LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Best Tire for LS460

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-10, 04:12 AM
OBI_agent
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eternal07
Dunlop is not good. no grip at wet/slippery surface. I spun 3 times already on rainy day. I'm getting hankook or P/S when i'm done with this.
Which dunlop were those?
Old 04-15-10, 11:08 PM
AceVA
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never had a Good Year, or their entry level tire (Dunlop) tire that I liked. Noisiest, most uncomfortable tires out there, just my .02. The OEM Dunlops on the LS will be getting replaced ASAP.

It will definitely be Michelin, I just need to find the best one for my application. The LS is never driven in the snow, or even the rain, so I'm unconcerned with A/S handling.
Old 04-16-10, 03:45 PM
jlawr
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

AceVA,
Let us know what you choose.
Old 04-17-10, 08:07 PM
carfanmd
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just replaced the Dunlops that came on my 2010 LS Sport with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus. The new tires are sweet. Need to check in rain and snow to know the full story but I think they will do great. Thought about the Bridgestone Sirenity and Conti Contacts but went Michelin. I figure you can't go wrong.
Old 04-17-10, 09:41 PM
snoylekim
Rookie

Will second Michelin Pilot Sport A/S ..used for the last 7 years on an IS300 and a BMW M3..great on dry and in the rain, and pretty good in light snow/slush ..
Old 04-18-10, 07:53 AM
cmc5dc
Driver

Had local tire shop balance 2x and the car seats still shake could that mean their out of round?
Old 04-18-10, 09:44 AM
jlawr
Lead Lap

cmc5dc,
What brand, size of tires are you talking about?
What knind of wheels do you have?
What model car are you talking about?
Old 04-19-10, 06:09 AM
G2Lexus
Driver

Originally Posted by cmc5dc
Had local tire shop balance 2x and the car seats still shake could that mean their out of round?
What tires do you have? How many miles? I would suggest having all four road-force balanced. I had to have this done on one of my former cars or I could never get them balanced. Once balanced, rotate only!
Old 04-19-10, 01:37 PM
cmc5dc
Driver

Well I didn't see this issue on the GS400 so after I read this thread I was just curious. I bought Yoko from TireRack and the recommended installer has 2x balanced them on my stock GS400 with stock 17 rims but I'm still feeling the seats not steering wheel shake. PM me anyone suggestions or comments, I'd hate to take away from this thread.

Thanks
Old 04-26-10, 06:52 PM
ghenley
Rookie

Default Toyo's vs. Michelins

Originally Posted by Jamminx
The dealership gave me a discount for the TOYO VERSADO Lux Touring tires. So far I like them. Very quiet and great handling. PAid $950 Set of 4 mounted and balanced and TPMS RESET.
Anyone else have experience with these Toyo's? My tire shop today recommended them over the Michelins. Thanks.

Greg
Old 05-06-10, 05:21 PM
wsteiner
Driver School Candidate

Had dealer supplied turanza tires and they wore out at about 28k miles. I maybe could of gotten 30-32k out of them. I put on 4 continental extreme contact DWS tires (discount tire). I chose them because of the good reviews, cheaper than the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S pilots, and more tread wear. So far, great tire. Quieter, smoother, and seems to grip better than the turanza's. Getting about 1 to 2 mpg better but that may be due to the air pressure in the tires at about 35 vs 33 on the turanza's. Time will tell how well they wear.
The following users liked this post:
Ogun360 (04-08-23)
Old 05-07-10, 05:08 AM
stanatl
Pole Position

I ran Bridgestone Potenza RE960 A/S Pole Position tires on my 550i once I replaced the original equipment tires. If you want a UHP all season tire they were really pretty good. They were very quiet, had very good wet/dry traction and were as good as could be expected in light snow. The tires get a good overall rating at Tire Rack, which is where I bought them. Will probably get them for my LS Sport once the POS original equipment tires have to be replaced (or before). Really bad tires - poor traction and very noisy. The only original tires I've had that were worse than these were the Dunlop run flats that came with my 550i. Now those were TERRIBLE tires.
Old 05-08-10, 12:14 PM
jlawr
Lead Lap

wsteiner
Please add more comments about your new tires as you use them more.
Anything you don't like about the tires?
Thanx
Old 05-09-10, 08:37 AM
azimali
Driver School Candidate

THe kumho exsta LX platinums are amazing. I have them they have 600 thread and they are one of two tires that gives an actual warranty on their tires. You get a 60,000 mile warranty with these. They ride quietly and amazingly. If you dont believe check out the reviews at kauffman tires and tire rack. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....ta+LX+Platinum
Old 05-09-10, 09:51 AM
wsteiner
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jlawr
wsteiner
Please add more comments about your new tires as you use them more.
Anything you don't like about the tires?
Thanx
There isn't anything that I don't like about them so far so I'll update this thead if anything changes. I posted a previous thread asking about the kumho exsta LX platinums but got no response. I was considering them due to the increased tread life and about $20/tire cheaper. I asked the dealer about these and he said he would not recommend them due to the hardness of the tread but did recommend the continentals. After seeing azimali's post maybe I would have tried them.

Quick Reply: Best Tire for LS460