LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Pics with New Wald Fenders

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-11, 11:36 AM
DMike
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pics with New Wald Fenders

Had some requests to post these pics....so here they are. I ended up switch to the europen version on the fender accents and changed the color of the light in the fender accent to an 8K LED to match the other lights in the front.
Attached Thumbnails Pics with New Wald Fenders-img_0623.jpg   Pics with New Wald Fenders-img_0609.jpg   Pics with New Wald Fenders-img_0616.jpg   Pics with New Wald Fenders-img_0620.jpg  

Last edited by DMike; 10-09-11 at 11:43 AM.
Old 10-09-11, 12:03 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DMike
Had some requests to post these pics....so here they are. I ended up switch to the europen version on the fender accents and changed the color of the light in the fender accent to an 8K LED to match the other lights in the front.
Thanks that you listened to the requests! Are there two types of WALD fenders, European and US? I like to buy these but I'm not sure whether it is possible to keep them clean. Are the fenders closed or with holes? How about the front/rear apron, side skirts from WALD, are you going to add later?
Old 10-09-11, 02:50 PM
GSP David
Pole Position

how much did these bad boys run you??
Old 10-09-11, 10:18 PM
DMike
Driver School Candidate

To respond to a couple questions....They were around 3 grand and the painting and installation was another grand. The only thing I have from Wald is the fenders and dont plan on doing anything else as far as the exterior. Might possibly upgrade to the 2010 side mirrors. The european version is just the metal insert in the middle. The european version came with the light, the normal one is just mesh in the middle. I think the actual fenders only come in one style, but im not sure.
Old 10-10-11, 02:56 PM
BAUSauto
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That look very nice! You should get some LED upgrade as well! or custom headlight!!
Old 10-10-11, 06:11 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

is it just me or front looks way higher than rear??
do you have AWD by any chance??
BTW fender is gangsta!!!!
Old 10-10-11, 07:01 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I know you diodn't ask for cittiques but I'm not feeling the grill. It's too blingy for my taste. The car needs to be lowered too.
I kinda like the fenders though I prefer one vent intead of 2.

Overall it's a nice car. Even the mods I'm not fond of does go well together to make a theme.
Old 10-10-11, 07:06 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

^^What he said
Old 10-10-11, 07:33 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

cant expect to put up pictures without some critiques, I like it the overall look but there are some things that need to get tweaked. love the car though. maybe color match the grill and leave a little bit of chrome.
Old 10-10-11, 08:45 PM
DMike
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ice350
I know you diodn't ask for cittiques but I'm not feeling the grill. It's too blingy for my taste. The car needs to be lowered too.
I kinda like the fenders though I prefer one vent intead of 2.

Overall it's a nice car. Even the mods I'm not fond of does go well together to make a theme.
Yeah, the problem with the grill is that the surounding chrome is just too bold/wide...but I still like it better than the OEM grill. And it does need to be lowered. I just havent been able to find someone I trust to do it without messing something up. Im in NC...LOL.
Old 10-10-11, 08:54 PM
DMike
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lextrician
cant expect to put up pictures without some critiques, I like it the overall look but there are some things that need to get tweaked. love the car though. maybe color match the grill and leave a little bit of chrome.
Like I mentioned on my previous response, I agree on the grill...its a little flamboyant. I think the color match is a good idea and by the way I did color match the mesh and did color match the chrome piece underneath the Lex emblem. I actually told the body shop to leave the round piece underneath the emblem chrome and to paint the lexus emblem white. That would have been a unique look but we miscommunicated.

Overall, I am happy with it...and the mods are really all about how we like them on our own cars...bottom line. Of course compliments are nice, but critiquing and opinions dont bother me in the slightest...I guess mainly because I usually somewhat agree with other opinions and can at least understand and respect other angles. I am a very open-minded person and dont get defensive very often.

Last edited by DMike; 10-10-11 at 09:24 PM. Reason: typo's
Old 10-10-11, 09:02 PM
GSP David
Pole Position

Asanti's grille doesnt go right with the car. It's too blang blang. doesn't have the classy VIP look.
Old 10-10-11, 09:12 PM
DMike
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GSP David
Asanti's grille doesnt go right with the car. It's too blang blang. doesn't have the classy VIP look.
Yeah its bling bling, blang blang, and blong blong
Old 10-10-11, 09:21 PM
GSP David
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DMike
Yeah its bling bling, blang blang, and blong blong
haha. we're just giving you a hard time cause your car is nice
Old 10-10-11, 09:27 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Nice fenders, a drop will round it off.
Looking forward to your next set of pictures.

Quick Reply: Pics with New Wald Fenders