LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

screen not working

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-10, 05:58 PM
sulaiman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default screen not working

I have recently purchased used 2007 ls460 ,yesterday I have noticed weak battery as if the car wouldnt start then finally the car started but the screen(nav) not working and there is amessage the program cannot be read take it to adealer. I took it to anearby workshop ,then after inspection he found error code u0243 .I asked the electrecian what is this told me: (communication is interrupted between the computer and the screen ) can you help me guys? anybody had similar problem?
HE ASK ME 300 USD TO FIX IT ? IS IT REASONABLE OR NOT?
THANKS
Old 09-02-10, 06:25 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

so did you check the battery and see if it's weak? if so, change it first.

after that, maybe try to start and see how it goes. when you change the battery it kind of reset the car anyway
Old 09-02-10, 06:27 PM
JFNash
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Happened to me before. Dead battery.
Old 09-02-10, 06:51 PM
sulaiman
Driver School Candidate

Default Screen not working

Originally Posted by rominl
so did you check the battery and see if it's weak? If so, change it first.

After that, maybe try to start and see how it goes. When you change the battery it kind of reset the car anyway
i have replaced the battery ,now starting ok but the screen did not work
Old 09-02-10, 06:54 PM
JFNash
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sulaiman
i have replaced the battery ,now starting ok but the screen did not work
You had replaced the factory's hard drive (navigation hdd), hadn't you?

If you had, then you'll have plug the factory's hard drive. Only then will the car's nav screen work.

Again, happened to me before.
Old 09-02-10, 07:05 PM
sulaiman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JFNash
You had replaced the factory's hard drive (navigation hdd), hadn't you?

If you had, then you'll have plug the factory's hard drive. Only then will the car's nav screen work.

Again, happened to me before.
YES .I HAVE REPACEDTHE FACTORY HDD IN ORDER TO WORK IN MY COUNTRY(KSA).IF I PLUG THE THE FACTORY HD ,THEN THE NAV SCREEN WILL NOT WORK IN MY COUNTRY.WHAT ABOUT THE CODE U0243 (communication error)
Old 09-02-10, 07:17 PM
JFNash
Lead Lap

Replug the original hdd, start the car then disconnect the original hdd and plug the modified one (the one has KSA's map) again. It will work normally again.

This will happen every time you replace the battery while the car is switched off.

As for the error code, I only can guess that it has something to do with your car unable to read this foreign hdd. Do the above procedure then do the test again. I believe it will be gone.
Old 09-02-10, 07:25 PM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

I have the same issue going on now. The screen reads "unable to read date""consult your dealer". It doesnt do it all the time but most of the time. Everything else works except the nav and the HDD and the voice commands. I took it to the dealer and after about 5 hours of diagnosis, they said they would order me a new nav but they had to make sure because its very expensive (something like 13,000). I got the call today that its in, I'll be going in next wednesday to have it installed.

BTW, they did everything listed above and more.

2007 LS460L
Old 09-02-10, 07:27 PM
sulaiman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jfnash
replug the original hdd, start the car then disconnect the original hdd and plug the modified one (the one has ksa's map) again. It will work normally again.

This will happen every time you replace the battery while the car is switched off.

As for the error code, i only can guess that it has something to do with your car unable to read this foreign hdd. Do the above procedure then do the test again. I believe it will be gone.
thank you for your advice ,i will do so ,but can you recommend any one to this procedure because the modification was done by previous owner,by the way i am in dammam
Old 09-02-10, 07:35 PM
JFNash
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 305Busa
I have the same issue going on now. The screen reads "unable to read date""consult your dealer". It doesnt do it all the time but most of the time. Everything else works except the nav and the HDD and the voice commands. I took it to the dealer and after about 5 hours of diagnosis, they said they would order me a new nav but they had to make sure because its very expensive (something like 13,000). I got the call today that its in, I'll be going in next wednesday to have it installed.

BTW, they did everything listed above and more.

2007 LS460L
The gentleman's case is a little bit different. He replaced the car's original hdd with a custom made one. The one his car is having now was modified to show the regional maps that were copied from a gulf-specs-dvd-based LS460's maps dvd.

The currently installed hdd doesn't have the full "software" the nav system needs to work properly. Therefore, he needs to reinstall the original hdd, start the car so it can reload the "software" from the original hdd, then unplug the original hdd and install the modified one if he wants to use the maps. If he does the last step, then next time his battery dies out he will have to do the above procedure again.
Old 09-02-10, 07:37 PM
JFNash
Lead Lap

thank you for your advice ,i will do so ,but can you recommend any one to this procedure because the modification was done by previous owner,by the way i am in dammam
Check your PM inbox.
Old 09-02-10, 07:51 PM
sulaiman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jfnash
check your pm inbox.
check your pm inbox
Old 09-03-10, 07:13 PM
sulaiman
Driver School Candidate

Default screen not working

Today my car is fixed the exact way as JFNASH described,
now I AM HAPPY ,THAANKS TO JFNASH
Old 09-04-10, 10:40 PM
JSTALEX
Pole Position

Today my car is fixed the exact way as JFNASH described,
now I AM HAPPY ,THAANKS TO JFNASH

JFNASH just saved you the $300 bucks the other guy was gonna charge you to do the same ****! You should PAYPAL him some $$$ for the money he saved you and the advice. Good to know that the Club Lexus Brothers on here are looking out for each other!