LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

iPhone OS 4 breaks bluetooth audio?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-10, 02:37 PM
IndyJeff
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPhone OS 4 breaks bluetooth audio?

Has anyone else found that upgrading their iPhone 3GS to iOS 4.0 breaks the bluetooth audio feature with their LS460? I have a 2010 LS460 AWD.

The bluetooth audio worked fine with the earlier version of the iPhone operating system. And bluetooth calling works fine with iOS 4 - I just can't get the audio part paired up correctly.
Old 06-23-10, 04:51 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

I haven't noticed a problem since I upgraded my 3GS to the new OS4 in either vehicle...
Old 06-23-10, 05:01 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

You might try re pairing the phone...
Old 06-23-10, 10:43 PM
cmasten
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i just paired my new 4g and it works fine, in fact I found it to be easier than the 3g. I was one of the lucky ones to get the 4g on the 23rd :-)

I upgraded to IOS4 on my 3g and it didnt break anything, I use the hands free daily.
Old 06-25-10, 06:16 PM
IndyJeff
Rookie

Thanks for the replies. I got it working by deleting the old phone in the Lexus and then just adding it again. Worked fine once I deleted it.

The new iOS4 is actually better - the auto-connect for the Bluetooth audio works now, which it never did for me before. Streaming Pandora through the BT system is really great.
Old 06-26-10, 12:09 PM
ikeb
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

since upgrading my iphone gs to ios 4, my phone and music now sync with my non-ml receiver via bluetooth.

never got it to work at the same time before this upgrade.
so it was apple with the problem and not lexus.
Old 06-28-10, 04:58 AM
stanatl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ikeb
since upgrading my iphone gs to ios 4, my phone and music now sync with my non-ml receiver via bluetooth.

never got it to work at the same time before this upgrade.
so it was apple with the problem and not lexus.
Interesting! I was never able to get both the phone and my music to sync at the same time with my non-ML system. I always thought it was the something about the sound system. Just upgraded my phone to the ios 4 and will try it as soon as I get a chance.
Old 07-08-10, 11:53 AM
miksimm
Driver School Candidate

iPhone 4 will connect for phone usage only. It will NOT connect for media/iPod usage. (2010 LS460 Non-ML system)

I have deleted the phone and tried repairing twice.

Prior to having iPhone 4 everything worked fine with my iPhone 3G, even after upgrading to iOS 4.

Lexus says they know nothing about it and it's not their issue...

Any fixes???
Old 07-08-10, 02:07 PM
ikeb
Driver

i upgraded my iphone 3gs to an iphone 4 and got it to work for phone and media via bluetooth (non-ml)

here is how it did it.

make sure nothing is synced to the lexus (delete the old phone if necessary)

1) sync for phone to the lexus phone bluethooth
2) go to audio bluetooth and just wait - don't press any buttons - all of a sudden it will say connected (i had a song playing on my iphone and it started to come out of the car's speakers) - i verified that all worked by calling a friend via the handsfree car bluetooth and after the call - the music came back on through the car's speakers.

if you lose the connection for the sound in the car - on the bt tab there is a "connect" button. press that - this happens if you play fm or xm or anything else and want to go back to bluetooth streaming.

i hope this makes sence.

Originally Posted by miksimm
iPhone 4 will connect for phone usage only. It will NOT connect for media/iPod usage. (2010 LS460 Non-ML system)

I have deleted the phone and tried repairing twice.

Prior to having iPhone 4 everything worked fine with my iPhone 3G, even after upgrading to iOS 4.

Lexus says they know nothing about it and it's not their issue...

Any fixes???
Old 07-08-10, 03:14 PM
miksimm
Driver School Candidate

Based on the last post, I went to the car to try again. (This is AFTER calling both Lexus and Apple...neither of which had a clue and blamed the other.)

What I found is that you have to pair it up as an AUDIO device (portable player) in addition to pairing it up as a phone. That seemed to work and now all is well. It was a little odd how it all came together, but it did. And as the poster said, I did not select "Connect" when in the audio BT window...it just connected.

I also talked to my Lexus dealer who didn't know how to do this. I'll give a class tomorrow for them. lol

The Lexus web site does not show compatibility for iPhone 4. Apple says the iPhone 4 hardware is not compatible. Lexus said it would be an "AT&T setting"...thank goodness for these boards!
Old 07-09-10, 12:56 PM
ikeb
Driver

glad it worked - streaming audio (itunes, pandora, etc) is a pretty good deal - i can even stream xm from my iphone. changing play lists is much better within the iphone than on lexus' nav system.

as far as i'm concerned, lexus could remove fm and am from the system and it wouldn't bother me.

i just hope apple doesnt screw this up with ios 4.01 in the coming weeks.
Old 07-10-10, 01:08 PM
IndyJeff
Rookie

Originally Posted by miksimm
Based on the last post, I went to the car to try again. (This is AFTER calling both Lexus and Apple...neither of which had a clue and blamed the other.)

What I found is that you have to pair it up as an AUDIO device (portable player) in addition to pairing it up as a phone. That seemed to work and now all is well. It was a little odd how it all came together, but it did. And as the poster said, I did not select "Connect" when in the audio BT window...it just connected.

I also talked to my Lexus dealer who didn't know how to do this. I'll give a class tomorrow for them. lol

The Lexus web site does not show compatibility for iPhone 4. Apple says the iPhone 4 hardware is not compatible. Lexus said it would be an "AT&T setting"...thank goodness for these boards!
It sounds like you did what I did. I don't remember going into the Setup/Audio screen before the iPhone4/iOS4. But once I did that, the phone just starts routing all its audio through the car when I click on the BT tab on the nav screen.

It's very slick.
Old 08-26-10, 05:21 PM
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy 08 460 Non-ML

I have tried all of the above, iphone 4. Non-ML. Bluetooth phone works fine. Ipod play would be a dream, the es handles this task in seconds- without nav or ml. Please assist if there is a lexus god, lol. Step by step would be great, been trying for days. I will pay it forward to my local lexus dealership. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-26-10, 11:48 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by 08460
I have tried all of the above, iphone 4. Non-ML. Bluetooth phone works fine. Ipod play would be a dream, the es handles this task in seconds- without nav or ml. Please assist if there is a lexus god, lol. Step by step would be great, been trying for days. I will pay it forward to my local lexus dealership. Thanks in advance.
you have 08 ls460, which is gen5 system. bluetooth phone is all you can do. you can't steam songs through bluetooth
Old 08-27-10, 04:37 AM
slam_w2k
Driver School Candidate

Anyone able to load their phone book from iphone 3gs(4.0.1) in the 2007 ls460? Is any bluebooth firmware upgrade from lexus for the 2007?

Quick Reply: iPhone OS 4 breaks bluetooth audio?