues would not have been caught in any standard inspection. In fact, my car would've passed a CPO inspection in a heartbeat.

It is hard to pass up a car like that, because it does look great. See what you find out; my sense is low $40s should be reasonable, going up to 41.5 or 41.7 perhaps.

I'd be happy to share more details if you're interested on things you could look for when you go see it, stuff that one would never look for in a "normal" inspection. The LS460 is a phenomenal car, but it is no LS430 or LS400 in terms of reliability - certainly not 2007 or 2008 models. Don't get me wrong - I would buy one all over again but I wish I had known a year ago what I know today.

Last edited by caha14; 04-11-12 at 07:00 AM.
Old 04-11-12, 05:54 AM
caha14
Racer

Forgot to say... Yes, those are Lexus wheels, though not from the factory. That's the 18" Teleios wheel upgrade.
Old 04-11-12, 08:04 AM
anotherazn
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the information caha. I contacted troy w/ toyota in regards to the lexus platinum warranty. If i can pick that up instead of going aftermarket that would save me a bunch of trouble later on down the line.

what is sad is, this is the only LWB vehicle w/ the options and color i want. There are other LWB cars listed however they are either 60+ miles w/ same price or another 5-10k dollars extra w/ equivalent miles. It just seems that at this point in time, the value of the LS460L has gone up in price compared to how it was last yr.
Old 04-11-12, 09:54 AM
caha14
Racer

Thanks for the information caha. I contacted troy w/ toyota in regards to the lexus platinum warranty. If i can pick that up instead of going aftermarket that would save me a bunch of trouble later on down the line.

what is sad is, this is the only LWB vehicle w/ the options and color i want. There are other LWB cars listed however they are either 60+ miles w/ same price or another 5-10k dollars extra w/ equivalent miles. It just seems that at this point in time, the value of the LS460L has gone up in price compared to how it was last yr.
Factory warranty is definitely the way to go. I haven't followed LWB pricing since I bought mine (though I've noticed the SWB cars dropping in price). The fact that this car is still under factory warranty is worth something, though, and the rarity of the options certainly contributes to the price.

Their asking price is not unreasonable, but I would be hard pressed to think they can't move at all, as long as you're reasonable.
Old 04-11-12, 01:17 PM
anotherazn
Driver School Candidate

well, the search continues, dealer called me and its already sold. The buyer paid asking price when i asked. Now to hunt for another LWB black / black or dark grey / black fully optioned out.. This is not an easy search.

Is a platinum warranty better or CPO warranty better?
Old 04-11-12, 01:31 PM
FrankyBoy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn man! I would've bought that! I lost on a deal just like you did trying to get price down on a LWB Pearl white with black interior for $41,000 and had under 40k miles. I was so dang on mad when that happened to me! LOL.... Oh and it had the executive package too! My right hand is still healiing from the wall I punched! Joking........
Old 04-11-12, 01:36 PM
caha14
Racer

well, the search continues, dealer called me and its already sold. The buyer paid asking price when i asked. Now to hunt for another LWB black / black or dark grey / black fully optioned out.. This is not an easy search.

Is a platinum warranty better or CPO warranty better?

Bummer! And you're right on pricing in your area if the car went for full asking...

You will find a car; just be patient. How large a radius are you looking within?

I believe platinum is more comprehensive than CPO, but you can check the details at lexus.com and lexusfinancial.com. You can also get the Platinum for a longer period (extra 4 years - total of 8) and even longer mileage if you needed to (125,000 max). Also, the platinum kicks in at the end of the 4/50 warranty, whereas the 3/100 CPO warranty kicks in immediately - not an issue if you buy a car that's beyond the 4/50 or close to it, but a consideration otherwise.

Other than that, the common perception is that it is a better deal (dollar wise) to find the right car and buy the extended warranty than it is to buy CPO. That is probably generally the case, but some people have reported getting exceptional CPO deals.

Other than the warranty part, though, IMO CPO does not generally mean that you will get a better car. I passed on many CPOs that looked like absolute crap and inexplicably had been certified.

Good luck with your search!
Old 04-11-12, 01:43 PM
FrankyBoy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This may help you as well. I live in Virginia and purchased my car from JM Lexus. Great sales team! I saved thousands buying from them rather than VA. I'd say around 7k average. I had my car shipped to me for $550. Can't beat that man! ;-)

PM me for details and I can get you in touch with my sales guy who will find what you're looking for.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: used ls460 swb / lwb pricing