LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2013 Model changes

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-12, 07:21 AM
MikeE12345
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's all about the "business". I recall one of the earliest PC makers of portable PCs called "luggables" (I think the company was Osburne) announced the details of a newer and greater model that was scheduled to be released for sale in six months. The result was that all its sales of current models stopped immediately. No one wanted a model that was to be replaced in six months. Osburne went bankrupt as a consequence!
Old 01-29-12, 03:13 PM
mendeljr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 2013 LS will have have minor ext change (spindle grill) but a major interior change. The interior change will look similar to that of the GS with the large 12.3 inch screen. It should be released in Nov of 2012.
Old 01-29-12, 06:26 PM
Dema
Pole Position

It is good to know, certainly this part needs redesign long time ago. I hope they will fix also Unicode issue. I will have a chance to check it with GS.
Old 01-29-12, 06:29 PM
Dema
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MikeE12345
It's all about the "business". I recall one of the earliest PC makers of portable PCs called "luggables" (I think the company was Osburne) announced the details of a newer and greater model that was scheduled to be released for sale in six months. The result was that all its sales of current models stopped immediately. No one wanted a model that was to be replaced in six months. Osburne went bankrupt as a consequence!
When iPhone 4 details and even image leaked, nobody stopped buying 3rd generation. But certainly announce of a new model can impact price and sales of current.
Old 01-29-12, 10:22 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

after seeing what Lexus did with the redesign of the GS I am excited to see what the flagship new LS will look like and perform like
Old 01-30-12, 03:07 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
after seeing what Lexus did with the redesign of the GS I am excited to see what the flagship new LS will look like and perform like
I hate to say it, but I hope the new LS does not resemble the new GS whatsoever. Maybe the new GS has to grow on me more because to me it really looks like a slightly bigger VW Jetta, especially the back of the car. Interior and front end is very nice though
Old 01-30-12, 09:59 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I was referring to the amount of change on the design and the radical departure on the interior design. Man as long as they dont out that ugly dull wood that they used in the 460 sport in the new vehicles I will be a happy camper. The wood in the sport looks like it was lifted from a Toyota highlander
Old 01-30-12, 10:23 AM
yodanadane
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I was referring to the amount of change on the design and the radical departure on the interior design. Man as long as they dont out that ugly dull wood that they used in the 460 sport in the new vehicles I will be a happy camper. The wood in the sport looks like it was lifted from a Toyota highlander
Have you seen both In person? Or just pictures? They are not even close to being the same I can say that because i Work for Toyota and own a 2012 LS sport.
Old 01-30-12, 11:11 AM
usadingo
Driver School Candidate

The LS is going to be a "major/minor." Everything will be changing except for the engine and transmission. Dealerships will have training in October.
Old 02-06-12, 02:01 PM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mendeljr
The 2013 LS will have have minor ext change (spindle grill) but a major interior change. The interior change will look similar to that of the GS with the large 12.3 inch screen. It should be released in Nov of 2012.
Yes, I just talked to my dealer again today and they verified that the next generation LS will be coming out in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model. A month or two ago they were giving me the impression that it would be out early in 2013 as a 2014 model. I'm hoping for significant improvements even though I love my 2008 LS460L.
Old 02-06-12, 05:52 PM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 408 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
For what it's worth, I've found car salesmen in general to be the least knowledgeable people about the very product they sell.
+1

Even worse, they sometimes state known disinformation for reasons that are always self serving. (Such as to keep a customer from buying a competitor new model, a salesman might make up a story about how what they sell will have a new model sooner than he actually knows).
Old 02-06-12, 10:24 PM
Dema
Pole Position

I actually like wood look of sport package, it isn't cheap at all, and very refined. All leather steering wheel is cool as well. I wish to have sport edition. If Lexus will do same with LS interior what they did with GS, then certainly popularity of LS will increase.
Old 02-07-12, 12:33 PM
yodanadane
Pit Crew

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Dema
I actually like wood look of sport package, it isn't cheap at all, and very refined. All leather steering wheel is cool as well. I wish to have sport edition. If Lexus will do same with LS interior what they did with GS, then certainly popularity of LS will increase.
Yeah what he said I second That.
Old 02-07-12, 01:36 PM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really need a better performing LS. I probably won't buy another one if it's got the same 4.6 liter engine. And now I don't even have a GS to look at. I "like" the IS-F but it's too small. I really hope Lexus brings more performance to the table with the next LS...
Old 02-07-12, 07:48 PM
yodanadane
Pit Crew

[QUOTE=Sal Collaziano;7001114]I really need a better performing LS. I probably won't buy another one if it's got the same 4.6 liter engine. And now I don't even have a GS to look at. I "like" the IS-F but it's too small. I really hope Lexus brings more performance to the table with the next LS...[/QUOTE
I recomend Driving the Ls Sport its a different driving experience than the Ls.

Quick Reply: 2013 Model changes