LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

CJITTY's 22" Vossen CV1 Wheel Install Experience (Videos and Pics Inside)

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-11, 04:18 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Nash
First id like to say that your car looks great and job well done. I also would like to say thanks for the time you put into writing your threads. I have the tanabes at the house but didn't know about these control arms to help with the camber. Thanks for your help.
Nash, first of all thank you very much for your comments, I certainly appreciate it. Having a person comment about my info threads and how it helped them makes it all worth the effort.

I used to get very frustrated searching and searching many threads to put together enough information to move forward or to bail out of a particular mod I was considering. I have been heavy on the Acurazine forum since 2003 in regards to my NOW daily driver (2003 Acura TL-s) and that is when I started putting together informative threads to help my fellow Acura people and now here on CL with my LS460 experiences. I will continue to put together informative based/personal experience threads as I step into a new mod, but for now, it will be a while to let my bank account catch up lol.

I have added my informative based threads as part of my CL signature so others will always have access to them quickly. Again, thank you Nash and I am very glad I could help you out!
Old 12-12-11, 04:26 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Can you say "I'm a BOSS"? Doing it BIG... you're My hero! LOL
Old 12-13-11, 08:46 AM
tank97
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice! how's the ride?
Old 12-13-11, 10:15 AM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tank97
very nice! how's the ride?
It rode great to me
Old 12-13-11, 11:58 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@Vossen
It rode great to me
+ 2! I have to admit i thought the ride would be rough, but the right tires make a world of difference. We hit the hwy on concrete I-20 E then transition on to black top (from the new pave work form last yr) and the ride was smooth with min road noise, the DWS Cont are worth the $$$.
Old 12-13-11, 02:16 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

+ 3 since I have the EXACT same setup wheels/tires/suspension wise I was amazed of how soft it still is and how much of a handling difference it made!!
Old 12-13-11, 02:31 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

GOD I want to drop my car so badly. I am still trying to get rid of these wheel vibrations. I think once I get the car riding like it should I may feel a little better about dropping the car especially now that we have the option to order these suspension brackets
Old 12-13-11, 04:45 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Tee
+ 2! I have to admit i thought the ride would be rough, but the right tires make a world of difference. We hit the hwy on concrete I-20 E then transition on to black top (from the new pave work form last yr) and the ride was smooth with min road noise, the DWS Cont are worth the $$$.
I tell people all the time the tires are a big part of the equation. A high performance all-season tire is the way to go for low profile tires.

I am so happy it turned out well knowing how reluctant he was to go this way.
Old 12-14-11, 05:17 PM
CJITTY

Reluctance is such a bad word lol..the road trips and commute were the deciding factor..my commute is way less and my road trip routes are smooth black top so life is good now...glad it turned out right..its amazing what a game changer these CV1s are..#happy
Old 12-14-11, 05:19 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
GOD I want to drop my car so badly. I am still trying to get rid of these wheel vibrations. I think once I get the car riding like it should I may feel a little better about dropping the car especially now that we have the option to order these suspension brackets
Do it man...dooooo it lol
Old 12-14-11, 08:11 PM
CJITTY

Ok, I learned something tonight. I was out in the garage and of course looking at the wheels again lol...actually, I was curious about inner suspension clearances and discovered I literally have about a credit card space in between the front tire and the upper control arm knuckle area..I was thinking it was rubbing but to my relief after running a credit card back and forth between the tire and the knuckle, there was just about that much space..now I did go with 265/30/22 tire size up front so that is certainly pushing the limit with this wheel tire combo. Proper plus size calls for 255/30/22, but Continental DWS does not come in that size. 245 does not meet load rating for the car weight.

Anyway, glad I don't need new tires! The 265 provides a nice ride!
Old 12-14-11, 08:13 PM
bonafyd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks real good playa
Old 12-15-11, 12:10 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Ok, I learned something tonight. I was out in the garage and of course looking at the wheels again lol...actually, I was curious about inner suspension clearances and discovered I literally have about a credit card space in between the front tire and the upper control arm knuckle area..I was thinking it was rubbing but to my relief after running a credit card back and forth between the tire and the knuckle, there was just about that much space..now I did go with 265/30/22 tire size up front so that is certainly pushing the limit with this wheel tire combo. Proper plus size calls for 255/30/22, but Continental DWS does not come in that size. 245 does not meet load rating for the car weight.

That's why I went with a 245 in the front because I was scared the 265 might rub....to add to the rubbing report, when ever I have people in the backseat the back rubs quite a bit on dips and turns which is a no-no for right now...I'm planning on shaving all of the fenders soon so the rear will be safe and I would be able to go with a 265F when the time comes. This is my DD so i'm putting 90miles a day avg. LOL
Old 12-15-11, 11:06 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY

To be honest 265 is way out of spec and it looks clearly bigger in the front than the rear wheels do. I went 255 after a 245 and I am pretty happy. The only issue I have is that once I switched to the Pirellis I have a slight rub in the rear right. Its weird that its not on my side so I may have to bust out the scissors and metal file
Old 12-15-11, 05:09 PM
CJITTY

The section width is only 0.04" wider across the entire width of tire..or about .02" per side, so to me its not wayy out of spec and overall sidewall height is not that much impacted from 255 to 265. I cannot tell the difference at all because I really looked to see..I wasn't going away from DWS tires so that was my only load rating approved option. Continental needs to make a 255. I think the wider rear wheel creates an illusion that makes the front tire look different..in person its just not obvious to be concerned...the 22s ride way better than I even imagined they would

Quick Reply: CJITTY's 22" Vossen CV1 Wheel Install Experience (Videos and Pics Inside)