LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Best Dealerships for the Valve Spring Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-10, 05:09 PM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts
Default Best Dealerships for the Valve Spring Replacement

Like many others here, I've wondered about the best dealership in my area for completeing the valve spring replacement. I have 5 dealerships within 50 miles of me. My dealership had been fine for my oil changes and the pulley and fuel rail recalls, but when it comes to something as extensive as this, well I just don't know.

I thought it would be useful for everyone to post the dealership where they had a positive experience with this recall. I know some members have received extras such as a tank of gas or a gift certificate. This probably should not be posted since a dealership may give more to a customer who has bought multiple vehicles over the years, or paid (heaven forbid) MSRP.

I gleaned through this thread and here are the dealers who have been favorably mentioned for this recall by our members. Please post your dealership as satisfactory work is completed.

Crown, Ontario, CA
Henessey, Atlanta, GA
Pembroke Pines, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Westside, Houston, TX
Park Place, Grapevine, TX
Old 11-08-10, 06:00 PM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lexus of Pembroke Pines is owned by the same owner as Lexus of North Miami and I was at the dealership today and they say that they are more than prepared to fix this problem though I personally have not had this done there.

This would be a very helpful thread if you've done it please post away!
Old 11-09-10, 04:13 AM
Gordy35
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had the Valve Spring recall, Glove Compartment Door TSB and the Wind Noise TSB done at the same time on the 2007 LS460 at Lexus of Pembroke Pines and have not had any problems
Old 11-09-10, 04:37 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Great idea Nospinzone!
Old 11-09-10, 11:30 AM
gb403
Rookie

Lexus of Orlando Fl. did mine and although it took a little longer than expected so far I'm completely satisfied
Old 11-09-10, 11:40 AM
Xwakeboard
Pole Position

Did anyone else get a letter saying Lexus would be sending you a $500 gift card that can be used towards servicing the car?
Old 11-09-10, 11:54 AM
Gordy35
Rookie

I got the letter along with a $1,500 certificate towards the purchase or lease of a new Lexus to be used within 1 year of the date of the letter
Old 11-09-10, 03:02 PM
CEOEngr
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I received the official recall notice a few days back, and today received the $1,500 certificate attached to a warm and fuzzy letter. No mention of any $500 gift card. I am still debating when to get the VSR surgery done.
Old 11-09-10, 03:36 PM
Xwakeboard
Pole Position

The 1,500 dollar towards the purchase or lease is in my mind a waste, however, if I can pay for a few services with the 500 card, I would not mind that.
Old 11-09-10, 05:15 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Xwakeboard
Did anyone else get a letter saying Lexus would be sending you a $500 gift card that can be used towards servicing the car?
Yeah, I received the letter saying they would be sending the gift card. You have to have an extended warranty in order to receive the extra 500.00 gift card. Someone said they have a CPO and were also going to receive the gift card as well. I also received the certificate for the 1500.00 off of a new vehicle...
Old 11-09-10, 05:55 PM
ayonnebay
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Xwakeboard
According to the letter sent by Lexus to Lexus dealers, the only things the dealers were told they should do are: #1 the customary Lexus car wash, and #2 the fill of the fuel tank.

So, it would seem that anything else the Dealer gives you is on the dealership.

As for Lexus sending that $1,500 certificate towards the purchase of a new Lexus within 1 year of getting the certificate, well ...... does that speak well of their trust in that vehicle after the fix is applied ? It would have been better had they made the certificate valid for a few years rather than one.

Walt
Old 11-09-10, 06:00 PM
nfxnet
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
Like many others here, I've wondered about the best dealership in my area for completeing the valve spring replacement. I have 5 dealerships within 50 miles of me. My dealership had been fine for my oil changes and the pulley and fuel rail recalls, but when it comes to something as extensive as this, well I just don't know.

I thought it would be useful for everyone to post the dealership where they had a positive experience with this recall. I know some members have received extras such as a tank of gas or a gift certificate. This probably should not be posted since a dealership may give more to a customer who has bought multiple vehicles over the years, or paid (heaven forbid) MSRP.

I gleaned through this thread and here are the dealers who have been favorably mentioned for this recall by our members. Please post your dealership as satisfactory work is completed.

Crown, Ontario, CA
Henessey, Atlanta, GA
Pembroke Pines, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Westside, Houston, TX
Park Place, Grapevine, TX
I went to Park Place, Grapevine for Valve Spring Replacement, Wind Noise and Glove Box TSB. They even retinted my windows for me after the Wind Noise TSB because they had to replace my windows with double panels.
Old 11-09-10, 06:18 PM
KYLS
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I sent an inquiry about the $500 gift card to customer_satisfaction_inquiries@lexus.com asking if I could get it if I were to purchase the 8-YR/75K Platinum Protection prior to having the recall performed. The response I got back was,

Customers that already have an active VSA with LFS at the time the recall was issued will instead receive a $500 gift card from Lexus that can be used towards future service and parts.

I took that to mean, NO. If anyone has received a different reply I'd certainly be interested in who they spoke to. Jerry Johnson quoted me $1765 for the warranty and the added $500 gift card would make that even sweeter.
Old 11-09-10, 07:37 PM
cleanm3
Rookie

i just had my LS done at westside lexus, great service car drives just like new! gave me a loaner also. my SA was Charles Perkins.
Old 11-10-10, 03:36 AM
madlad
Driver

I receieved a letter with a $1500.00 gift certificate good towards the purchase or lease of another vehicle. It's useless to me because I don't intend to buy or lease within the next year. The letter also claims that that they sent a recall notice...never got it. I would have been satisfied with a free update to the Nav or a years worth of oil changes and filters.

Quick Reply: Best Dealerships for the Valve Spring Replacement