LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Totally fed up and need to vent.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-11, 04:02 PM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Totally fed up and need to vent.

Here's my situation. Maybe someone in the forum can give me some advice. Back on Dec 20th, I took my car in because the brakes were acting up and I got a message on the screen that read "check vsc""brake malfunction""check abs". The car was at the dealer for 5 weeks, yes, 5 weeks before it was returned. I drove the car for 6 days before the message came back on. The car has been back and forth to the dealer 4 more times since I got it back the last time and the message continues to appear. I picked it up this past friday and they said they test drove the car for 60 miles and nothing happened. As soon as I left the dealer, the lights were on again. Not even 2 minutes out of the lot. Of course, I returned to the dealer. The last thing they did this last time before I picked it up was replaced the battery because they said the tech was getting some sort of low voltage signal from the battery which could have been causing the issue. I did some research on this issue and the 2 instances that I've read so far was due to a low battery, but I guess thats not mines.

Can someone suggest what I need to do next? Im at the point where Im really getting upset with the car and honestly dont want it anymore but I keep reading in the forum how reliable and great it is and Im definetly not going back to MB or BMW, so I'd like to stick it out.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP.
Old 02-20-11, 04:28 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

I would tell the service manager to get a Lexus field rep involved. You can even call Lexus Corp. and ask them to get involved. 1-800-25-Lexus. Is your vehicle out of warranty?
Old 02-20-11, 07:26 PM
cmasten
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Craig B is right on the money here.

I have a GS that had an issue with the trunk seam, it would leak a bit of water into the trunk area when it rained. I asked for the regional manager from Lexus and he looked over my steps, asked me some questions and then said what can we do for you. I told him I wanted my money back, he said Done! I asked for the $ for my custom rims and he said Done!, I told him I wanted to get into an LS460 CPO but I want it at their cost plus a modest percent, he said Done!, As I continued he looked at me funny and I said oh yea I really like those Lexus Chrome rims and Ill pay you cost for them, he grinned and said.... OK.. are we Done? the dealer did about 10% of the talking and he did 90% of it. I have never had an experience with a dealer or car manufacturer like that, I now own an LS and and SC.

They will back you up, but come prepared to present your case and be Fair, Firm and Friendly.

Good Luck!
Old 02-20-11, 07:46 PM
BAD RIDES

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to call Lexus and what dealer are you using in fl,? and as for Bmw I have one and I will be getting another for the performance but! reliable good luck on that one.
German cars are great performance but Lexus and Ifinity are very reliable good luck with that nice looking LS
Old 02-20-11, 09:19 PM
jlawr
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

If you take it back to the dealer and they fail to repair it a third time, the Lemon Laws may apply in your state.
Lexus has been known to buy back faulty cars.
Good luk.
Old 02-21-11, 02:47 AM
305Busa
Instructor

The car wasnt purchased from a Lexus dealer. Will they still "buy back"
The car is indeed still under warranty.
The Florida Lemon Law states a 24 month period for it to be considered a lemon. The cars on 07.
The dealer is Lexus of North Miami. Dont get me wrong, its a great dealer and the advisor is great but they just cant seem to get the issue right.
Old 02-21-11, 06:04 AM
randomwalk
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My ls460 has some suspension noise issue that the dealer doesn't want to fix as well. I'd be interested to know how to get in touch with Lexus regional manager
Old 02-21-11, 06:18 AM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by randomwalk
My ls460 has some suspension noise issue that the dealer doesn't want to fix as well. I'd be interested to know how to get in touch with Lexus regional manager
Call Lexus Corp like Craig said above. Number is above as well. They should be able to help you out.
Old 02-21-11, 06:23 AM
randomwalk
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CDW91
Call Lexus Corp like Craig said above. Number is above as well. They should be able to help you out.
They should ...but they didn't. Called 4 weeks ago...still got nowhere so far. Supposed to send a tech out to look at the car, unfortunately, the tech took a vacation and won't be back in mid-march (again, 4 weeks ago so yes it's a long vacation). Sounds like there is 1 tech handling all SW region (or is it the whole country)?
Old 02-21-11, 06:29 AM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

That's a bummer, I hope it gets resolved somehow..
Old 02-21-11, 06:58 AM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

whose the advisor @ north miami?
Old 02-21-11, 07:09 AM
305Busa
Instructor

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
whose the advisor @ north miami?

Nabila Gomez. Like I said before, shes great at updating me and getting things moving but it just seems like the problem isnt either being diagnosed properly or repaired correctly. Everytime I go in, I check the milage on the car and I can see that theyre driving it but it always happens either later in the day after I get it or the next day.
Old 02-21-11, 07:39 AM
lockedlex
Intermediate

Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

So if you didn't buy it from a Lexus dealer, did you purchase it used? If so, I wonder if lemon laws would even apply on used vehicles? If it is used (or even if not), has it been in any accidents or have had any bodywork done?

You've been more patient than I would have. I think you have several options here:

I see this as a very simple issue of a vehicle, which is still under warranty, that has a critical component that's proven to be unreliable and prone to intermittent failures. I think you should mention to the dealer and the regional rep. the fact that you have been out of YOUR vehicle for those weeks which has put you in a loss of use position and more importantly, that they would release a vehicle back to you while knowingly having an ABS/VSC/etc. issue puts them in a negligent and liable position if you get into an accident because you were counting on these systems being available. Maybe have an attorney draft up a few sentences and ask Lexus to either replace the vehicle, replace every component that could cause the issue, or be prepared for a very large lawsuit if/when you lose control of your vehicle or can't avoid a car in front of you because your VSC or ABS have failed.

If necessary, Lexus Corp should be flying out a tech from Japan to review this if their local FTS is on vacation (or least an FTS from another region).

I can't believe that Lexus would allow this, especially in light of their current publicity position. Maybe it's time to push back a bit?

Or perhaps try a different dealership, or two? I've done that before, usually "shopping" around gets you some better service since the new dealer is trying to impress you.

These are very, very reliable cars considering the other cars in its class, but for me, loss of VSC/ABS would give me pause--even more so since the LS uses a much more sophisticated VDIM solution which is even more proactive in preventing accidents. It was one of the key selling points for me.

EDIT: I should probably mention, if you've not had any accidents, but have modified your car, there's always the posibility that tires or suspension changes can affect one of the many and varied sensors and systems on the car. I'd be inclined to go back to the standard suspension setting and rim/tire combo and drive that a few weeks and see if the issue returns, just to rule it out. Of course, this would be for your piece of mind, as the dealer would have a very difficult time proving mods might relate to this, though even so, they could always just deny the claim and you'd have to work even harder to get relief.

Last edited by lockedlex; 02-21-11 at 07:45 AM.
Old 02-21-11, 09:54 AM
WhitBaby
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cmasten
Craig B is right on the money here.

I have a GS that had an issue with the trunk seam, it would leak a bit of water into the trunk area when it rained. I asked for the regional manager from Lexus and he looked over my steps, asked me some questions and then said what can we do for you. I told him I wanted my money back, he said Done! I asked for the $ for my custom rims and he said Done!, I told him I wanted to get into an LS460 CPO but I want it at their cost plus a modest percent, he said Done!, As I continued he looked at me funny and I said oh yea I really like those Lexus Chrome rims and Ill pay you cost for them, he grinned and said.... OK.. are we Done? the dealer did about 10% of the talking and he did 90% of it. I have never had an experience with a dealer or car manufacturer like that, I now own an LS and and SC.

Good Luck!
Thought it was going to continue with:

"...and I want Pamela Anderson to come with the car..." ...
"Done" ...
"You're kidding" ...
"Well, yeah, you started it"

Whit
Old 02-21-11, 10:18 AM
cmasten
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I understand Paris comes with every new LFA.

I cringe just thinking about how she is going to torture her new b day gift... ugh!

Quick Reply: Totally fed up and need to vent.