LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS 460 w/ Borla Exhaust??

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-10, 08:53 AM
memphisLS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS 460 w/ Borla Exhaust??

Has anyone ever fitted their 460 with Borla mufflers? Or know of someone who has? I know they don't make a package for the 460, but it would be nice to have that sound when I hit the throttle...

Also just found out my car will be recalled for the valve spring replacement. Not looking forward to its value plummeting once they pull the engine , but will feel reassured that it won't be a problem moving forward .
Old 08-06-10, 10:36 AM
ls460love
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd steer clear of a Borla. It's very loud and, although i love the idea of making the LS more sporty, way out of character IMHO.
Old 08-06-10, 11:04 AM
memphisLS
Driver School Candidate

Yea i hear ya, but I saw a youtube video of an IS with a Borla axle-back exhaust setup and it sounded lovely... It had a nice deep racing tone but when opened up sounded very nice
Old 08-23-10, 07:35 PM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had INGS+1 on my ls 460 sound compared to the fox exhaust system is low

Fox Exhaust system:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10cDA_FpHY0
Old 03-28-11, 10:50 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

bumpage to try to find out more about available exhaust systems available for the 460 and sound clips of them

im guessing theres very little options but im looking for an axle-back to get some growl
Old 03-28-11, 11:23 PM
Xwakeboard
Pole Position

Adamsls, good luck and keep me posted with what you find. I have been looking for an exhaust solution for almost a year now. You might consider talking to the guy's at VIP Auto Salon in Los Angeles. I spoke with them a couple of months ago and they would be more than willing to fabricate a system, however, I have heard the system they make for the IS suffers from the drones, therefore I did not pursue it, however, it might be something you can look into.
Old 03-28-11, 11:50 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Xwakeboard
Adamsls, good luck and keep me posted with what you find. I have been looking for an exhaust solution for almost a year now. You might consider talking to the guy's at VIP Auto Salon in Los Angeles. I spoke with them a couple of months ago and they would be more than willing to fabricate a system, however, I have heard the system they make for the IS suffers from the drones, therefore I did not pursue it, however, it might be something you can look into.
i will try my hardest to find the best solution no matter what hahaha

i might be giving VIP auto call and you are right about the drone, its the last thing we would want especially in THIS car :/

i think i read before that guy has a VIPautosaloon exhaust so im gona try to find him and ask him about it...
Old 03-29-11, 06:41 AM
memphisLS
Driver School Candidate

I just purchased a Megan Racing axle back system with the mid pipe (2.5" from the cat back). I was on a website the other day that had a sound clip and video of the exhaust note but I can't find it for the life of me now. If you look up megan racing videos on youtube, there are a couple IS and G37 with that system and they sound the same. I like the sound and can't wait til I'm able to put them on. I'll post a video once they are installed.
Old 03-29-11, 11:20 AM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm looking forward to hearing how the Megan Racing sounds.
Old 03-29-11, 01:28 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Dont put an exhaust on an LS460. I had one on my GS350 and took it off because of the droning noise all of the time. Remember that the noise will resonate in the large cabin of a sedan. I had a Borla on my G35 and it used to rattle the plastic trim on the B pillars when I would floor it. I did have a million other things done to the engine and exhaust system ( Nismo headers and high flow cats ) but still would not recommend......especially on a classy car like the LS
Old 03-29-11, 01:52 PM
memphisLS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Dont put an exhaust on an LS460. I had one on my GS350 and took it off because of the droning noise all of the time. Remember that the noise will resonate in the large cabin of a sedan. I had a Borla on my G35 and it used to rattle the plastic trim on the B pillars when I would floor it. I did have a million other things done to the engine and exhaust system ( Nismo headers and high flow cats ) but still would not recommend......especially on a classy car like the LS
That is a matter of opinion. I find that type of exhaust note sporty, but not to the point of a drifter or ricer. Besides...with my ML my volume stays around 30+ so who cares about a droning noise...lol

I had the same ordeal in a SUV I used to own. I was worried about the note drowning out sound in the cabin, but I like the tone of the exhaust so I wasn't as bothered by it. And it didn't have half the sound deadening my LS has...
Old 03-29-11, 05:15 PM
memphisLS
Driver School Candidate

If you look up the megan racing axle back system on meganracing.com there are two videos with sound bytes. The sound clip gives you a idea of what it sounds like in the cabin, and the other from the rear of the car. Sounds good IMO...
Old 03-30-11, 06:36 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

yep i looked up the sound clips on the website and it doesnt sound that good... but im sure with the higher end exhaust sytems there is now drone.

and ya on my G35 also i had a full exhaust system and the drone was horrible but i loved the sound... on my ls i just want the sound to come out like an amg vehicle or sumthing...
Old 03-30-11, 06:41 AM
memphisLS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by adamls2
yep i looked up the sound clips on the website and it doesnt sound that good... but im sure with the higher end exhaust sytems there is now drone.

and ya on my G35 also i had a full exhaust system and the drone was horrible but i loved the sound... on my ls i just want the sound to come out like an amg vehicle or sumthing...
The sound clip from the rear sounds terrible. But the youtube videos i've heard of this exhaust don't sound bad at all. One girl installed it herself and took out the silencer from the tip. I don't plan on doing that. But in the end it's just a matter of personal taste.

Last edited by memphisLS; 03-30-11 at 06:41 AM. Reason: word change
Old 03-30-11, 07:27 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Question

Originally Posted by memphisLS
The sound clip from the rear sounds terrible. But the youtube videos i've heard of this exhaust don't sound bad at all. One girl installed it herself and took out the silencer from the tip. I don't plan on doing that. But in the end it's just a matter of personal taste.

do you have any youtube videos of it other than the visoes on the website?? i really want to hear it again. and how did it sound without a silencer??

Quick Reply: LS 460 w/ Borla Exhaust??