LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

weathertech rubber mats

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-10, 07:10 PM
bsl888
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default weathertech rubber mats

Does anyone have opinions on the weathertech mats? Searched the forum and some people say the weathertech mats do not fit well and the retention eyelets are misplaced. Anyone have these mats and are happy with them? I was planning on purchasing them, but now having second thoughts.
Old 08-25-10, 07:20 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by bsl888
Does anyone have opinions on the weathertech mats? Searched the forum and some people say the weathertech mats do not fit well and the retention eyelets are misplaced. Anyone have these mats and are happy with them? I was planning on purchasing them, but now having second thoughts.
For what it's worth... I've had ok experiences with multiple Weathertech cargo liners. However, I did purchase a set of floor liners for my GX a few years ago, and they didn't work.

GX with rear DVD has a different shape passenger footwell. The floor liners they offered for this configuration were not even close. When contacted about it, their support and follow-through were non-existent, particularly when you consider that they were effectively advertising the wrong product. So, in summary, never again as far as I'm concerned.
Old 08-26-10, 03:04 AM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

I would wait for Lexus factory mats. They should be available soon. Check with your dealer. I tried the Weather Tech mats on my LS 460 and they didn't fit well. I ordered the Lexus mats and they fit great. Lexus stopped making the mats because of the stuck accelerator problems. I'm waiting right now on the factory all weather mats for my GX 460. I purchased a cheap set at Sam's Club until I can get the factory all weather mats. I was told Sept. for the GX, but I wouldn't hold my breath...

Last edited by Craig B; 08-26-10 at 08:10 AM.
Old 08-26-10, 04:56 AM
caha14
Racer

Originally Posted by Craig B
I would wait for Lexus factory mats. They should be available soon. Check with your dealer. I tried Weather Tech the mats on my LS 460 and they didn't fit well. I ordered the Lexus mats and they fit great. Lexus stopped making the mats because of the stuck accelerator problems. I'm waiting right now on the factory all weather mats for my GX 460. I purchased a cheap set at Sam's Club until I can get the factory all weather mats. I was told Sept. for the GX, but I wouldn't hold my breath...
Echo that, though I hear the jury is out on the effectiveness of the new OEM winter mats, since they are supposed to be much thinner.

You were told September? I hope so. I'm waiting for a set for the LX, and they have no idea when...
Old 08-26-10, 08:12 AM
Craig B

Originally Posted by caha14
Echo that, though I hear the jury is out on the effectiveness of the new OEM winter mats, since they are supposed to be much thinner.

You were told September? I hope so. I'm waiting for a set for the LX, and they have no idea when...
They changed the design on them again. They made them thin for the IS and ES and received a lot of complaints. I've heard from Lexus Corp., they've changed the design to a thicker mat. I heard the new ones were thin and had no grooves for the ES and IS. I'm tired of waiting...
Old 08-26-10, 10:00 AM
redlight30
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put them in my 10' and they fit great. I did not get the version that covered all the way up to the door sill.
Old 08-26-10, 10:51 AM
caha14
Racer

They changed the design on them again. They made them thin for the IS and ES and received a lot of complaints. I've heard from Lexus Corp., they've changed the design to a thicker mat. I heard the new ones were thin and had no grooves for the ES and IS. I'm tired of waiting...
That design change is welcome news. Frankly, I still think of Lexus' doing this whole thing for the full line-up as a huge knee-jerk reaction. I could not see a floor mat easily jamming the accelerator on my GX and even less on the LX. A brick, maybe, but not a floor mat or even two stacked floor mats. There is a lot of space down there.
Old 08-26-10, 12:37 PM
Craig B

Originally Posted by caha14
That design change is welcome news. Frankly, I still think of Lexus' doing this whole thing for the full line-up as a huge knee-jerk reaction. I could not see a floor mat easily jamming the accelerator on my GX and even less on the LX. A brick, maybe, but not a floor mat or even two stacked floor mats. There is a lot of space down there.
I agree! I have a cheap set from Sam's Club in my GX until I can get my hands on the Lexus mats and cargo liner. I've had my GX for 6 months and I'm still waiting for all weather mats in an SUV. Needless to say, I'm not pleased...
Old 08-26-10, 03:38 PM
caha14
Racer

I agree! I have a cheap set from Sam's Club in my GX until I can get my hands on the Lexus mats and cargo liner. I've had my GX for 6 months and I'm still waiting for all weather mats in an SUV. Needless to say, I'm not pleased...
I hear you. The lack of information from Lexus on things that should be easily tracked, from less significant things (like this), to more expensive things (like "when the heck is my vehicle supposed to be available?"), can get old quickly.

Waiting for the LX was its own ordeal, but now I've had it for 5 months and am also waiting for my winter mats, which were part of the deal. I did buy a Weathertech cargo liner for it.
Old 08-26-10, 04:48 PM
Craig B

I looked at Weather Tech for a cargo liner, but one wasn't available. I'm just going to wait for the Lexus cargo liner and Lexus all weather mats. I also had that roll over recall right after I took delivery...
Old 08-26-10, 10:08 PM
bsl888
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

redlight30, so you have the Weathertech All weather mats, and they fit? Including the eyelets for the retention hooks?
Old 08-27-10, 01:03 AM
PH1958
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The WeatherTech floor mats fit my 2010 LS460L AWD perfectly.
Old 08-27-10, 04:25 AM
redlight30
Driver

Originally Posted by bsl888
redlight30, so you have the Weathertech All weather mats, and they fit? Including the eyelets for the retention hooks?
yup they fit great no issues at all with the hooks.
Old 08-27-10, 08:55 AM
JKN2000
Driver

Originally Posted by redlight30
yup they fit great no issues at all with the hooks.
I too have the mats. I've had no problems w/ them at all.. They fit in all the hooks, you have to stretch a bit to fit, but they work..
Old 08-27-10, 03:01 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

For what it's worth, the Lexus AW mats on the RX are the new generation, and probably will make their way to the other models. They are a superior design than previously. The rubber is denser, the thickness has been reduced, and they fit better overall. They have not changed the hook design. There is a placement warning molded in the mat adjacent to the pedals, and of course, they have kept the edge well clear of the accelerator.
Attached Thumbnails weathertech rubber mats-sam_0488-800x600.jpg   weathertech rubber mats-sam_0486-800x600.jpg  

Quick Reply: weathertech rubber mats