LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

08 LS460L at Lexus Dealer for 2 weeks already! WTF???

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-11, 12:30 PM
Ramik80
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 LS460L at Lexus Dealer for 2 weeks already! WTF???

Hello,

Just bought a 08 LS460L with 30K on it and decided to take it to dealer cause I felt a very light vibration when car is at idle. Lexus of Manhattan - they advised me that the 2 motor mounts will have to be replaced (covered by warrenty of course) so I said ok then go ahead and replace them, then they told me that the front right air shock needs to be replaced as well (covered by warrenty of course) and I said ok go ahead and do that as well.

Its now 2 weeks since the car has been in the dealership - they advise me that parts are on order and that they dont know how long it will be before the parts come in due to the disaster in Japan...... I have a loaner car but still - I cant even drive the car I bought because they cant get parts.... WTF has anyone else ever experience such a long wait on there car from the dealership?

Thanks Guys - Rami
Old 04-25-11, 02:56 PM
edarte
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I understand you wanting to get your hands back on your new LS but, as has been well publicized, the parts pipeline from Japan has been severely disrupted due to the disasters in Japan.

I also suspect, that depending on the required part, some owners have experienced no delay in repairs while others are waiting like you.

If your car is just sitting at the dealer and has not had a lot of disassembly done to it, have you thought about asking for the car back until the parts arrive? It may be a while before the parts due arrive.

Last edited by edarte; 04-25-11 at 02:57 PM. Reason: correction
Old 04-25-11, 03:11 PM
Driver School Candidate

I am really sorry the inconvenience the disaster and the nuclear fallout in Japan have caused you. Cut them some slacks. We all know there's parts and autos shortage coming out of Japan, it's all understandable. You have your loaner, even though it may not be as nice as an LS460, it's not like you're stranded and your LS doesn't put on mileages nor subject to wear and tear while waiting for parts.
Old 04-25-11, 05:30 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

hey, ride out the loaner..your benefit is "no miles are being put on YOUR car"...so roll with it man, it could of been a lot worse and that you had to pay for all these repairs that would be stupid expensive on your own..
Old 04-25-11, 06:28 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

i wouldnt mind a loaner for awhile :P
Old 04-25-11, 07:07 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
hey, ride out the loaner..your benefit is "no miles are being put on YOUR car"...so roll with it man, it could of been a lot worse and that you had to pay for all these repairs that would be stupid expensive on your own..
yep, i'm racking up the miles like crazy on my 600 so i've been finding excuses to drop the car off at the lexus dealer . i have an es350 loaner tonight haha
Old 04-25-11, 07:30 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts

I wouldn't be too worried as i have had to wait a week or so for parts. With all the stuff happening in Japan right now, I'd be more than willing to be patient if i had a loaner.

If you miss your car, i bet you would be able to get it back until the parts arrive as i know my Lexus dealer tends to run out of loaner cars.
Old 04-25-11, 10:28 PM
Ramik80
Driver School Candidate

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the input - The car is available if I would like to take it out. I dont think they did much work to it... They first did the 30K maint... on it and then I told to put new tires on the car - The dealer tells me that they will not put new tires on the car nor will they do a wheel alignment until they change the front right air shock because they dont want the tires to wear differently. Which I understand. So I figurered I just wait till the parts come in and and they do the air shocks and motor mounts and wheel alignment and tires all at the same time.

I dont mind driving the loaner.... RX350 with navi and xm radio.. and only 1500 miles on it. I just hope its not going to be another month before I see my LS.

-Rami
Old 04-25-11, 11:58 PM
LXurious
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I took my ls600hl to the SF dealer and they said they keep parts at a warehouse in california and all parts took a week to come in (strut lower suspsion arm springs) about 5k in front passeenger suspension parts. the wait wasnt that long for me not sure if NY might be the reason why.
Old 04-26-11, 02:38 PM
Ramik80
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the input, Well It has been over 1 week now and still have not heard anything from the dealer. 2 weeks to be exact. I sure hope its not going to take much longer because its starting to get frustrating.

If there is a warehouse with parts in CA why are they telling customers that there are no parts and we have to wait with no word on how long..... I find that a bit strange. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

-Rami
Old 04-26-11, 05:09 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Man I can understand how you are feeling but there are upsides as well as downsides to the situation. under warranty is a plus as well as a loaner but missing your car is well understood. wonder if they would have a isf for a loaner????? that would be nice.....
Old 04-26-11, 08:00 PM
Ramik80
Driver School Candidate

Hey,

They wanted to give me a IS but im not sure if it was ISF - probably not! I told them I have 2 kids people need something bigger then that so they got the RX350 brand new.....

I guess your right about the upsides of the situation. Let me as you this, how long is an acceptable time period for the dealership to hold onto to the car for acceptable, and when should I be a little concerned ??? Its been 2 weeks now and counting.....

Thanks - Rami
Old 04-26-11, 08:23 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

you can always just pick the car up and drop it off again when these parts are available. I stress it if I cant get my car back the same day or at least the second day.
Old 04-26-11, 09:06 PM
Stoks
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ramik80
Hey,

They wanted to give me a IS but im not sure if it was ISF - probably not! I told them I have 2 kids people need something bigger then that so they got the RX350 brand new.....

I guess your right about the upsides of the situation. Let me as you this, how long is an acceptable time period for the dealership to hold onto to the car for acceptable, and when should I be a little concerned ??? Its been 2 weeks now and counting.....

Thanks - Rami
Let's put it this way. How typical is what you've witnessed occurring in Japan over the past month? It's called a supply disruption!

As everyone has already told you, go get your car back and Drive it with the vibration if it's that big of an issue for you. Take it back to the dealership when the parts are in.

I can understand getting twisted over this were it not for what has occurred overseas. In view of the bigger picture, I think you are finding from the responses to your question that people are a little less than sympathetic to your concerns.
Old 04-26-11, 11:49 PM
LXurious
Advanced

Yeah i was terrified because i heard of the japan problem and i knew it most likely affected Lexus but my service consultant assured me that the parts are in a storage warehouse already and everything came in within a week. This is for my 08 ls600hL which i just serviced 2 weeks ago so i have no idea why they might be taking long for you.

My guess is either because your in NY or the parts you need are not common parts kept in stock.

Quick Reply: 08 LS460L at Lexus Dealer for 2 weeks already! WTF???