LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Relentlessly Searching!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-10, 07:05 PM
iceman76
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dormie
LOL, i thought from the thread title this was going to be a Lexus quality rant of some sort...
lol...nah. Maybe i should have titled it "Desperately Searching." Is that better?lmao. Thanks for the info folks. I must say, you folks are some helpful chaps. I hope I get what I want, so I can stay on the forum. I'm trying to be patient tho. I tell you what, it's hard. At first, I just wanted to go out and buy the first one I saw that I liked. Then I started reading and looking up options. Now I'm a little hesitant, and want to make sure I get what I want. Thanks again.
Old 11-29-10, 07:42 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

try maheim orlando auction i walked the lot sun afternoon, a ton of ls460 & 460l's avail in next weeks auction....a few wont be up for sale (the 1 want of course) bcuz of recall issues... the fix all recall items b4 they run em thru... so it'll get fixed,but they're not exactly quick about it..i saw at least 3 that fit ur list other than air suspension (17 black on black)
Old 11-29-10, 07:42 PM
dormie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck to you. I "relentlessly pursued" for about 7 months to find "the one" which was a black with tan 460L with the factory smoked chrome wheels and every option but barcalounger rear seat with only 24k. I couldn't be happier, especially after getting all the tsibs done (save for VSR, I'm not going to do it)

edit: I actually could be happier, if the front seat side bolsters weren't so hard and narrow.... they "pinch" me into the seat, not the most comfortable..... but not that bad, just kinda annoying

Last edited by dormie; 11-29-10 at 07:58 PM.
Old 11-29-10, 08:01 PM
iceman76
Driver

I wish I had known about the auction 3 weeks ago. I was TDY to Tampa and could've made a trip over to Orlando. Unfortunately, I'm in NC. I didn't think about looking at auctions around here though. Thanks for the idea. Thanks on luck finding the one, but what is VSR?
Old 11-29-10, 08:10 PM
dormie
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by iceman76
what is VSR?

the valve spring recall. I feel it will do more harm than good. The $500 gift card had me initially deciding to do it, but i just don't think it's worth the risk, especially given how unlikely a failure is. I have the extended warranty for four more years, and will likely sell the car when that runs out, so i figure i'm covered regardless.
Old 11-29-10, 08:32 PM
iceman76
Driver

True on the warranty period. I would probably get it done. But, if the dealership doing it hasn't had any practice on other vehicles, I probably wouldn't. I've been seeing folks on here saying it takes a little longer when the first cars go through. Understandable why this is, but at the same time, not. Shouldn't LEXUS mechanics know how to open and replace parts on their own engines? How do you figure it would do more harm than good?

Last edited by iceman76; 11-29-10 at 08:35 PM.
Old 11-29-10, 09:25 PM
spooze
Driver

which years and models have the stock air suspension. Adaptive Variable Air Suspension (AVS). what years have the most problems
Old 11-29-10, 11:24 PM
ALeX300
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Question

me too is searching for the right color combo SWB. Checking tri-state dealers cpo inventory almost daily. But the answers i can't find (not yet, as i'm searching through the ls460 forums here on CL) are:

What were the trim levels/packages in 07/08? Browsed through 100+ listings on cars.com and autotrader and have a feeling some of their listings pictures aren't correct to the car.

Heated steering wheels are standard on all ?
Backup camera is standard with NAV/ML pack?
Overhead/map lights are LED or regular bulbs?
Power open/close trunk ?
Comfort package have reclining + heated/cooled rear seats? or is that the technology package? Rear side privacy sunshades? I'm confused as heck because according to pictures of the websites above some cars have this option and don't have other, while the next listing stated all is included in a certain package.

Car i test drove(07ls460) last week had these control buttons.
(can't get pics to work!)
so which trim is this??
Attached Thumbnails Relentlessly Searching!!-ls460comfortpackagefrontcontrols.jpg   Relentlessly Searching!!-ls460comfortpackagerearseatsallcontrols.jpg  

Last edited by ALeX300; 11-29-10 at 11:31 PM. Reason: pics...?
Old 11-30-10, 06:12 AM
iceman76
Driver

Backup camera is standard with NAV/ML pack?
1. Standard with Nav. You don't have to have the ML to have NAV

Overhead/map lights are LED or regular bulbs?
2. From what I've seen, they are regular bulbs.

Power open/close trunk ?
3. Standard on all, I think.

Comfort package have reclining + heated/cooled rear seats? or is that the technology package?
4. Don't know which package it is off the top of my head.

Rear side privacy sunshades?
5. Rear window or rear doors? Rear window i think is standard. Rear doors, not so much. Possibly a Dealer installed option.

I'm confused as heck because according to pictures of the websites above some cars have this option and don't have other, while the next listing stated all is included in a certain package.
6. yeah, I was thinking that some of these dealers don't know what options are loaded in the car. Some pics don't match what the pics show. Heated steering wheels are standard on all

Last edited by iceman76; 11-30-10 at 03:22 PM.
Old 11-30-10, 06:20 AM
iceman76
Driver

[/QUOTE]Car i test drove(07ls460) last week had these control buttons.
(can't get pics to work!)
so which trim is this??[/QUOTE]

Is it a LWB? Looks like it could possibly be a LWB with heated rear seats. The seats recline, but I don't know what the 3rd button is on the bottom pic. Possibly massage. Can't tell if it has ML or Park assist. Can't really tell much w/out more pics. Hope this helps.
Old 11-30-10, 06:47 AM
ALeX300
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by iceman76
Is it a LWB? Looks like it could possibly be a LWB with heated rear seats. The seats recline, but I don't know what the 3rd button is on the bottom pic. Possibly massage. Can't tell if it has ML or Park assist. Can't really tell much w/out more pics. Hope this helps.
hey, thanks for answers in above post. The car i drove was a SWB with NaV/ML. Buttons at front console were rearWindowshade/rearHeat/rearRecline. Rears are same plus heater/ventilated *****. That package also comes with memory rear seats(memory buttons are near interior door handle). So whats the name of that package(what else is in it?)?
Old 11-30-10, 06:53 AM
rlj4246
Pole Position

My 09 swb awd ls460 has the comfort pkg.
Old 11-30-10, 08:33 AM
iceman76
Driver

Originally Posted by ALeX300
hey, thanks for answers in above post. The car i drove was a SWB with NaV/ML. Buttons at front console were rearWindowshade/rearHeat/rearRecline. Rears are same plus heater/ventilated *****. That package also comes with memory rear seats(memory buttons are near interior door handle). So whats the name of that package(what else is in it?)?
NP, glad to help. Maybe some of the other members and actual owners can give you some more answers. I don't know the names of all the packages or what they all include.
Old 11-30-10, 09:15 AM
iceman76
Driver

Maybe that 3rd button is for the rear headrest. To raise or lower it.
Old 11-30-10, 03:04 PM
bob321
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a link to the LS brochures so you tell what is in each package. Off-hand, I'd say the reclining heated/cooled rear seats are part of the Comfort Plus package on the SWB.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...e-archive.html

Quick Reply: Relentlessly Searching!!