Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the LS600h L model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the LS600h. Please use the main 4LS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation LS models.

A True Lexus Enthusiast: Our Friend with an LS600HL from Hanover Germany.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-11, 03:16 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

whitetooth, um, ok (no idea what your post is about)
Old 10-24-11, 04:51 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i assume there's no license required if you buy a dtm sports/luxury car that is already modified by the dealer/manufacturer (ie: amg, M, ruf, etc, etc).
Old 10-24-11, 08:44 PM
VIP Auto Salon
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
whitetooth, um, ok (no idea what your post is about)
Actually Whitetooth is our German Friend from Hanover Ahahahaha!
Old 10-24-11, 08:45 PM
VIP Auto Salon
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Stormforge
i assume there's no license required if you buy a dtm sports/luxury car that is already modified by the dealer/manufacturer (ie: amg, M, ruf, etc, etc).

Yeah all that stuff has undergone TUEV approval. It would be like us being limited to only buying a Saleen Mustang or a Rousch Mustangs if we wanted something with a little more kick.
Old 10-25-11, 09:33 AM
lamar411
Pole Position

that's a really nice car. Lots of dedication to have to get all those licenses just to mod the LS. :thumbup
Old 10-26-11, 03:06 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
it's not that hot/sunny in germany, so tints aren't as big a deal.
True that Germany isn't that hot and sunny unlike sunny SoCal. However tints can be also used for privacy.
Old 10-26-11, 10:54 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VIP Auto Salon
Actually Whitetooth is our German Friend from Hanover Ahahahaha!
Good luck with your project whitetooth.
Old 10-27-11, 05:14 AM
YviE
Lexus Test Driver

I know first-hand it's super difficult to mod your car in Europe. In France it's easier though. I had my GS3 registered there for a couple of years since I lived close to the French border. So it was perfectly legal to drive with my Tein S-techs. Now my car is registered in Belgium but still on S-techs. But if I ever get pulled over, I would probably be fined for having lowered my car without certification and kicked out by the insurance company.
Old 10-27-11, 05:27 AM
KiyomiF
Driver

Awesome project! Good luck Whitetooth... Can't wait to see the progress. By the way, how long does it take to get each license?
Old 10-27-11, 03:48 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Jetfire
Good luck with your project whitetooth.
Originally Posted by KiyomiF
Awesome project! Good luck Whitetooth... Can't wait to see the progress. By the way, how long does it take to get each license?
Thanks for keeping the fingers crossed. I will post when it is finished but it takes time. I don't think it is ready before next spring. I hope the aprons are legal after checking the installation based on an individual approval. This would take minutes only. I'm not sure with the WALD fenders as a different material has a different stability.
Old 06-13-12, 01:37 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Originally Posted by whitetooth
Thanks for keeping the fingers crossed. I will post when it is finished but it takes time. I don't think it is ready before next spring. I hope the aprons are legal after checking the installation based on an individual approval. This would take minutes only. I'm not sure with the WALD fenders as a different material has a different stability.
Believe it or not, now I own the licence to ride a LS600 with WALD parts and Vossen wheels!

It tooks more as 7 months to sort it out. The shipment from Japan to US and to Europe was a long journey. Murphy's law worked in really every step, started by the fact that my credit card was blocked just to protect me. Release procedure #1

German customs didn't believe that it is private. I subscribed a form and that was: Release procedure #2

WALD parts: My paint shop first damaged the front bumper and mounted it with the glued WALD apron and painted nearly the whole car in brown (there was scratches I wanted to be removed while it is at painter's)! Not bad, but the car was originally black, and, I like it in black. I'm NOT kidding! For sure, they painted it again and for sure free of charge. But the LS600 is neither an oldtimer with 20 layers over the years nor a piano which has such a lot by design. Oh my painter, the car is now unique in many cases.

I bought the WALD side skirts, tested it, and, removed it! The beautiful and classic LS600 is not made for such things,

Wheels: I was not sure whether riding on 22's or 24's is the right decision and what wheels comes with a certificate, a must have in old Germany.

I choosed VOSSEN 22's (22x9.5, offset 35 around) and Vredestein Sessanta 265/30/22. What do you think? Yes, it failed: The workshop installed 265/35/22 without telling me and now I know the sound of rubbing. Back to start, do it again and try harder I thought. Right, a second 150 miles trip to the workshop, and all is done.

Now needed, the licence for all. German TUEV please give it to me!!! No, they said, there are part numbers on the WALD body kit. Tell me the numbers and you get the licence to keep WALD on your car! Can't be true, really not, I talked to myself. The numbers are on the revers of the parts and they parts are, stop where are they? Do you know the answer? Murphy's law? Yes, Murphy's law, they are already glued, no chance to remove. I called the painter and got his answer. Is it on VIP Autosalon's invoice? No, it is not on it, my god!

To make a long story short, here are pictures of her. Height level set to high in photographer's shots.

Lowered with datasystem controller follows. I nstalled the controller hours ago. No need to say that changing the height is not working. Manual is in Japanese and I imported directly from Japan. Anybody out there and sends me the English version? PM please, PM please...

Old 06-13-12, 02:55 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Wow, that's a lot of process to just install wheels and bodykit.
Car is beautiful, I guess well worth the trouble to have an unique LS!

Good luck on the datasystem installation, who did it for you? It's pretty straight forward, I did mine in 1 hour. But since it has been more than 3 years, I don't remember it anymore.

Hope someone else here has an English version of the manaual available.
Old 06-13-12, 03:29 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 109 Likes on 80 Posts

looks beautiful! Congrats!
Old 06-13-12, 10:07 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Awesome update! Car looks great!
Old 06-14-12, 12:17 AM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Originally Posted by blacksc400
Wow, that's a lot of process to just install wheels and bodykit.
Car is beautiful, I guess well worth the trouble to have an unique LS!

Good luck on the datasystem installation, who did it for you? It's pretty straight forward, I did mine in 1 hour. But since it has been more than 3 years, I don't remember it anymore.

Hope someone else here has an English version of the manaual available.
Great to read the positive feedback! If it would not be a challenge it would not be that interesting for me.

I did the datasystem as well as the Vaistech ML+ /TV installation by myself. All is plug'n'play re. the cables but all needs an initialisation. Unfortunately the European and U.S. car spec is different and there is a remaining risk that it is not working in Europe. Many risks many fun.

Quick Reply: A True Lexus Enthusiast: Our Friend with an LS600HL from Hanover Germany.