LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Pairing Iphone 4 with LS460

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-11, 11:54 AM
germ
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pairing Iphone 4 with LS460

Greetings,
I'm able to pair my Iphone 4 with my LS460. When I turn off the car or start the car the pairing will not remain.

Any suggestions as to what's wrong

Thanks
Old 05-15-11, 12:56 PM
vancouverl
Driver

you should clear all phones in the system and pair it again make sure you have auto connect enabled .i have an iphone 4 no problems ,you can not transfer contacts.
Old 05-15-11, 04:44 PM
germ
Driver School Candidate

Thanks,

That worked!
Old 05-15-11, 04:49 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

yeah. It sounds like it was looking for the previous phone. BTW congrats on the iphone 4. They are BIG TIME
Old 05-15-11, 06:08 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

the only problem that i have with it was to snyc contacts to it... but no problem with pairing... i have it jailbroken with the sbsettings option and its really easy to turn the bluetooth on and off...it usually pairs with-in a minute or two
Old 05-16-11, 05:25 AM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

I dont think the contacts will sync with the LS. I drove around for 2 hours and it didnt sync the contacts. Id also read other threads where the iphones were having probles with contact sync.
Old 05-16-11, 07:07 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

I have an iPhone 4 and a 3G before that and how I transferred the contacts via BT was with my old Palm Treo. I put all of the new contact info in the Treo paired it with the car then transferred the contacts viola! So iPhone users find an old phone with BT and load your contacts that way vs manually, this will save you a lot of time.
Old 12-19-12, 10:10 AM
SigFrog
Driver School Candidate

I have a related problem. I have an LS460 2011 with the Navigation and use Verizon iPhone 4S. I can pair it without problem, and also download the contacts.
My problem is that sometimes the phone contacts, and speed dials go blank and I have to re-enter them - only to loose them again (not always consistently).
Why doesn't the data stay put? Any suggestions on what I can do?
I think I will try to load the data via a different phone, but I'm confused on what is going on. This wasn't a problem when I first got the car.
Old 12-19-12, 01:20 PM
stanatl
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SigFrog
I have a related problem. I have an LS460 2011 with the Navigation and use Verizon iPhone 4S. I can pair it without problem, and also download the contacts.
My problem is that sometimes the phone contacts, and speed dials go blank and I have to re-enter them - only to loose them again (not always consistently).
Why doesn't the data stay put? Any suggestions on what I can do?
I think I will try to load the data via a different phone, but I'm confused on what is going on. This wasn't a problem when I first got the car.
I also have a 2011 LS with NAV and have the same problem with my iPhone 5. I had it as well with my 4S but hoped it would go away when I upgraded the phone - it didn't. The phone pairs fine and downloads all contacts in seconds. It then pairs without problem for a week or 2 and then I will turn on the car an the phone is not paired. I have to go through the pairing/contact download/speed dial settings all over again. Spoke to my SA about this and she said that Lexus is aware of the situation and it only happens with the iPhone. I am not turning off my wi-fi on the phone before getting in the car to see if that helps. It never happens when car is running and the phone is paired - only when i turn on the engine. Very weird!
Old 12-19-12, 02:06 PM
jmcraney

Received 254 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by stanatl
I also have a 2011 LS with NAV and have the same problem with my iPhone 5. I had it as well with my 4S but hoped it would go away when I upgraded the phone - it didn't. The phone pairs fine and downloads all contacts in seconds. It then pairs without problem for a week or 2 and then I will turn on the car an the phone is not paired. I have to go through the pairing/contact download/speed dial settings all over again. Spoke to my SA about this and she said that Lexus is aware of the situation and it only happens with the iPhone. I am not turning off my wi-fi on the phone before getting in the car to see if that helps. It never happens when car is running and the phone is paired - only when i turn on the engine. Very weird!
What is probably happening to you is your phone is not making a BT connection to the car, or a different phone is connected to the car. The contacts and speed dial only display for the connected phone So, no phone connected - no speed dial displayed and no contacts displayed (that stuff is not lost or forgotten, it is just not displayed). If a different phone that does't have speed dial or contacts loaded is connected then the contacts and speed dial are empty. I have '07 LS460 and an iPhone 4 and I don't have any problems. If the car connects to another phone, such as one in your house, and then you move out of range, it will not try to connect to a different phone until you turn the ignition off and back on.

You can easily tell which phone, or if a phone is connected, through the display screen. If you need some help with that let me know.

Last edited by jmcraney; 12-19-12 at 02:11 PM.
Old 12-19-12, 02:10 PM
stanatl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jmcraney
What is probably happening to you is your phone is not making a BT connection to the car, or a different phone is connected to the car. The contacts and speed dial only display for the connected phone So, no phone connected - no speed dial displayed and no contacts displayed (that stuff is not lost or forgotten, it is just not displayed). If a different phone that does't have speed dial or contacts loaded is connected then the contacts and speed dial are empty. I have '07 LS460 and an iPhone 4 and I don't have any problems. If the car connects to another phone, such as one in your house, and then you move out of range, it will not try to connect to a different phone until you turn the ignition off and back on.
I understand what you're saying but my phone is the only one that has ever been connected to the car. The car still has my phone in the listing but the bluetooth connection for some reason doesn't work sometimes when the car is started. The phone has to be re-paired and the contacts re-loaded every time it happens. The issue is sporadic with my car and, from what I gather, does not happen witih every LS.
Old 12-19-12, 02:21 PM
jmcraney

Received 254 Likes on 194 Posts

WiFi works on the same frequency and can interfere in some situations. I usually have my phone WiFi on and don't encounter problems. Are you carrying some sort of WiFi device other than your phone? This can also be symptomatic of Radio Frequency Interference - do you encounter this problem at the same locations? The next time you have this problem you should use your touch screen to determine if a phone is connected and if your phone is available to be connected. The screen function for this is locked by "car in motion" so you would have to stop.
Old 12-19-12, 06:25 PM
dochusar
Pole Position

I have the iPhone 5 currently and have no problem connecting and downloading contacts from the phone in real time. This became standard on the 2013 models, and I love it -- quite similar to the European manufacturers. The only problem is when I drive my 2011 CT and 2012 IS Conv that I have to manually download the contacts to the car each time I make changes on the phone. Another really nice feature is the ability to read text messages on the LS using the iPhone 5 with OS6.
Old 12-20-12, 06:13 AM
stanatl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jmcraney
WiFi works on the same frequency and can interfere in some situations. I usually have my phone WiFi on and don't encounter problems. Are you carrying some sort of WiFi device other than your phone? This can also be symptomatic of Radio Frequency Interference - do you encounter this problem at the same locations? The next time you have this problem you should use your touch screen to determine if a phone is connected and if your phone is available to be connected. The screen function for this is locked by "car in motion" so you would have to stop.
Thanks for the reply. Nope - no other WiFi device other than my phone. Happens at different locations - has happened at work, home and at the golf course I play at (the specific location that I can remember). I have previously gone into the set up screen and checked and the phone is availalbe to be connected but simply isn't. No other phone is either connected or availailable to be connected. By the way - I had a typo in a previous e-mail and meant to say that I am NOW turning off my WiFi when before I get in the car to see if that helps the problem.
Old 12-20-12, 06:42 AM
Patric
Pole Position

I have an 07 and my i phone 4S paired OK but would not transfer contacts so I had to enter them manually.

Quick Reply: Pairing Iphone 4 with LS460