LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Wheel Opinion - What do ya think?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-10, 03:10 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Ice, why you holdin on to this like Brett Favre and quarterbackin? Good luck with these for your better half..its a good wheel and obviously aint for everyone. Anyway, movin on.

Alfafara, appreciate you contributing to the topic at hand by posting that pic. I'm not a fan of chrome but those chrome Morro's look real classy on that LS. I'm looking forward to getting these put on.
Old 12-20-10, 07:11 PM
Alfafara
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nolimitguj
IMO too much tire and too much fender gap. I think the 22's look the best on these cars. Im running 265/30/22''s in front and 295/25/22 in the rear all Continentals and my ride is noticeably a bit louder however it feels as if it has more road feel, which I like. As far as driving a lot, this time of year I drive about 4-5k miles per month for work.
I agree, but I'm selling to new car Lexus dealers and need to be conservative, they won't go 22'' staggered and won't lower new cars..if it was for me 22 staggered and dropped all the way.
Old 12-20-10, 07:15 PM
Alfafara
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Ice, why you holdin on to this like Brett Favre and quarterbackin? Good luck with these for your better half..its a good wheel and obviously aint for everyone. Anyway, movin on.

Alfafara, appreciate you contributing to the topic at hand by posting that pic. I'm not a fan of chrome but those chrome Morro's look real classy on that LS. I'm looking forward to getting these put on.
I'm not a fan of chrome either, just giving the customer what they want, your Lexus will look real nice with those Silver Morro's.
Old 12-21-10, 09:11 AM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Just picked up a set of 4, they actually had some in a local warehouse here in ATL.
What's the status on these, did you get them mounted yet?

I think they look good, would love to see them on your car.
Old 12-21-10, 03:25 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 99 GS3
What's the status on these, did you get them mounted yet?

I think they look good, would love to see them on your car.
Here here....where are the pics?
Old 12-21-10, 07:36 PM
CJITTY

i got about 10K miles left on the 18s and planned on scoopin up the new tires in a couple months. Mainly got the wheels now because various dealers were telling me that Lumarai isn't making any more (for now) in that size, color and offset and wanted to make sure i got a set. In fact, Lumarai website shows only 1 left with zero more in the pipeline. Perhaps due to the holidays.

If I didn't have TPMS to worry about, I would of just gone ahead and got tires but I'm a cheap bastaad so I am maxing out this last bit of tread on these 18s lol. Now, if Discount Tire gives me a trade in credit on the tires, which they normally do, I will get tires after the holidays.

Believe me, with all this discussion on this thread, the pics will get posted as soon as I get them mounted up! Looking at the Continentnal Extreme Contact DWS and General Exclaim UHP based on great past experience, but its just barely as M+S tire and doesn't like near 32 degree weather, which happens often here in ATL this time of year. More to come..
Old 12-23-10, 12:03 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I stand corrected.

I just saw an LS with 20 in chrome Asanti wheels and it looked nice. I still think 22 is the best size for the LS but it looked nice with 20's. No way I thought it could look decent.
Old 12-23-10, 01:59 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not a fan.
Old 12-23-10, 04:09 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by Ice350
I stand corrected.

I just saw an LS with 20 in chrome Asanti wheels and it looked nice. I still think 22 is the best size for the LS but it looked nice with 20's. No way I thought it could look decent.
Yeah man, it really does depend.

With all the different cars I have had and different wheel styles, I find that rim style and tire type can make a big difference within the same size. I personally think that machined wheels with more straight up and down spokes make wheels look bigger. Just enough shine, but not as much as chrome which I think makes wheels looks smaller, even with spokes that go to the rim edge. I had chrome OEM 17" wheels on my TL and the same wheel in the machined style looks bigger. Deep wheel lips from certain angles make wheels look smaller also in my opinion, even in 22. I think with a nice drop, it helps minimize the illusion. As far as tires, tires that don't have rounded shoulders and more of a box look help minimize the optical illusion of fender gap. rounded shoulder tires make it seem like the tires have a shorter sidewall. Also, I think the color car has a lot to do with it. For example, a black car and a little fender gap would blend in together from far away better than a white car would. At least it seems that way when I look at it. I actually looked at that a while back when i was at the dealer when i first thought of getting wheels and worried about fender gap. The white LS with same 18" wheel I had seemed like it had more fender gap, more noticeable anyway...I was a Honda/Acura guy before buying my LS and as some of you Honda owners know, they have some of the worst fender gap!! I have a good feeling that these wheels I got will look pretty good, the examples i posted with the silver LS are 245/40/20 per Butler Tire and the fender gap on there appears very acceptable to me.
Old 12-23-10, 06:50 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

long as ur happy thats what matters,,,but like Ice350, i dont understand why puttin 20s instead of 22s,,,its like guideline for big body sedans like LS, S, A8, and 7 series. its all about the tires far as ride quality unless u drop the car,,,if u were soo concern about the ride quality just dont drop the car and put some michelin on it,,wheels like yours or vossens are so conservative with offsets they dont even rub when u do drop the car,,
Old 12-23-10, 07:43 PM
CJITTY

why not put 24s on like some have done..just put some Michelin's on em..I'm sure that it will ride just as good as 22s..maybe even as good as 20s...lol...perhaps those with 24s can chime in on how they like the ride. I saw one here in ATL a week ago on some..I was like dang, with these ATL roads???

But seriously, I'm happy with my choice, just need to get tires now. With my wheel history on other cars, these won't be my last set.. once my needs change for this car down the road, I may go 22s because I honestly really like the way it looks. But I think 20s with certain wheels look good on this car too. The specific OEM fitment design is what I was interested in with these Morro's and also to upgrade from the 18s that I have, which are all chipped up and missing clearcoat.
Old 12-23-10, 08:17 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

well putting 24s needs major fender work,,,pretty sure u wouldn't want to do that,,u quiet seem happy with 20s so thats that,,when u park next to LS with 22s u might change ur mind,,,