Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the LS600h L model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the LS600h. Please use the main 4LS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation LS models.

A True Lexus Enthusiast: Our Friend with an LS600HL from Hanover Germany.

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-12, 09:00 AM
Vossen Wheels
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by whitetooth
Here is the update with Datasystem Controller in L position and the WALD replacement grille. Wheels are Vredestein 265/30/22 and Vossen 9x22 all around:

22's fit under there perfectly! Love seeing our wheels worldwide! Keep the photos coming!
Old 09-06-12, 11:48 AM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vossen Wheels
22's fit under there perfectly! Love seeing our wheels worldwide! Keep the photos coming!
It was you who told the dealer what is perfect! Thanks for your recommendation. Without this, I would have tried rear 315/25/22 which is a perfect match re. tire outer diameter but simply too large. My favs are 275/25/24 but they ruin the comfortable ride in this car.

Fitment is not VIP style but it is without changing the fenders and this is a good decision:

Pardon, the painting is not Steinway like

but I'm working on it:

Old 09-06-12, 04:36 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I got it from WALD Japan via Tirefrog

Air-shipped is expensive but the car, too. The grille is fiber glass and not ABS. That's why I painted it black. It is not identical to stock grille and assembling is a challenge, plug'n'pray.

There are versions. Make sure you buy the one for radar waves if yours has it behind the logo.
Thanks for the info I've been trying to find this gille in the states but can't .
Old 09-06-12, 09:57 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Vossen Wheels
The non staggered looks good!! I'm going to keep my 600 staggered for the time being but its nice to know I can go non staggered if I have to..offsets for the 9" all around have to be 30mm or less to look good though.. yours sit really nice on the 265/30 tires and 30mm offset..I really wish I could of seen the car in person this week while I was in Deutchland
Old 09-06-12, 10:01 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by adamls2
Omg it's so shiney!! Hahaha it looks much better lowered. Someone should do 10.5 all around that would look stellar n a 600,( cough cough jitty buy my rear wheels cough cough) hahaha!!
LOL..the thought did cross..I tried to mount one of my 10.5s up front and the car was like GTFOHWTBS!! No wayyyy it would fit..I'd have to do 15-25mm spacer i bet plus hella fender work..but it would look dope!!
Old 09-06-12, 10:06 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
LOL..the thought did cross..I tried to mount one of my 10.5s up front and the car was like GTFOHWTBS!! No wayyyy it would fit..I'd have to do 15-25mm spacer i bet plus hella fender work..but it would look dope!!
So there was still room?? I support it!! Is not that hard to roll a few fenders teehee

You can also buy my good front wheel as a spare since the 35 et is a rare breed now

Edit: never mind, you meant by it hitting the control arm. When a camber solution comes out, hopefully soon, some spacing and slight fender work wiould do the trick.
Old 09-07-12, 02:36 AM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by adamls2
So there was still room?? I support it!! Is not that hard to roll a few fenders teehee

You can also buy my good front wheel as a spare since the 35 et is a rare breed now

Edit: never mind, you meant by it hitting the control arm. When a camber solution comes out, hopefully soon, some spacing and slight fender work wiould do the trick.
Yeah man..the control arm prevented me from even getting the 10.5 on the hub...major surgery
would be required to pull that off
Old 10-09-12, 02:52 PM
CJITTY

Whitetooth, what level do you drive the car on the controller? I daily drive my 600 at Level 3 front, 2 rear and the ride is still incredibly smooth. I can't imagine rolling on 265/30s all around because it would be even smoother. If I ever have to go with the 22x9 all around to keep the AWD system happy, I would probably get the CV1s again with the 30 offset and maybe even do the 3 or 5mm spacer to really put the wheels close to the fender...do you have any more pics you can share? Wondering how it looks around stock level (i assume the earlier pics were "height high") and around level 3/4 just to see. Hope all is well in Deutchland!
Old 10-11-12, 12:46 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Whitetooth, what level do you drive the car on the controller? I daily drive my 600 at Level 3 front, 2 rear and the ride is still incredibly smooth. I can't imagine rolling on 265/30s all around because it would be even smoother. If I ever have to go with the 22x9 all around to keep the AWD system happy, I would probably get the CV1s again with the 30 offset and maybe even do the 3 or 5mm spacer to really put the wheels close to the fender...do you have any more pics you can share? Wondering how it looks around stock level (i assume the earlier pics were "height high") and around level 3/4 just to see. Hope all is well in Deutchland!
My daily drive is 2 front and rear. Parking in L and city cruising in 6, just for fun. I enjoy that the suspension compressor is working even while the combustion engine is off. 265/30/22 all around was a good decision

Just bought winter tires. Unfortunately they are not 22's.
245/45/19 Dunlop 3D are not so noisy hopefully. Spec says 68 dB. Within Europe, every manufacturer has to publish the noise in a table as of next month. Finaly a law!

Oh, yes, Germany is well, money seems to be magnetic. Investors feed the general gouvernment ex interest. I feed them, too, but not by choice. Kanzlerin is growing observably.
Old 10-30-12, 07:02 AM
whitetooth
Pole Position

As requested by OP at https://www.clublexus.com/forums/7572390-post150.html I answer the questions in this thread:

Originally Posted by farming
So CJ, would 265/30/22 all around be good for a 09 600?
There is no option!

I'm in love with her:

I have VOSSEN this year and ALTSTADT F100 possibly in 2013. By the way, ALTSTADT is German and means historic center of a city. No good decision 22's plus ALTSTADT plus cobbled street. However, a freeze image is noiseless LOL

Originally Posted by LXurious
That looks like a computer rendering lol. More pics please! Set up looks interesting.

All kits are listed at:

http://euro.lexusownersclub.com/foru...howtopic=20726
Old 10-30-12, 08:02 AM
CJITTY

I love this pic!! If you plan on keeping the Vossens, I would get the 5x120 3mm or 5mm Akata Hub Centric Spacers to get the wheels a little closer to fender and it would look even better

The 3mm spacer would put you at et27 offset or the 5mm spacer would put you at et25mm..assuming you have the et30 CV1s which I believe you do

Love your 600 man!!
Old 10-30-12, 10:44 AM
whitetooth
Pole Position

I love this pic!! If you plan on keeping the Vossens, I would get the 5x120 3mm or 5mm Akata Hub Centric Spacers to get the wheels a little closer to fender and it would look even better

The 3mm spacer would put you at et27 offset or the 5mm spacer would put you at et25mm..assuming you have the et30 CV1s which I believe you do

Love your 600 man!!
Thanks for your comment. Unfortunately I need an approval for spacers as well. You know, German TUEV! But you are right, 3mm is precisely the difference therefore the ALTSTADT F100 offset is 27 and not 30. With a little bit of fender work 25mm is matching, too.

I love your silver VOSSEN and I'm not sure whether to continue with black or not.
Old 10-30-12, 10:50 AM
CJITTY

Thanks for your comment. Unfortunately I need an approval for spacers as well. You know, German TUEV! But you are right, 3mm is precisely the difference therefore the ALTSTADT F100 offset is 27 and not 30. With a little bit of fender work 25mm is matching, too.

I love your silver VOSSEN and I'm not sure whether to continue with black or not.
Thanks, I think the black color makes the wheels look smaller. Silver and machined finished wheels (to me) seem to make the wheels look bigger than chrome or darker colors. I think you could easily get away with a 3mm spacer in rear and the 5mm spacer in front. Why can't you order them and just put them on yourself? you could paint them black using a high temp rust proof paint and they would blend in to the hub and won't even be noticed..but then again, not sure how the inspection process works in Germany...just a thought. The 5mm and 3mm do not require new lugnuts by the way. I have the 3mm and I still have plenty of hub lip left for the wheel to sit on and at least 6 or 7 lug turns...if I keep my staggered setup, I may even get the 15mm in front and 3mm rear to help with that sucked in look..the newer Vossens are 30mm, mine are 35mm..big difference
Old 11-05-12, 08:08 AM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Thanks, I think the black color makes the wheels look smaller. Silver and machined finished wheels (to me) seem to make the wheels look bigger than chrome or darker colors. I think you could easily get away with a 3mm spacer in rear and the 5mm spacer in front. Why can't you order them and just put them on yourself? you could paint them black using a high temp rust proof paint and they would blend in to the hub and won't even be noticed..but then again, not sure how the inspection process works in Germany...just a thought. The 5mm and 3mm do not require new lugnuts by the way. I have the 3mm and I still have plenty of hub lip left for the wheel to sit on and at least 6 or 7 lug turns...if I keep my staggered setup, I may even get the 15mm in front and 3mm rear to help with that sucked in look..the newer Vossens are 30mm, mine are 35mm..big difference
Inspection works sometimes this way: Every two years an inspection is required. Owners make sure it is in the winter time and with winter tires and without spacers

Great idea! Paint it black: I see a red caliper and won't it painted black