LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

rear seat removal

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-11, 09:54 PM
DuC
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cmasten
what part are you trying to get out? they just snap out
the bottom part just snap out? or do i have to do something first before it can be snapped out
Old 03-15-11, 10:25 PM
cmasten
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

yup, just grab underneath the edge in front and pull straight up, hard and there are three spring clips that hold it in from the front. Then pull it towards you and out and you can see how the backs are connected.
Old 03-16-11, 04:03 AM
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

how would the rear seats be removed with the executive rear seat package?
Old 03-16-11, 07:06 AM
cmasten
Lead Lap

Ill have to refer to the service Manual :-) didnt notice that part, I have only worked on mine and they dont have that option.
Old 03-16-11, 08:44 AM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by brianlin87
how would the rear seats be removed with the executive rear seat package?
good call, i was wondering the same thing
Old 03-16-11, 07:52 PM
cmasten
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cmasten
just looked at Vol 2 of the service manuals. the top of the shock is behind the back seats where it meets the rear lid. That gets you to the 3 nuts on top to tighten it. To get to the rest of the shock you have to remove the wheel and pull the wheel liner out along with a bunch of sensors etc... looks labor intensive. Getting to the top of the shock would be about 10 min tops. The back seats appear to just clip in for both the top and bottom, but I would have to dig deeper and cross reference, as these manuals are full of information... but they try and cover all models so you have to make sure your looking at the right section.

I have posted all of the pages for this up here, http://img413.imageshack.us/g/lex460...ckaccess1.jpg/

quality should be good enough the garage lights were florescent.
I added the page for the rear Exec seat. Its over 40 pages in total, but this is the best exploded view http://img832.imageshack.us/i/rearottoseatls460.jpg/
Old 04-20-11, 09:19 AM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

for the reclining seats i made a few videos on how to remove them... i posted it in my LS460 build thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...per-ls460.html

here's the actual post:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/6326071-post185.html

hope this helps...
Old 07-08-11, 12:20 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

thread revison bump!!

so for the moedls W/O reclining seats even the BACK part just pops up as in the video that Hyper made??

also where exactly is the see through where you can access the 3-bolts of the strut tower??

this is confusing me a bit sorry :/
Old 07-08-11, 02:52 AM
Nick2JZ
Pole Position

Originally Posted by HyperMKIV
for the reclining seats i made a few videos on how to remove them... i posted it in my LS460 build thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...per-ls460.html

here's the actual post:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/6326071-post185.html

hope this helps...

thanks for making the video HyperMKIV! I have the rear entertainment with the reclinging seat. I know the standard seat cushion just pop-up, but wasn't sure on the reclining one. I am switching out my light gray carpet for a black carpet.
Old 07-08-11, 03:05 AM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick2JZ
thanks for making the video HyperMKIV! I have the rear entertainment with the reclinging seat. I know the standard seat cushion just pop-up, but wasn't sure on the reclining one. I am switching out my light gray carpet for a black carpet.
no prob...
Old 09-06-11, 04:02 AM
Nick2JZ
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Nick2JZ
UPDATE:

to answer my own question the rear seats will pop-up.

1. make sure that you move the seats all the way forward

2. with two hands firmly grab the front of seat and pull straight up

KEEP IN MIND THIS IS NOT FOR EXECUTIVE SEATING
Old 09-06-11, 04:25 PM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

I shouldve taken pics when my car was taken apart last week. The entire rear seat was removed and rear deck to remove the factory sub. Basically same thing Nick just said. Pull the front bottom of the seat upwards and it releases the 2 tabs, then just pull the bottom out. The back of the seat has 2 bolts on the bottom 12MM and the seat pulls upwards and out.
Old 09-07-13, 02:10 PM
mrgameover
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by adamls2
thread revison bump!!

so for the moedls W/O reclining seats even the BACK part just pops up as in the video that Hyper made??

also where exactly is the see through where you can access the 3-bolts of the strut tower??

this is confusing me a bit sorry :/
Late bump, but to clarify on fixed seats removal, the bottom cushion pops up like how everyone has mentioned. just be sure to remove the harness on each sides before fully removing.

The rear seat back has four 12mm bolts and three 14mm for the seat belt all located at the bottom. there is also a 12mm nut behind the panel where the elbow rest seats. lower the elbow rest, open the door, and grab the panel at the top and give it a slight tug. it will pops right out.

after all of those are remove, the rear seat is hooked on to two latches which is higher up than the reclining seats. the latches are right behind the left and right head rest. raised the seat, i'd say about four-five inches, and pull forward.

after you remove it one time, it shouldn't take you no longer than 10 minutes every time after. (well with power tools at least). as for the 3 shock tower nuts. they are actually under the rear deck lid. you have to remove the rear back seat so that you can access and pop up the rear lid which is held on by clips. if you are lazy and know that you will be switching shocks out often, you can cut a hole in the deck and have a false panel in place so that you can get to them without even removing the seats. that is just an option.

I just got done with messing with my car. I couldn't find much info on the removal of the seats on here so I went ahead and took my time and this is the info I can relay on fixed seating on an 07L.
The following users liked this post:
mckellyb (06-14-17)
Old 03-01-14, 06:41 AM
sjzack
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default rear deck cover removal

Great posts on removing the seats - thanks!

How do you get the dang rear deck cover off to access the strut nuts? I took out the four pins in the front, and now amount of lifting or pulling will make it release. I don't want to ruin it
Old 08-12-16, 01:25 PM
Sandu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone can help how to remove the right rear seat, on executive package?