LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

I had an accident with my 2008 LS460L :(

Old 05-08-10, 09:20 AM
mfno0od
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I had an accident with my 2008 LS460L :(

Last week I took my car to put new tires and do the wheel alignment at an outside shop (not dealer). And while waiting in the waiting area the guy took the car for a drive test without notifying me and he had an accident.. he hit a light-weight pickup truck from behind. Once I saw the car I said its ok because first its not that big hit , and second because insurance will pay to repair at the dealer workshop. The next day, when I took the car to the insurance company and then to the dealer, they did an inspection and check what is needed to be changed to inform the insurance company about the total repair cost.. I took my copy of the estimation as a reference ,, I was shocked !! Expensive repair job

Car pic

Qutation Page1

Qutation page2

I Think its time now for a facelift (to 2010)

Total cost in UAE dirham= AED 67876

Total cost in Us dollars= $18479
Old 05-08-10, 09:23 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

wow..that is one crazy bill. usually when they take it on a road test, they see if the car is perfectly aligned and theres no other problems.
Old 05-08-10, 09:28 AM
mfno0od
Rookie

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
wow..that is one crazy bill. usually when they take it on a road test, they see if the car is perfectly aligned and theres no other problems.
Yeah ,,

he seemed enjoyed speeding with it
Old 05-08-10, 11:20 AM
JFNash
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

This is ridiculously expensive!

Hope it gets becomes well again v-soon.

Question: Will the insurance company pay for the repair even though you weren't the one who was driving at the time of the accident?
Old 05-08-10, 11:23 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

the shop should have insurance anyways.
Old 05-08-10, 12:02 PM
mfno0od
Rookie

Originally Posted by JFNash
This is ridiculously expensive!

Hope it gets becomes well again v-soon.

Question: Will the insurance company pay for the repair even though you weren't the one who was driving at the time of the accident?

yes, insurance companies here wouldnt mind if your car was driven by someone else (according to the policy) driven by a licensed driver legaly and not under any kind of prohibition such as drugs, alcohol ,,, etc .. AND if the driver's age was above 25 he would pay an amount of $250 (approx. depending on the value of the car) , But if the driver's age was below 25yrs then he should pay an amount of $250 + 10% of the total repair cost ..

insurance law are headache
Old 05-08-10, 12:52 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

You should strap that guy to the front of the car like an emblem, and take the car out for a test drive, fast...
Old 05-08-10, 01:11 PM
stever500
Rookie

I would be more upset than you are. They can fix the body and paint but the paint will never be as good as it came from Lexus. Yes, I'd be pi**ed. Sorry for this situation.

My buddy had a 2004 750i he bought new from a local BMW dealer. He took it in for service, when they cleaned it in the back lot detailing area, it somehow slipped out of gear (so they told him) and damaged the entire drivers side of the car against a wall! They decided that they would replace the entire car for him instead of fix it. They actually gave him the newer model (the 05's were out by now) AND added in the 760li wheels which were much nicer. Sometimes things work out great like this. Maybe this place could replace yours with a new LS 600H L ).

Last edited by stever500; 05-08-10 at 04:04 PM.
Old 05-08-10, 02:57 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

mfno - the SHOP is responsible for the damages ... NOT you or your insurance.

If the shop has no insurance (which would amaze me!), then the employee is responsible under his own insurance.

Unless your laws are dramatically different from ours (and European laws), the insurance company is going to subrogate against the shop - or the driver - anyway. That means they will collect from the shop/employee anything they pay out to repair your car.

The exception might be if you have no-fault insurance laws there ... ( I hate no-fault).

Old 05-09-10, 01:13 AM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Seems like the dealer should be responsible for the repairs and cost. The employee was driving t the time. I dont understand the outcome. Maybe its the law but, sounds totally wrong to me. Why should your insurance pay for the car repairs when the dealership and its employee were the parties it was in the control of? I know, I know, its someone going to say the outcome is correct.

Just think its unfair to have the owners insurance company pay $18,000 for repairs. Sounds like an insurance scam to me!!!!! Why drive the car without permission? Why drive so fast? Why so much cost in general. Is that really $18,000 in repairs!! That said, hope things turn out well for you fellow member. L.G.N.M
Old 05-09-10, 07:15 AM
mfno0od
Rookie

Originally Posted by Burnaby
You should strap that guy to the front of the car like an emblem, and take the car out for a test drive, fast...
Once the car is done i will try that

Originally Posted by stever500
I would be more upset than you are. They can fix the body and paint but the paint will never be as good as it came from Lexus. Yes, I'd be pi**ed. Sorry for this situation.

My buddy had a 2004 750i he bought new from a local BMW dealer. He took it in for service, when they cleaned it in the back lot detailing area, it somehow slipped out of gear (so they told him) and damaged the entire drivers side of the car against a wall! They decided that they would replace the entire car for him instead of fix it. They actually gave him the newer model (the 05's were out by now) AND added in the 760li wheels which were much nicer. Sometimes things work out great like this. Maybe this place could replace yours with a new LS 600H L ).
hope that workd here like this .. + it wasnt the dealership that hit by my car ,, it was a tyre shop outside

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
mfno - the SHOP is responsible for the damages ... NOT you or your insurance.

If the shop has no insurance (which would amaze me!), then the employee is responsible under his own insurance.

Unless your laws are dramatically different from ours (and European laws), the insurance company is going to subrogate against the shop - or the driver - anyway. That means they will collect from the shop/employee anything they pay out to repair your car.

The exception might be if you have no-fault insurance laws there ... ( I hate no-fault).
I dont know about that no=fault insurance ,,, but here the law is sort of clear ,, any licensed person can drive my car (fully Covered insurance) and if he had an accident and it was his fault ,, no problem.. but he will pay some money as a liability expense.. but if he was hitten by car (victim , no fault) he will not pay any thing ..
on the other hand if the car was (liability insured) and it was his fault ,, driver is resposible for reparing his car or the car he was driving and the insurance company will repair the victims car

Originally Posted by usermel
Seems like the dealer should be responsible for the repairs and cost. The employee was driving t the time. I dont understand the outcome. Maybe its the law but, sounds totally wrong to me. Why should your insurance pay for the car repairs when the dealership and its employee were the parties it was in the control of? I know, I know, its someone going to say the outcome is correct.

Just think its unfair to have the owners insurance company pay $18,000 for repairs. Sounds like an insurance scam to me!!!!! Why drive the car without permission? Why drive so fast? Why so much cost in general. Is that really $18,000 in repairs!! That said, hope things turn out well for you fellow member. L.G.N.M
Its not a dealer who hit ny my car ,, its a private owned tyre shop outside. Sure if they were dealership it will be 100% insurance scam. the bill is real and i dont think dealer is trying to make benifit from the insurance company because the parts specified are harmed and should be replaced .. thanx and hope everything will be good soon
Old 05-09-10, 09:28 AM
jstjohnz
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not sure how it works there, but here in the US, if you are having work done on your car at a business, that business is liable if your car is damaged while in their care.
Old 05-09-10, 11:00 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile I agree with this man 100%!!!!

Originally Posted by jstjohnz
Not sure how it works there, but here in the US, if you are having work done on your car at a business, that business is liable if your car is damaged while in their care.
Your right. Also, I apologize to the fellow member who had his car wrecked by the employee of the tire(tyre is how he said it) shop. I didnt realize it wasnt a dealership my friend so again, I apologize. That said, they are supposed to be liable for some if not all the damage. I hope this turns out well for you buddy, I know its tough seeing your car that way. Hold your head up! Im very disappointed you had to deal with this and you arent at fault!!!!L.G.N.M
Old 05-16-10, 09:32 PM
redkingjoe
Lead Lap

If you have claimed insurance, would there be records in your file and the insurance premium be increased in the future?

is it possible to use the insurance policy for claim of the tire shop instead?
Old 06-15-10, 01:27 PM
mfno0od
Rookie

Finally

I got my car today with the new face-lift except for the side mirrors , not my taste, It took long because i had to order the wiring harness for the 2010 headlights .. it took 10 days for the delivery

here is a picture

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I had an accident with my 2008 LS460L :(