LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

opinion wanted from LS drivers on wheels

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-09, 01:31 PM
blakieboy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question opinion wanted from LS drivers on wheels

hey guys,
i am interested in buying wheels for sale that fit an LS, but i wonder whats "in" and what would look best for the car, and to be honest im not even sure, so i was wondering what you guys thought of these wheels... which ones you think would go best with maybe what color LS or any other opinions. thanks in advance.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AMESELX%3AIT

Last edited by blakieboy; 10-20-09 at 01:33 PM. Reason: wrong tense...bad grammer
Old 10-20-09, 04:35 PM
elsmooth
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Tell us what model LS and color are you thinking of putting these wheels on. The wheels are ok, but if you search the forum you will find a number of members with nice wheels. Most of them will be in 22"
Old 10-21-09, 11:18 AM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

MHT are from China. For me it is a downgrade when putting china wheels on cars over $30k.

I have nothing against people using cheap products but consider O/E wheels are around $500ea these days, and a "true upgrade" should be better than o/e parts and usually cost more.

Hopefully you will get yours from a good wheel shop but not from the fleaBay.

Let us know the color of your car. I am sure guys here will give you good advise about the trend now.
Old 10-23-09, 03:13 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

wheel brands to consider: work, rays, vossen, traffic star, volk racing, just to name a few.
Old 10-26-09, 01:39 PM
WhitBaby
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blakieboy
hey guys,
i am interested in buying wheels for sale that fit an LS, but i wonder whats "in" and what would look best for the car, and to be honest im not even sure, so i was wondering what you guys thought of these wheels... which ones you think would go best with maybe what color LS or any other opinions. thanks in advance.
]
here's some Teleios wheels on an 08 LS

Whit
Attached Thumbnails opinion wanted from LS drivers on wheels-cimg0140smaller.jpg  
Old 10-26-09, 05:41 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by josephdoc
MHT are from China. For me it is a downgrade when putting china wheels on cars over $30k.

I have nothing against people using cheap products but consider O/E wheels are around $500ea these days, and a "true upgrade" should be better than o/e parts and usually cost more.

Hopefully you will get yours from a good wheel shop but not from the fleaBay.

Let us know the color of your car. I am sure guys here will give you good advise about the trend now.
how MHT is cheapwheel?? it cost 4k for decent 20's... it is luxury brand that have 5-6 lines lncludin foose..also Cadillac escalade's stock chrome is produced by MHT...it doesnt get advertising like asantis but they make solid wheels...also i owned them before
Old 10-26-09, 10:18 PM
07350FROST
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as far as the 3 options you selected:

1)No...
2)No...
and
3)No.

the car is waaaaaaay too expensive and nice to buy a cheap looking set of wheels. you should be prepared to spend $6K - $8K for a set of wheels and tires for that car.

but not being an LS driver, ill be quiet.
Old 10-31-09, 11:40 PM
[0350]
Pole Position

Thats right any thing less than 6-8k is just a tight *** with no taste, who should not be driving a LS if they wimp out on a Quality set of wheels.
Old 11-02-09, 04:23 PM
bikerneil
Driver School Candidate

Default Don't go CHEAP

I agree with posts above. If you are driving the nicest car on the planet you can't put cheap a$$ wheels on it.

It pained me to shell out the coin, but I am glad I did. I love mine, and it separates my silver LS from the others I see on the road. It was money very well spent.

Don't go CHEAP.
Attached Thumbnails opinion wanted from LS drivers on wheels-corner-view.jpg  

Last edited by bikerneil; 11-02-09 at 04:27 PM.
Old 11-03-09, 01:19 PM
JAXLS460
Pole Position

Don't worry about how much you spend on the wheels just make sure you're happy with them once they are on the car.
Old 11-04-09, 04:06 PM
TNLS600hL
Rookie

you have to realize you get what you pay for. cheap wheels bent easily and will definitely affect ride and handling
Old 11-05-09, 11:05 PM
j three
Lexus Test Driver

Smile Hopefully this helps!

I'm going to give a thumbs up for Vossen one piece in the lower price range. They are high quality and tough as nails. I have a set and have experienced a few ugly pieces of LA streets and expected to have bends and came out ok!

There are many wheel companies that make more expensive 3pc wheels that look great on the 460, shop around in the vendor section and ask around with some of the vendors. Some are even having some good sales right now! Also I know D2 Autosports is a great place to shop and is very knowledgeable with offsets and such.

I can tell you you will not be disappointed if you purchase through or vendors, you will get exactly what you want. I cant say the same about the other wheels you were looking at, and go for 22's.

Your ride will not be affected much if any over 20's. I got 20" Vossens for my 99 LS and rode around for 3 days before getting coilovers installed and I can tell you that depending on tire choice, you can have as good or better than stock ride quality. My dad is very particular with ride quality and has a 99 LS also and he was shocked with how good it rode when we came back from the shop.

Sorry for the long post but one last thing. I test drove an LS 460 touring at Cerritos Lexus and we drove over some cobblestone at an intersection and my tires felt a little smoother than the the 460 touring's stock tires. Good Luck!
Old 11-24-09, 02:53 PM
zeebra
Driver School Candidate

Thank you J-three -
I agree that the Vossen 1-piece is a great way to start out and see if you like the ride with 22's or not......

Also none of those wheels you showed look like they will clear the brake calipers in the front - I have been through 5 sets of wheels trying to find a set that isnt too much $$$ to "test fit" 22's, and all but one of them hit the front caliper.

You may want to expect to try them on before you buy them, unless they are specifically made to fit the strange geometry of the LS hubs/caliper combo!

I am really looking back at the Vossen 1 piecers now, and will post pics once I finally get her done!
Z