LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2010 LS460's in Dealership

Old 10-31-09, 07:42 PM
exBMWowner
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2010 LS460's in Dealership

Has anyone seen the 2010 LS models arrive at the dealership? I called two dealerships that both claimed to have a 2010 SWB in stock, and both had just arrived in the past 48 hours. Both dealers also said it might be as much as another 30 days before they expect to see a LWB model.

Given that we are 60 days from the end of the year, it would seem that Lexus is running a bit late at getting these models into the showroom. I was hoping that they would have quite a few by now so that the gotta have it now buyers would have their chance to step up and pay full price in November, and give me a chance to negotiate a better deal in December, when Lexus typically has their promotions. Now I'm wondering how this late arrival might impact that.

If anyone has begun to negotiate pricing on one of these, could you share your experience. Are dealers trying to get close to full price, or is the bad economy motivating them to discount?
Old 11-01-09, 06:28 AM
CEOEngr
Intermediate

I was at the dealer this past Friday for service and they didn't have any '10's except for the RX & HS's.

Two of the dealers in the Houston area are still behaving as if there is no recession and customers are lining outside with cash in hand. LOL....... I didn't see any vehicle in the area designated for new deliveries.
Old 11-01-09, 11:02 AM
DallasGX
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CEOEngr
I was at the dealer this past Friday for service and they didn't have any '10's except for the RX & HS's.

Two of the dealers in the Houston area are still behaving as if there is no recession and customers are lining outside with cash in hand. LOL....... I didn't see any vehicle in the area designated for new deliveries.
they know they r in recession, they r in denial. acting optimistic. trust me once those cars hit the lot, thats when deals be happening. now since they dont have inventory on hand they r playing the trump card. wait and see. totally buyers market, depends who wants it bad.
Old 11-01-09, 12:30 PM
Bluehinder
Driver School Candidate

Colorado dealer says they have cars at port now, here in two weeks.
Old 11-01-09, 12:46 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CEOEngr

Bet they didn't have any customers in the showroom either !! Most dealership showrooms have a sales manager's office visable to the general public. I always look at the white boards they have on their walls. It's the 25th of the month, they have 11 cars out for the month !! Who are they kidding, sales people quit every day, this recession has been devastating to sales.
Old 11-01-09, 10:55 PM
Synergy
Northern California Regional Officer

Might be some nice lease returns coming in soon given the release of the 2010....I used to own a GS, then went to a 745, then a new CTS and now I think it time to come back to Lexus in a 460! I love the look of this car, nice and big, classy and stands out in a crowd! :-)

Last edited by Synergy; 11-02-09 at 10:13 AM.
Old 11-02-09, 04:51 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Synergy
Might me some nice lease returns coming....I used to own a GS, then went to a 745, then a new CTS and now I think it time to come back to Lexus in a 460.
+1, hope you find a great 460 creampuff, great bargins out there on Ebay , if you're patient ! Good Luck
Old 11-02-09, 07:33 AM
Patric
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tromly
Who are they kidding, sales people quit every day, this recession has been devastating to sales.

I was at my dealer for service not long ago and while waiting I noticed hardly any inventory and not another LS in the place including the service department. Very few sales people around as well. This dealer is usually quite busy (Seattle) but like others, the economy has taken its toll.
Old 11-02-09, 07:39 AM
extra10
Rookie

That weird they should have by now
Old 11-02-09, 10:18 AM
Synergy

I had the same experience at a local dealer....place was a ghost town and no sales reps anywhere. Odd....hope the new hybrid and LS models help drive some traffic into these dealers!
Old 11-03-09, 12:42 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I suspect that there may be a dip in sales prior to the refresh, but that may depend...
Old 11-04-09, 12:45 PM
redlight30
Driver

For what it is worth, I had two dealers call me today, than know I am waiting for a 2010 swb that they will have them only end of November. They both also said that lexus is not making any with the Levinson pkg right now which seems odd. Anyone else hear that?
Old 11-04-09, 04:02 PM
TNLS600hL
Rookie

i'm not a big fan of the changes in the new LS but would like to see it
Old 11-04-09, 07:21 PM
exBMWowner
Driver

Default Dealer invoice pricing

I just noticed that AOL is showing dealer invoice prices for the 2010 LS models. This is the first I have seen on the internet of dealer invoice prices. Neither Edmunds nor KBB have them yet. Can anyone confirm if these figures are correct?

The website is autos.aol.com.
Old 11-04-09, 07:37 PM
Synergy

Originally Posted by exBMWowner
I just noticed that AOL is showing dealer invoice prices for the 2010 LS models. This is the first I have seen on the internet of dealer invoice prices. Neither Edmunds nor KBB have them yet. Can anyone confirm if these figures are correct?

The website is autos.aol.com.

Interesting indeed....seems in-line IMO.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 LS460's in Dealership