LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

AC won't save the previous setting

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-12, 10:29 AM
DuC
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AC won't save the previous setting

Need help, every time I start the car the AC take about 15 sec to turn on, and the temperature setting reset to 75degree. Is there a way I can fix this small issue?
Normally the AC turn on right away and my temperature stay at the setting I left it.
The following users liked this post:
ANZ (09-01-23)
Old 02-23-12, 05:56 PM
MikeE12345
Pole Position

I thought there was a customisable setting for this but I checked the manual and this doesn't seem to be the case. My LS keeps the last setting every time it starts up.
Old 02-23-12, 09:33 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Iv'e heard of this happening before but I forgot how they resolved it. If I remember correctly it involved a trip to the dealer.
Old 02-24-12, 03:58 AM
OSU
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine does the same thing. It happened after I had my NAV updated by the dealer. I took it back to them a later and they did nothing about it. Tried telling me it was normal for the car to take that long. It had to sense the temp in the car. That's bull.
Old 05-18-12, 04:09 PM
puppo420
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the same issue after replacing my LS460L cabin air filter.
As soon as you start the car, AUTO light would come on but no lights on recirc/auto/fresh air button. And the fan would not run and no driver/passenger temp display either. Looked like the whole climate control system was in a shutdown mode. After 15 seconds or so, climate control would come on resetted to 75 degrees and would forget my previous settings when I stopped the car. It was very easily reproduceable every time after I shut down and locked the car.
I had not broken the recirc/fresh door infront of the filter as I was very particular about it and read all the instructions before replacing the filter.

My fix was to take the filter out of its plastic casing and re-install it with "TOYOTA" "MADE IN USA" and "UP" printed on the filter to face the rear side of casing. Before it was towards the front side of casing. I had noticed it when I took the previous original filter out but did not think it would matter which way the filter goes as long as "UP" is actually pointing "UP".
Ironically the car has some sensitive sensors that detect may be the filter is not there I think. I re-installed it correctly and seated it above the blower pressing all four sides. Need skinny hands to get in the back of it. Since then its fixed and climate control works normally as before.
The following 2 users liked this post by puppo420:
diamente (12-11-22), DrQuality (12-06-22)
Old 04-16-13, 10:51 AM
winny
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also had this problem after local garage changed A/C filter. I took it back to them and they managed to remove and reset door. Didn't cost anything and they stuck a large label on the black door cover 'PUSH RECIRC BUTTON BEFORE REMOVING DOOR'. Seems like Lexus could do this and save everyone grief!
Old 06-26-17, 12:32 PM
Neek804
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DuC
Need help, every time I start the car the AC take about 15 sec to turn on, and the temperature setting reset to 75degree. Is there a way I can fix this small issue?
Normally the AC turn on right away and my temperature stay at the setting I left it.
Hello, did you or anyone ever fix this problem, just started happening yesterday.
Old 06-27-17, 11:49 AM
213374U
Lexus Test Driver

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Neek: no need to bump every AC related thread, if you read enough you'll find your answer.

But to get to the point: You need to first ensure that your cabin filter is fully seated. Make sure the A/C is set to recirculate before doing this, if the filter door is down when you remove the access panel DO NOT try to force it open. If the filter door is still down after setting it to recirculate, you need to drop the glovebox and inspect the mechanical arm which controls the door located on the left side of the filter, moving the door manually you should be able to see what I'm talking about. Odds are that the two mechanical arms there are simply disconnected. Reconnect them, close everything up, and give it a shot.

I had this same issue and reconnecting the mechanical arms fixed it. Good luck.
Old 06-28-17, 11:55 AM
Neek804
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 213374U
Neek: no need to bump every AC related thread, if you read enough you'll find your answer.

But to get to the point: You need to first ensure that your cabin filter is fully seated. Make sure the A/C is set to recirculate before doing this, if the filter door is down when you remove the access panel DO NOT try to force it open. If the filter door is still down after setting it to recirculate, you need to drop the glovebox and inspect the mechanical arm which controls the door located on the left side of the filter, moving the door manually you should be able to see what I'm talking about. Odds are that the two mechanical arms there are simply disconnected. Reconnect them, close everything up, and give it a shot.

I had this same issue and reconnecting the mechanical arms fixed it. Good luck.
I understand but I have read a lot and seen different solutions or threads or different sites with out any solution or even a reply. But I did removed the glove box and seen the 2 servos... both were working, one when I change vent mode, the other when I pressed recirc button. But nothing happen when I turned the the heat up and back down to cool and it only blows heat on driver side
Old 06-28-17, 11:57 AM
Neek804
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Neek804
I understand but I have read a lot and seen different solutions or threads or different sites with out any solution or even a reply. But I did removed the glove box and seen the 2 servos... both were working, one when I change vent mode, the other when I pressed recirc button. But nothing happen when I turned the the heat up and back down to cool and it only blows heat on driver side
And i also pressed the cabin filter down flush and the clips secured in place.
Old 06-29-17, 07:44 AM
213374U
Lexus Test Driver

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

If the door covering the filter opens and closes when you press the recirculation button then the above is likely not your problem. You might be better off starting a new thread and fully describing your specific issue.
Old 07-02-17, 05:22 AM
Bob727
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default AC auto

Originally Posted by DuC
My dealer told me it is normal forthe LS460 AC to require that you push the AUTO button every time after you start the car. Mine is odd, because the AUTO button green light takes a while to go out right after start even though the AC is clearly not on. Most often the green light goes out after I shift into drive. Then I push it again and everything returns to the previous settings.
Old 07-02-17, 09:44 AM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

I believe your dealer told you a story that it's normal to push AUTO every time you start the car. My AC comes on immediately and temp settings stay where I left it also.
DrQuality (12-26-22)
Old 07-02-17, 11:14 AM
DavidinCT
Racer

Received 195 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob727
My dealer told me it is normal forthe LS460 AC to require that you push the AUTO button every time after you start the car. Mine is odd, because the AUTO button green light takes a while to go out right after start even though the AC is clearly not on. Most often the green light goes out after I shift into drive. Then I push it again and everything returns to the previous settings.
Not normal AT ALL.

Is it like this thread ? I had that problem clearly listed in this thread and was able to fix it..

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...ml#post9909004
DrQuality (12-26-22)
Old 07-22-22, 03:56 PM
Thommo89
1st Gear

Default Cabin filter turn around

Originally Posted by puppo420
I had the same issue after replacing my LS460L cabin air filter.
As soon as you start the car, AUTO light would come on but no lights on recirc/auto/fresh air button. And the fan would not run and no driver/passenger temp display either. Looked like the whole climate control system was in a shutdown mode. After 15 seconds or so, climate control would come on resetted to 75 degrees and would forget my previous settings when I stopped the car. It was very easily reproduceable every time after I shut down and locked the car.
I had not broken the recirc/fresh door infront of the filter as I was very particular about it and read all the instructions before replacing the filter.

My fix was to take the filter out of its plastic casing and re-install it with "TOYOTA" "MADE IN USA" and "UP" printed on the filter to face the rear side of casing. Before it was towards the front side of casing. I had noticed it when I took the previous original filter out but did not think it would matter which way the filter goes as long as "UP" is actually pointing "UP".
Ironically the car has some sensitive sensors that detect may be the filter is not there I think. I re-installed it correctly and seated it above the blower pressing all four sides. Need skinny hands to get in the back of it. Since then its fixed and climate control works normally as before.

I just tried this and it solved my problem. Mine would intermittently turn on and cycle out of the wrong vents and just behave really erratically. Sometimes it'll work. Sometimes it wouldn't, I'm guessing like the post here that there was a sensor that wasn't being touched or was being touched that shouldn't have been. I turned the filter around so that the clips were at the front of the vehicle ( rear of the box) and made sure it was seated correctly, turn the car on and the aircon cycled through the events correctly and went pretty hard.

Thanks for the heads up.
DrQuality (12-06-22)

Quick Reply: AC won't save the previous setting