LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

My LS sitting on 24's fixing to under go series mods this weekend :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-11, 03:05 PM
AJ.STYLEZ
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Y Cali, Florida, Miami rides with bigg rims?? I was in Florida for the 4th of July weekend. So I'm on the strip watching alot of differents cars rolling threw with big @ss rims. I'm like ur r real serious about yours bigg rims down there!! Lol. Have you ever thought about dropping it alittle more?? Get the Hella flush look??
Old 08-22-11, 03:12 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by brmcvay
Yes I am a female.. I have never really been into cars until the last year in a half.. I owe it all to my best friend he had taught me alot & has made me look at cars in a whole new look..
please talk to said friend about the importance of quality wheel choice
Old 08-22-11, 04:29 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Unhappy

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
please talk to said friend about the importance of quality wheel choice
Why she already has a set of 3 piece forged wheels? What are you saying Forgiato isn't a quality wheel choice? They are better than cast wheels any day. Sorry there not imported from Japan
Old 08-22-11, 07:12 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

top dollar wheels right there, 3 piece forged????? is top dollar anywhere you look..
Old 08-23-11, 07:05 AM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

Its been my experience that here in florida the popular belief is that bigger is always better.. i disagree but to each his own...its always entertaining to see the lengths people go thru to put 24's an up on vehicles that cant support them.. but if BRMCVAY was able to do so without any crazy mods making it unsafe more power to her....(forgiato's are by no means cheap and are def a quality wheel)

lets not discourage the young lady for doin it big....

leaders lead for a reason....
Old 08-23-11, 09:34 AM
eddie_k_
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, I would have thought they'd be too big but they look really good!
Good job man!
Old 08-23-11, 10:12 AM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

I've been to a lot of places outside of Florida and its a trend that catching on about huge rims on cars but I feel like that LS has a sence of class to it even with the bigger wheels. We roll on 22s and lower the car to make the wheel well fit to the size of the wheel. With 24s, it seems you dont have to lower it. The wheels fit the entire wheel well.

BTW, Georgia, Tennesee, Mississippi, Alabama, Texas, Louisiana and North and South Carolina are quickly taking on the huge rim look. Or as my son calls them, the monster cars.
Old 08-23-11, 10:18 AM
brmcvay
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I originally went to buy wheels I was going the whole 22's with lowering springs.. I even ordered the lowering springs from Megan Racing which I still have in my spare room.. And the day I placed my order I went with the 24's so I would not have to do any modifications to the suspension.. In which I am happy with..
Originally Posted by 305Busa
I've been to a lot of places outside of Florida and its a trend that catching on about huge rims on cars but I feel like that LS has a sence of class to it even with the bigger wheels. We roll on 22s and lower the car to make the wheel well fit to the size of the wheel. With 24s, it seems you dont have to lower it. The wheels fit the entire wheel well.

BTW, Georgia, Tennesee, Mississippi, Alabama, Texas, Louisiana and North and South Carolina are quickly taking on the huge rim look. Or as my son calls them, the monster cars.
Old 08-23-11, 10:20 AM
brmcvay
Rookie

Thx I had them custom built to ensure the perfect fit & look, BTW I'm a lady

Originally Posted by eddie_k_
Wow, I would have thought they'd be too big but they look really good!
Good job man!
Old 08-23-11, 11:37 AM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by brmcvay
Thx I had them custom built to ensure the perfect fit & look, BTW I'm a lady
what???? 24s and its a lady
Old 08-23-11, 11:43 AM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Ditch the chrome pillars, too much chrome. You have enough chrome on the car with the chrome 24s. I'd say ditch the blacked out tails too. Other than that, the LS looks good so far.

Welcome to CL by the way
Old 08-23-11, 12:05 PM
brmcvay
Rookie

Lmao Thx..

Originally Posted by LIMS407
what???? 24s and its a lady
Old 08-23-11, 12:09 PM
brmcvay
Rookie

Thx for the imput.. I think it looks alittle vare without them.. But we all have our own opinion which keeps us all set apart... And thanks for the welcome I appreciate it..

Originally Posted by mex lex
Ditch the chrome pillars, too much chrome. You have enough chrome on the car with the chrome 24s. I'd say ditch the blacked out tails too. Other than that, the LS looks good so far.

Welcome to CL by the way
Old 08-23-11, 12:14 PM
brmcvay
Rookie

Default Update

Here are More Pics
Attached Thumbnails My LS sitting on 24's fixing to under go series mods this weekend :)-1000000032.jpg   My LS sitting on 24's fixing to under go series mods this weekend :)-1000000027.jpg   My LS sitting on 24's fixing to under go series mods this weekend :)-1000000039.jpg   My LS sitting on 24's fixing to under go series mods this weekend :)-1000000025.jpg   My LS sitting on 24's fixing to under go series mods this weekend :)-1000000029.jpg  

Old 08-23-11, 12:36 PM
brmcvay
Rookie

Is this in Orlando/Clermont area you saw me? Yes I was there a couple weeks ago. Haha Thats crazy! Thank you for the kind compliments. Some prefer 22" lowered which also looks incredible. My car is Certified and I just didnt want to do anything to void my 100k warranty.

i dont think the sprint booster will help the acceleration but it does get rid of the pedal delay of the start.. it may make a difference from dead stops..

i think i saw u on Old Winter Garden Rd near Mercy dr (few weeks ago) if so... ur car looks awesome in person....wheels have that real chopping effect while in motion...sexy!! cant wait to see whats next...[/QUOTE]

Quick Reply: My LS sitting on 24's fixing to under go series mods this weekend :)