LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

llumar air 80 blue ceramic tint photos

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-11, 10:34 AM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default llumar air 80 blue ceramic tint photos

hey all,
i couldn't find any installed photos of this tint at all before i decided to have it done; here are a few i took yesterday afternoon after a couple days of curing time.

this is llumar air 80 blue, which has a 78% VLT, 99.9% UV rejection, 40-something % heat rejection, etc., etc. you can find more information about the tint on llumar's website.

this was the right choice for me 'cause i don't like having dark tint -- i can't see anything at night with it on. this tint rejects more heat than llumar's basic 5% limo tint (which is absurd imo -- technology is crazy). the only downside is price -- this film costs similarly to huper optik, but it was worth every penny.

i had norman at vip tint + glass in murrieta do the work -- they were the only shop confident enough to touch my 600h with the rear side sunshades. a few other shops told me they couldn't do my car, haha.

anyway, this tint is highly recommended if you can swing the cost
Old 04-27-11, 04:48 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

looks good, if you dont mind me asking what was the price difference??? or how much did it run you?
Old 04-27-11, 05:00 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lextrician
looks good, if you dont mind me asking what was the price difference??? or how much did it run you?
tint like this is going to run you between $5-700, depending on how many windows you want tinted haha. that's why i said it wasn't cheap... -____-
Old 04-27-11, 05:21 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

i did 30% on doors and rear & 50%on windshield... cost $350 they call it nano-ceramic.. no metal.. so no signal interruption for smart phones.....
Old 04-27-11, 05:33 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Shibumi1
i did 30% on doors and rear & 50%on windshield... cost $350 they call it nano-ceramic.. no metal.. so no signal interruption for smart phones.....
this is a ceramic tint too -- it's almost as good as huper optik (i think) but the color is a lot better, imo
Old 04-27-11, 05:38 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

i agree it gives a slightly blue hue to the outside.. seems a lot clearer like my polarized Ray-bans.. i love it
Old 04-27-11, 06:17 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cheez80
tint like this is going to run you between $5-700, depending on how many windows you want tinted haha. that's why i said it wasn't cheap... -____-
That's cool as long as it is done right I don't mind spending cash on quality, can cheap out on things on the lex.
Old 04-27-11, 07:11 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lextrician
That's cool as long as it is done right I don't mind spending cash on quality, can cheap out on things on the lex.
which is why i drove freaking 90 miles and went to norman's shop -- he has a good reputation and every other tint shop is scared to tint these. sigh. haha
Old 04-27-11, 09:44 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

hmmm this is interesting.... im planning on tinting soon (its getting hot as F#$% in florida now) and im not sure i want to go with something dark again...and i think its amazing that it blocks more heat than 5% (which is what i had on my last car LOL) i need to find somebody in florida to do this cuz this is probably what im going to end up doing since its so freakin awsum

anybody in FL know any worthy shops??
Old 04-27-11, 10:05 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by adamls2
hmmm this is interesting.... im planning on tinting soon (its getting hot as F#$% in florida now) and im not sure i want to go with something dark again...and i think its amazing that it blocks more heat than 5% (which is what i had on my last car LOL) i need to find somebody in florida to do this cuz this is probably what im going to end up doing since its so freakin awsum

anybody in FL know any worthy shops??
adam, you can also look into huper optik and 3m crystalline as well (what i got is the llumar air 80) -- those are the two other high-end films that are light and can block similar amounts of heat. i think 3m offers an even clearer film than this (78% VLT), which is absurd.
Old 04-28-11, 05:22 AM
BBS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what makes this better than normal tint?
Old 04-28-11, 05:39 AM
JFNash
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Where is the GPS receiver located?
Does the LS460 have a phone antenna like what the BMW's have?

The reason I'm asking is that I've always suspected (for no good reason) the GPS receiver is either in the windshield or in the rear glass so I skipped those two glasses when I tinted my car.
Old 04-28-11, 05:46 AM
gb403
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure where you live in Fl. but I used Flyingwindowtinter in Longwood on my 08 LS using a ceramic legal tint and they did a great job.
Old 04-28-11, 07:23 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gb403
I'm not sure where you live in Fl. but I used Flyingwindowtinter in Longwood on my 08 LS using a ceramic legal tint and they did a great job.
im currently in jacksonville but im willing to drive around for a good rep shop..
Old 04-28-11, 08:17 AM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BBS
what makes this better than normal tint?
it's super light (78% VLT) but blocks out more heat than limo tint (5% VLT), so you get all of the heat rejection benefits of a dark tint while staying legal (california will allow you to put 78% and above VLT tint on front side windows); it's also super baller, which is always a plus

Originally Posted by JFNash
Where is the GPS receiver located?
Does the LS460 have a phone antenna like what the BMW's have?

The reason I'm asking is that I've always suspected (for no good reason) the GPS receiver is either in the windshield or in the rear glass so I skipped those two glasses when I tinted my car.
this tint doesn't have any metal in it, so it shouldn't interfere with any electronic signals from inside the car (gps, radio, cell phone, etc). every piece of glass in my car is tinted, including the sunroof and front windshield (ooooo naughty) and i haven't had any issues.

Quick Reply: llumar air 80 blue ceramic tint photos