LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS 460 w/ Borla Exhaust??

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-11, 07:30 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by memphisLS
I just purchased a Megan Racing axle back system with the mid pipe (2.5" from the cat back). I was on a website the other day that had a sound clip and video of the exhaust note but I can't find it for the life of me now. If you look up megan racing videos on youtube, there are a couple IS and G37 with that system and they sound the same. I like the sound and can't wait til I'm able to put them on. I'll post a video once they are installed.
i REALLY want to hear what it sounds like with the mid-pipes along with the exhaust... i think the videos on the website might of been poor so thats why it sounded the way it did. from the inside it sounded decent at-least...
Old 03-30-11, 07:49 AM
memphisLS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I post this right, below is a clip of a G37 with the megan racing exhaust. The other video I mentioned had the silencer removed which made the pitch higher. I like the deeper tone of this one...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YGXboTrtoaM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-30-11, 08:00 AM
memphisLS
Driver School Candidate

ok so i did that wrong. here's a is250 with the same exhaust, but silencer removed...not bad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaXyu...eature=related

and again from inside the cabin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ywOY...eature=related
Old 03-30-11, 04:38 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

hmmmm sounds like there is a lot of drone to me.... but i dont think you can compare the exhaust for the ls460 to these cars, they are completely built differently and have different engine sizes etc.
Old 08-30-11, 01:42 PM
VGBSUPERFL
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by memphisLS
Has anyone ever fitted their 460 with Borla mufflers? Or know of someone who has? I know they don't make a package for the 460, but it would be nice to have that sound when I hit the throttle...

Also just found out my car will be recalled for the valve spring replacement. Not looking forward to its value plummeting once they pull the engine , but will feel reassured that it won't be a problem moving forward .
i have borla cans on my 460 and they sound great. not loud at all, so i removed my resonators. nice grumble, slight drone, all of which i like.
Old 08-30-11, 05:10 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by VGBSUPERFL
i have borla cans on my 460 and they sound great. not loud at all, so i removed my resonators. nice grumble, slight drone, all of which i like.
Nice!!!! Which mufflers did you get? Do mind sharing a sound clip if possible?? Thanks!!
Old 08-30-11, 10:15 PM
VGBSUPERFL
Rookie

Originally Posted by adamls2
Nice!!!! Which mufflers did you get? Do mind sharing a sound clip if possible?? Thanks!!
borla turbo xl...practically the same size as the stock mufflers. i'm thinking i should have went with the smaller turbo model for more sound (?) i'll see if my blackberry can get a sound bite.
Old 08-31-11, 12:32 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

borla turbo xl...practically the same size as the stock mufflers. i'm thinking i should have went with the smaller turbo model for more sound (?) i'll see if my blackberry can get a sound bite.
sweet!! it says on the website that they recommend the XL's for v8's and it doesnt say much for the regular turbos...also can you share the dimensions that you got them in and the layout?? (im not sure what the factory ones are) thanks...

im thinking of getting Megan racing mid-pipes by themselves and giving that a try but im not sure if that will spice up the sound of the car or just increase airflow (as advertised) ...but it might just be an add-on for the mufflers they have so idk

ive been wondering if we can get rid of the cats on this car and just run a straight pipe to give it that extra oumff... but im not sure if our cars have secondary cats or not and i think it might set off a few codes as well...i know the IS-F has secondaries... ....does anyone have any input on this??
Old 08-31-11, 09:34 AM
VGBSUPERFL
Rookie

sweet!! it says on the website that they recommend the XL's for v8's and it doesnt say much for the regular turbos...also can you share the dimensions that you got them in and the layout?? (im not sure what the factory ones are) thanks...

im thinking of getting Megan racing mid-pipes by themselves and giving that a try but im not sure if that will spice up the sound of the car or just increase airflow (as advertised) ...but it might just be an add-on for the mufflers they have so idk

ive been wondering if we can get rid of the cats on this car and just run a straight pipe to give it that extra oumff... but im not sure if our cars have secondary cats or not and i think it might set off a few codes as well...i know the IS-F has secondaries... ....does anyone have any input on this??
model 40665, inlet/outlet 2 1/2", specs 19" x 4" x 9 1/2", Center/Offset. i originally ordered megan axle back and mid pipe, but they took to long to arrive, so I cancelled. I believe those to barrels in front of the resonators are secondary cats. random technology make universal hi flow cats with sensor bungs, but who cares about codes….i have an idea. Why don’t you delete the resonator, keep the mufflers and install cutouts! there is a youtube vid with a gs460 with cutouts and it sounds like a beast, although the owner admits to using them only when dragging.
Old 08-31-11, 06:00 PM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Video is required!!
Old 08-31-11, 10:52 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

model 40665, inlet/outlet 2 1/2", specs 19" x 4" x 9 1/2", Center/Offset. i originally ordered megan axle back and mid pipe, but they took to long to arrive, so I cancelled. I believe those to barrels in front of the resonators are secondary cats. random technology make universal hi flow cats with sensor bungs, but who cares about codes….i have an idea. Why don’t you delete the resonator, keep the mufflers and install cutouts! there is a youtube vid with a gs460 with cutouts and it sounds like a beast, although the owner admits to using them only when dragging.
yeah it definitely sounds good but they say that they are running a full exhaust so there might be some differences...although i like the idea for having electronically controlled cutouts which would be pretty sweet but i would be to lazy to wire it up anyways it will come out to the same price as the mufflers or something similar... also, how is the drone with the Borla cans? what would you compare it to? cant wait to hear it
Old 09-01-11, 05:30 AM
verneyboy
Driver School Candidate

Default Exhaust

I have just fitted the surge speed exhaust to my ls600 hl it is really good, sounds like a v8 low cosy tone no drone in the cabin, when you accelerate it's there when you cruise it's not noticeable perfect if you'd like more details and a link to the site in japan with price send an email address unfortunately because I'm on an iPad I can't upload the link
Old 09-01-11, 03:14 PM
VGBSUPERFL
Rookie

yeah it definitely sounds good but they say that they are running a full exhaust so there might be some differences...although i like the idea for having electronically controlled cutouts which would be pretty sweet but i would be to lazy to wire it up anyways it will come out to the same price as the mufflers or something similar... also, how is the drone with the Borla cans? what would you compare it to? cant wait to hear it
i'm sure others would liken what you hear in my 460 as drone. i wasn't sure what drone was, as my fx35 has a nismo cat back and my 300z has some old bullsh%t i put on in 98, neither of which has drone in relation to what i now hear in the 460. personally, i like it. it's subtle and can't be heard with music playing.
Old 09-21-11, 04:29 PM
VGBSUPERFL
Rookie

Originally Posted by CDW91
Video is required!!
http://youtu.be/ryUQtF2UcC4
Old 09-21-11, 04:49 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

sounds pretty good nice and deep at blip of trottle, just notice how much room there is in the garage for the ls, I can barely get mines in there, margin of error is close.
The following users liked this post:
Doublegrants18th (01-30-24)

Quick Reply: LS 460 w/ Borla Exhaust??