LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

New Tires / Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-11, 06:50 AM
chow70
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Tires / Need Advice

I need advice on new tires for my 07' LS460. My current tires which are 18' Falken, were awful. I need a tire that you guys can recommend that is a good tire for the LS, but won't rape me in the rear at the bank either. If you can direct me who to call / website, that'd be awesome. All help is appreciated.

Chow
Old 08-19-11, 08:56 AM
telmz1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

tirerack.com. Continental ExtremeContact DW, only $185/each.
Old 08-19-11, 11:17 AM
Nick2JZ
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just ordered Bridgestone Turanza Serenity, because Comfort & quiet was my top priority.
Old 08-19-11, 12:41 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick2JZ
I just ordered Bridgestone Turanza Serenity, because Comfort & quiet was my top priority.
I would go with these if you are on stock wheels. I would only go with the Continentals if the car is on 22's and you need a durable tire. The contis are great but no as quiet as a stock tire
Old 08-19-11, 01:09 PM
cmasten
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Bridgestone Turanza Serenity

best tire I have ever owned.. its amazingly smooth and grip y.
Old 08-19-11, 04:57 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

yep, i have bridge-stones on my stockers and they are great...2nd choice would be the Conti's
Old 08-20-11, 05:24 AM
chow70
Rookie

Much thanks boys...... for the help.
Old 08-21-11, 04:51 PM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

I now have put 3000 miles on my Pirelli P Zero Nero tires. The primary reason I picked them is Tire Rack had them as their top rated tire in 2009 and 2010, and they finished 2nd in 2011 (Consumer Reports also had them top rated, but I put less weight on that). Their comment of what they liked best in their 2011 test was "ultimate dry and wet traction". This was the most important factor to me. I don't push the car to its limits on dry roads, but I definitely do on wet roads. I wanted the tire that would perform best under these conditions. The wet traction is superior to any tire I have tried on my 1995 Infiniti Q45a (188,000 miles), and not even close to the Bridgestone Turanza that came with the LS.

The Pirellis are not the best for ride comfort, but I feel the LS provides more than I need in that category. They are also noisier than the Bridgestones, but then I'm always cranking up the ML so I don't hear them any way!

Tip: Don't buy online from Tire Rack. Get a Rep, build a relationship and deal with him/her on the phone. They will give you a better price than what is listed online.
Old 08-25-11, 03:56 PM
larrygust
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by chow70
Much thanks boys...... for the help.
I would recommend Bridgestone Tauranza or Michelin MXM4. Both are smooth and quiet. I have run goth of these. I was able to get a set of new Michelins on eBay for $660. I have bought my last 2 sets on eBay.
Old 09-06-11, 03:16 PM
Opaline460
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
I now have put 3000 miles on my Pirelli P Zero Nero tires. The primary reason I picked them is Tire Rack had them as their top rated tire in 2009 and 2010, and they finished 2nd in 2011 (Consumer Reports also had them top rated, but I put less weight on that). Their comment of what they liked best in their 2011 test was "ultimate dry and wet traction". This was the most important factor to me. I don't push the car to its limits on dry roads, but I definitely do on wet roads. I wanted the tire that would perform best under these conditions. The wet traction is superior to any tire I have tried on my 1995 Infiniti Q45a (188,000 miles), and not even close to the Bridgestone Turanza that came with the LS.

The Pirellis are not the best for ride comfort, but I feel the LS provides more than I need in that category. They are also noisier than the Bridgestones, but then I'm always cranking up the ML so I don't hear them any way!

Tip: Don't buy online from Tire Rack. Get a Rep, build a relationship and deal with him/her on the phone. They will give you a better price than what is listed online.
i jus got bought them on ebay from discounttiredirect for 605 w/ free shipping, great tires!!
Old 09-06-11, 05:00 PM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Nospinzone

have/had them on our LS for about ~20K miles so far..

good tires.. not SUPER quiet.. but quiet enough..

price is great..
Old 09-07-11, 08:21 AM
Mikey100
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would recommend Bridgestone Tauranza or Michelin MXM4. Both are smooth and quiet. I have run goth of these. I was able to get a set of new Michelins on eBay for $660. I have bought my last 2 sets on eBay.

I am totally with Larrygust on this one.

We LOVE our Michelin MXM4's ! Provided for free, all new, by JM Lexus. And they perform superbly !!!!! SUPER quiet also !

If ya look around, a lot of peeps like this tire in particular for our beloved LS460's.

Our Best to all .....

Mikey
Lake Oconee, GA

Old 09-07-11, 08:32 AM
stanatl
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought the Michelin Primacy MXM$'s to replace the garbage Bridgestone EL42's that came with the car. I took them off well before it was necessary because the wet traction was so bad that I though they were unsafe.

The MXM4's have performed great. Really good wet/dry traction and very quiet as well.

Regarding the Conti Extreme Contact, I may be mistaken but I believe there have been some posts about drifting with these. You might want to do a search.
Old 09-07-11, 01:53 PM
sellshomes
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Mikey100

I am totally with Larrygust on this one.

We LOVE our Michelin MXM4's ! Provided for free, all new, by JM Lexus. And they perform superbly !!!!! SUPER quiet also !

If ya look around, a lot of peeps like this tire in particular for our beloved LS460's.

Our Best to all .....

Mikey
Lake Oconee, GA

Provided free, by JM Lexus, how?
Old 09-07-11, 07:14 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

any right hand drift with the Michelin MXM4??

Quick Reply: New Tires / Need Advice