LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Audio ??

Old 07-09-11, 09:46 PM
wrisperj
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio ??

Is there a trick to making the sound system sound like it should. I feel like its not loud enough. Whats the trick/settings if any to get HIP HOP/R&B to bang?
Old 07-09-11, 11:09 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Do you have the mark levinson sound system or the base premium sound system? I usually have low mids and high bass and treble.
Old 07-10-11, 07:06 AM
JFNash
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Factors that affect the sound quality:

Mark Levinson or standard sound system: ML has 19 speakers and great amplifier whereas the standard system has only 10 speakers. ML wins obviously.

Original music files quality: audio DVD ranks first, then comes MP3 files where studio quality (320 bit if I'm not mistaken) is at top of mp3 files followed by lower bit rate files. The higher the better. But obviously nothing matches audio DVD's.

Music source: Are you playing off your iPod/iPhone/iThing? Or you're using some other source? From my experience, iThings tend to have better quality than other devices by other makers. I tried to play music off my Dell Venue Pro phone, which sucked big time (and the volume was very low as if I was playing music on my iPhone's speaker). So the source that plays your music files makes a difference. I prefer to use a USB thumb drive (read on).

Music transmission medium: What are you using? CD? DVD? iPhone through aux cable? iPhone through FM transmitter? iPhone through bluetooth?
I use (and I strongly recommend) to use VAISTech's VML as a medium where you can plug in an iPod/iPhone or even a USB drive and play music off it. The sound quality is superior to anything I've ever tried. I can't break it down to you technically as I don't know exactly why, but the difference is so obvious that you cannot go back to old ways of CD's/aux/fm transmitter and whatnot.

Finally comes the sound settings on the nav screen. But that's neither the biggest nor the first thing to think about and play with. It's in fact the last thing to do imo.
Old 07-10-11, 11:43 AM
rolloman
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use (and I strongly recommend) to use VAISTech's VML as a medium where you can plug in an iPod/iPhone or even a USB drive and play music off it.

JNash,

I'm considering purchasing the Vaistech ML+ system. Does your reverse camera function correctly with the system installed? Evidentally, that's been a problem. I depend on the camera more than I thought I would. It would probably be a deal breaker for me. Thanks.
Old 07-10-11, 11:54 AM
JFNash
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rolloman
I use (and I strongly recommend) to use VAISTech's VML as a medium where you can plug in an iPod/iPhone or even a USB drive and play music off it.

JNash,

I'm considering purchasing the Vaistech ML+ system. Does your reverse camera function correctly with the system installed? Evidentally, that's been a problem. I depend on the camera more than I thought I would. It would probably be a deal breaker for me. Thanks.
I checked with VAISTech guys and they told me that the issue with the back-up camera still persists. So I decided to get the VML to enjoy they superior sound quality minus the camera problems. It's been 10 days since I installed it, and I've had not a single issue. Everything is working as it should.

Hope that helps.