LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Impressed With Lexus Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-12, 11:58 AM
Enigma869
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Impressed With Lexus Customer Service

I called in yesterday to voice my concerns that my 07 CPO LS didn't come with updated maps (still has the original maps). A woman called me back today and said that she spoke with the Service Manager at my dealership and that they have agreed to update the maps for free. When I asked if updating the maps was part of the CPO process (which I feel it certainly should be), she said that it really isn't and that it's up to the dealer. She did also say that Lexus was "looking at" their entire CPO process for "improvements", as she put it. I told he that I hoped part of those "improvements" would allow for the transfer of the warranty (as other manufacturers allow for) if I were to sell the vehicle. Overall, I can't complain that a quick phone call resulted in me not having to pay $300.00 to update maps that are almost 6 years old.

John
Old 02-28-12, 12:13 PM
Mikey100
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Enigma869
I called in yesterday to voice my concerns that my 07 CPO LS didn't come with updated maps (still has the original maps). A woman called me back today and said that she spoke with the Service Manager at my dealership and that they have agreed to update the maps for free. When I asked if updating the maps was part of the CPO process (which I feel it certainly should be), she said that it really isn't and that it's up to the dealer. She did also say that Lexus was "looking at" their entire CPO process for "improvements", as she put it. I told he that I hoped part of those "improvements" would allow for the transfer of the warranty (as other manufacturers allow for) if I were to sell the vehicle. Overall, I can't complain that a quick phone call resulted in me not having to pay $300.00 to update maps that are almost 6 years old.

John

Congrats. And while it "May be up to the dealer" ....... Most Quality (At least with the Elite Lexus dealers) dealers make this "update process" as part of the CPO process. They need to update the ECM anyway .... and this map update can be easily part of the tech's overall responsibility. It ain't like it cost them anything. Otherwise, it's like saying "Well ... we normally do not change the oil & filter in the CPO process." Phooey ! LOL !

However, whatever ..... the good news is you asked nicely, prevailed and now you're gonna get what you should have already had. Like your style, son ! Enjoy !

Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA
Old 02-28-12, 04:29 PM
Nospinzone

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

When I asked if updating the maps was part of the CPO process (which I feel it certainly should be), she said that it really isn't and that it's up to the dealer.

John
Glad to see Lexus stepped up and helped you out with this situation. I do agree that it should be up to the dealer. Although in your case the dealer should have done the update since it is an '07 and no update had been done. If you had bought a 2010 model then I could see a dealer passing on the upgrade (especially since the dreaded "I agree" screen was gone by then).

Clearly it does cost the dealership something. The service tech isn't doing it gratis during his lunch hour, and although we pay $169 for the upgrade, the dealer doesn't get it for free. I'm guessing they pay 40% of retail.
Old 02-28-12, 05:09 PM
Enigma869
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nospinzone

Clearly it does cost the dealership something. The service tech isn't doing it gratis during his lunch hour, and although we pay $169 for the upgrade, the dealer doesn't get it for free. I'm guessing they pay 40% of retail.

I agree that it definitely does cost the dealer something. I spoke with the Service Manager my Lexus dealership and he indicated to me that Lexus is actually paying the dealership for my upgrade (which I found interesting). The woman (Diane) who called me from Lexus was super nice and she said their one and only focus was ensuring their customers were happy. My car still hasn't it the 20K mile mark (pretty good for an almost 6 year old car), so I just wanted to have that newer car feeling, even though it's not new (still smells brand new inside). I didn't really even care about the updated maps until I learned that the AWFUL "I agree" screen goes away. That annoyed me to no end on my 04 LX. Does it still show up and just disappear on its own, or does it not even appear?

John
Old 02-29-12, 07:41 AM
stanatl
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree that it definitely does cost the dealer something. I spoke with the Service Manager my Lexus dealership and he indicated to me that Lexus is actually paying the dealership for my upgrade (which I found interesting). The woman (Diane) who called me from Lexus was super nice and she said their one and only focus was ensuring their customers were happy. My car still hasn't it the 20K mile mark (pretty good for an almost 6 year old car), so I just wanted to have that newer car feeling, even though it's not new (still smells brand new inside). I didn't really even care about the updated maps until I learned that the AWFUL "I agree" screen goes away. That annoyed me to no end on my 04 LX. Does it still show up and just disappear on its own, or does it not even appear?

John
On my 2011 it appears and goes away after a few seconds.