LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Need Help with Lexus Lease

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-10, 05:43 PM
miniz
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Based on recent auction prices, I'm projecting the car will sell for between $32,000 and $36,000, depending on options, condition, color, day of sale, and final mileage. It looks like you could make out well on this deal, assuming a bunch of stuff doesn't get taken out of the car at the auction. Normally the shift ****, manuals, and first aid kit will get stolen. Sometimes the spare $450 tire/wheel goes missing too.
Old 02-25-10, 01:10 AM
bxsvx01
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any updates on this??
Old 02-26-10, 08:53 AM
LindsayLex
Driver School Candidate

Default Lexus End of Lease Decision

Nothing has been finalized yet. Debbie is working on end of lease assumptions with Lexus and no offer yet. 12 more days till my car goes back. I was told they put the offer in and now I am waiting to see if the offer is accepted.

I did the end of car lease inspection as if I am returning my car. They gave me an estimate for $275 dollars for repairing a scratch on the door. Really light scratch on the door. You can hardly see it.

Debbie showed me a couple of tricks to reduce this amount and looking back at what they charged me for I saved some money. I had a ding on the other side of the car which the inspector missed. I think someone opened their door into my car. The trick was to park my car in really bad light. They came out and did the inspection at my job upon my request.

I put in a fair offer in the middle of wholesale and retail values. I think a reasonable person would meet me in the middle.

Thank you for the heads up on the things that get stolen at auction. I will make sure to let the people at www.getyourcarback.com know I will be looking for these items. I have everything. The two original keys, owners manual & never used spare.

I will let you know what happens as it happens.
Old 02-26-10, 11:45 AM
jstjohnz
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My car came from an auction (Adesa LA) and nothing was missing.
Old 02-27-10, 12:46 PM
Maurice
Driver

Originally Posted by LindsayLex
Nothing has been finalized yet. Debbie is working on end of lease assumptions with Lexus and no offer yet. 12 more days till my car goes back. I was told they put the offer in and now I am waiting to see if the offer is accepted.

I did the end of car lease inspection as if I am returning my car. They gave me an estimate for $275 dollars for repairing a scratch on the door. Really light scratch on the door. You can hardly see it.

Debbie showed me a couple of tricks to reduce this amount and looking back at what they charged me for I saved some money. I had a ding on the other side of the car which the inspector missed. I think someone opened their door into my car. The trick was to park my car in really bad light. They came out and did the inspection at my job upon my request.

I put in a fair offer in the middle of wholesale and retail values. I think a reasonable person would meet me in the middle.

Thank you for the heads up on the things that get stolen at auction. I will make sure to let the people at www.getyourcarback.com know I will be looking for these items. I have everything. The two original keys, owners manual & never used spare.

I will let you know what happens as it happens.
How did you get them to do I pre-return inspection? I have been repeatedly told they do not offer this (Lexus Financial) - just to take back to the dealer. My lease is up in a couple of weeks. Also an '07 and only 15K miles - and wind noise. Residual is 43K - I am returning it. I plan to meticulously photograph and videotape in case an argument comes up as the car is in my opinion without issues.
Old 03-12-10, 02:44 PM
USLEX
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

My Spider Sense is tingling. This sounds like a PitchYourProduct4Free.com for free by posting for help on a well known website. I wonder if other postings like this are on other car club websites.

Call mea skeptic
Old 04-05-10, 02:10 PM
LindsayLex
Driver School Candidate

Get Your Car Back was successful in buying my car back for $34,006 which was significantly below residual value. I spent $1,200.00 to save over $4,500.

They are very nice people that helped me with a complex transaction. To save that money was not easy but they did it and for that it was worth every penny.

I got to see them buy my car. It was pretty cool I never saw an auction before.
Old 04-05-10, 05:31 PM
miniz
Lead Lap

So got your car (not another) and nothing was stolen? Or did you remove the stuff before turn-in?
Old 05-26-10, 08:25 AM
Krissy6951
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy Need help with Lexus Lease turn in!

I brought my 2007 IS 250 into Lexus last night, it has 57k on it and my lease only allowed 48k. My lease isn't up until Jan '11 but they called to tell me I can bring it in now and turn it in for a new one. However, I need help as I am clueless when it comes to this stuff!

They are going to basically buy my car from me, but then somehow there is still $4,000 I have to pay towards it? Yes I am over my miles and there is some damage (I have wear & tear, but they are saying it doesn't work if I turn in my lease early), but I don't understand why I have to pay the $4,000 if I am going into a new lease? Shouldn't they just kind of write it off since I'm getting a new one? I'm confused and need some help! I don't want to go in blind and let them walk all over me. I'm going back in tonight, please help!!
Old 05-26-10, 08:50 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

you aren't giving enough information. you have to ask them specifically about what those 4000 bucks are for and then we can go from there. you are 9k miles over right now, with 25 cents per mile, that's about 2250 at most. unless they are saying for the extra tear and wear, that comes up to around 1800 bucks. then that accounts for the 4 grands.

i don't know what program you are under right now to return the car early, whether it's the lexus encore program (that allows you to return the car up to 6 months before ends) or something else. but even under those program and you are allowed to return the car early, if there are items that you are already over the limit on your current contract, you are still bound to the extra cost
Old 05-26-10, 03:01 PM
miniz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Krissy6951
I brought my 2007 IS 250 into Lexus last night, it has 57k on it and my lease only allowed 48k. My lease isn't up until Jan '11 but they called to tell me I can bring it in now and turn it in for a new one. However, I need help as I am clueless when it comes to this stuff!

They are going to basically buy my car from me, but then somehow there is still $4,000 I have to pay towards it? Yes I am over my miles and there is some damage (I have wear & tear, but they are saying it doesn't work if I turn in my lease early), but I don't understand why I have to pay the $4,000 if I am going into a new lease? Shouldn't they just kind of write it off since I'm getting a new one? I'm confused and need some help! I don't want to go in blind and let them walk all over me. I'm going back in tonight, please help!!
I'm sure the money is to recover the cost of the neglect and abuse your dished out to the car, let alone being 9k miles (!!!!!) over the max allowed mileage 7 months before the lease it up!! Was your plan to roll into the dealer with like 15k over and a whole bunch of broken things in Jan 2011 and call it good or what?