LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Remote Starter for LS460

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-09, 12:04 PM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 409 Likes on 282 Posts
Default Remote Starter for LS460

I am visiting my parents in West Palm Beach Florida and my father wants to get a remote starter for his LS460. The dealer blew him off saying it was too complicated blah blah blah.

Anyone know what unit works best and possibly a place to get it installed around here?
Old 07-07-09, 08:58 PM
elsmooth
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would interested in one as well. Funny thing is i have a factory remote starter on my 07 tundra.
Old 07-10-09, 02:40 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by daryll40
I am visiting my parents in West Palm Beach Florida and my father wants to get a remote starter for his LS460. The dealer blew him off saying it was too complicated blah blah blah.

Anyone know what unit works best and possibly a place to get it installed around here?

Most Importantly you must find someone to do the install

Check out

http://www.clifford.com/

or

http://www.viper.com/

Keep us posted. Im planning of getting this device too.
Old 07-10-09, 01:05 PM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Customer Rating for the Viper 5901

Customer Rating:

By Tracy - Baraboo, WI on Nov 15, 2008

Its a cool new design from D.E.I. The system has a lot of new features that will help out alot of shops. No complaints thus far. So if your looking to upgrade to a new alarm/remote start i would suggest this one.

Customer Rating:

By Dean - Phoenix, AZ on Nov 26, 2008

i own my own car audio business in phx, az and i LOVE the new viper 5901 and all other new models! hopefully new bitwritters are coming for programming soon! The only downfall on the alarm is new light flash and default programming! Great Alarm and Great Way To Protect Your Investment (Vehicle)

Customer Rating:

By Ben Unkle- White Marsh, MD on Nov 30, 2008

As the head 12 volt installer at my shop, i highly recommend this product. DEI has once again set the bar extremely high. The new technology is the latest and greatest and continues to be user and installer friendly

Customer Rating:

By Big Slim Washington D.C. on Dec 06, 2008

just bought it and love it already

Customer Rating:

By ap nyc on Dec 07, 2008

system is very pretty. lots of features so many i have to carry my manual to check once in a while. car's range is very good. installation is not complicated just make sure to get the right key bypass for your car(new models). this is where i spent most of the time. easy way is with the extra car's key. i tried a new module that reads the code but failed on accord 07 favorites features: inside temp car find sounds range pretty remotes only complain will call viper to find out why the defrost feature doesn't work like said. people seems to have problem making it work.

Customer Rating:

By Matt - Winnipeg, MB on Dec 15, 2008

Great security, Great remote start in the -49C weather we are getting this week

Customer Rating:

By JACK - NEW ORLEANS, LA on Dec 26, 2008

I PUT THIS ALARM ON MY CAR AS SOON AS WE GOT THEM IN. IT WAS AN EASY INSTALL AND WORKS GREAT.

Customer Rating:

By GLENN KEYPORT,NJ on Jan 08, 2009

I HAVE ALWAYS USED VIPER ALARMS. I'M NOT AN INSTALLER BUT I HAVE THEM INSTALLED BY A CERTIFITIED VIPER INSTALLATION CENTER. THIS IS MY THIRD VIPER ALARM STARTER AND I ALSO HAD A VIPER AUTO START ONLY INSTALLED YEARS AGO. THIS 5901 IS PACKED WITH FEATURES. YOU CAN CHECK TEMPERTURE IN CAR WHEN IT'S RUNNING OR NOT,CHECK IF ANYTHING HAS HAPPENED WHILE YOU WHERE AWAY. YOU CAN TURN OFF SENORS,TURN OFF THE SIRENS,LIGHTS&SENSORS BUT STILL GET A SIGNAL TO THE PAGER WITH A BEEP OR VIBRATE OR BOTH,CHANGE THE BACKLITE COLOR ON THE LCD REMOTE,ADJUST THE SHOCK SENSORS 0-15 IN SENSITIVITY WHICH I LEARNED TO DO MYSELF,REMOTE LET'S YOU KNOW WHEN YOU HAVE 3 MINUTES AND 1 MINUTE FOR AUTOSTART TO SHUT DOWN AND YOU CAN RESET IT TO STAY ON LONGER SO IT DON'T SHUT OFF. IT CAN BE SET FOR 12-60 MINUTES BY THE INSTALLER. THE ONLY THING IS THERE ISN'T A REPLACEMENT REMOTE ON THIS SITE FOR THE 5901,SO I TRY TO BE SUPER CAREFUL WITH THE REMOTES. THE LED LITE IS BRIGHT BLUE AND LIGHTS UP MY WHOLE FRONT SEAT OF THE CAR WHEN IT'S BLINKING. DEFINITLY WORTH IT.

Customer Rating:

By Gary - Deer Valley, SK CANADA on Jan 10, 2009

I needed a remote starter for my new '08 Ford Edge. I decided to go all the way and get the top of the line 5901 Viper. Had to wait a month to get it installed - but well worth it. The system was installed yesterday and I am loving it. In this cold climate it works great. Love the Valet take over mode that allows you to leave the car running, take out the key and lock it - great for running errands. Also I like the new USB power plug-in for the remote. My Edge happens to have a USB that can be used to charge my Viper remote. Excellent.

Customer Rating:

By England, UK on Jan 13, 2009

WOW! Love it, great job. ;]

Customer Rating:

By Tom - NJ on Jan 15, 2009

I received this as a gift, and I can say that I am very happy with this unit. The only minor annoyance is "unlocking" the remote, which is a settable feature that I plan to turn off soon. I was afraid that the distance (several thousand feet) may be too long, even for this unit, but I have experienced no problems, even without line-of-sight. The system is pricey $$.

Customer Rating:

By Kyle Ann Arbor, MI on Jan 22, 2009

This is a great remote start with security would by again great range and can do so many things from the remote.

Customer Rating:

By Brandon - Toledo, Oh. on Jan 29, 2009

really nice System first off, The remote control with the LCD display is priceless. and all of the available features makes everything a real convince. My only complaint is that when the Clock is set on my remote it Always will revert to AM when it PM and visa versa. The One mile range is nice but if your in a building 500yrds away it wont work, its kind of temperamental. But over all i wouldnt have picked any other system

Customer Rating:

By Kriz Cali Los Angeles on Feb 07, 2009

The range on it is 1 mile, that is more then perfect with the remote start,not only that the internal battery life it self is very durable

Customer Rating:

By KrownLakeshore , Mississauga, Ontario, Canada on Feb 12, 2009

as an installer and a shop owner, i am glad i always stuck with viper and clifford. all though many shops that i know ventured off to other brands, now they are getting back fast back to the pioneers of security and convenience systems, as always pushing the envelope, and setting an example to the entire industry and manufacturers of units who wish to be as good as viper and clifford. GO DIRECTED GO!!! your products are second to none, that being said they are number ONE in our shop, GO VIPER, GO CLIFFORD!!! cant wait for your future toys and releases. keep up the good work

Customer Rating:

By Pataskala, OH on Feb 12, 2009

Had it installed right after the snow storm which i probaly should had before. wasnt a bad wait for the install (2.5hrs) . all features works great. only problem is that when im inside a building, the two-way doesnt work but overall, its great.

Customer Rating:

By Jacksonville, FL on Feb 28, 2009

Best Viper To Date!!!!!!!

Customer Rating:

By kansas city,MO on Mar 09, 2009

This is one of the best alarms offered from DEI. Had 3 before with 3 different cars. With one being a responder. To give you and ideal of the range. Everyone knows how big walmart is. Would be in back of the store and will still be able to start my car. So I wouldn't dought line of sight 1 mile range. But there are times where passive arming wont let my romte know that it's armed. Plus didn't like that the led is on the valet switch. I also have 2 clubs for the steering wheel and a tracking system. Layer upon layer now a days is the way to go. If you can aford this unit get it. Just hope that dei makes a case or something for the remote so it dont get banged up. (hint hint dei lol.)

Customer Rating:

By Ryan- Trinidad West Indies on Mar 10, 2009

This alarm has proven to be the best remote starter / pager alarm ever!!!

Customer Rating:

By Jerry - Torrance, CA on Mar 11, 2009

Best system on the maket . Iam 61 years old and had a lot of alarms and remote start. No complaints with this 5901 remote start.

Customer Rating:

By Matawan, NJ on Mar 13, 2009

Remote start is amazing. But the alarm system is kind of weak. you have to beat the car to the point were youll bust a hole in it for the alarm to go off.

Customer Rating:

By St Louis MO on Mar 19, 2009

Well worth the money. I just got it installed and its awsome. I was new to the game of remote start/security but I was told this was the best... and its living up the it! I knew it was expensive but there is no price for piece of mind.

Customer Rating:

By A.J- Moreno Valley, CA on Mar 20, 2009

This alarm is top of the line. I have recommend to 2 people so far and they are satisfied with it. Lots of features and 2 easy to use remotes. The only con is the LCD remote is a little fragile because I dropped on the first week I got it and now the chirp (TONE) is barely audible.

Customer Rating:

By Keith - Fort Washington, Md on Mar 22, 2009

easy install with the correct bypass, this is the unit we recommend to every one of our customers.

Customer Rating:

By Patrick Orlando, Fl on Mar 23, 2009

Best alarm by far with all the bells and whistles you can ever imagine. Remote start, temp reading for interior of vehicle, remote options [that allow you to customize] Best of all.....wall charger for your remote! Instruction manuals advise 1 year but hopefully longer!

Customer Rating:

By Robert - Birmingham, Al on Apr 06, 2009

Best alarm by far with all the bells and whistles you can ever imagine, this is a awsome system I love the control over the car at long distances. The only thing is that the 2way control gets scratched up easy............I give it 99.9%

Customer Rating:

By wender-ny, ny on Apr 20, 2009

i love it..its awesome... 5 stars

Customer Rating:

By Marcos - Queens, NY on Apr 25, 2009

I have about a month with the system and gotta say, its pretty cool. I get excellent reception, and the perks are convinient, too... Remote start for a manual trans, fully adjustble sensor right from the remote, rechargable batt, seriously, the list goes on. Definately recommend it.

Customer Rating:

By Ers - Ottawa, CA on May 19, 2009

Great Remote Starter and Alarm. The range is very very good, I park my car 2 blocks away from my apartment and it really works. There are only 2 things that I dont like, when it is winter season and you park your car outside, there is a tendency that the 2-way remote starter gives you a error beep to remote start but when you check your car, it is actually running! Second, the 1-way remote should have a lock button to protect it from the kids.

Customer Rating:

By Jesse - Houghton, MI on Jun 12, 2009

The Viper 5901 remote start and security alarm is a great product, it was fairly easy to install and has a ton of configurable settings and features. There are some things that could use improvement though. I wish the car would send a signal to the remote if the engine started successfully, not just if it got the command to start or if it failed to start. Having the shock sensor in the main unit is nice and simple to install, but I wired the main unit in and found out there’s a relay in my car that turns off about a minute after my car shuts off that has false triggered the alarm a couple times. It would be nice to relocate the sensor to somewhere else, but I don’t want to move the whole unit. Along with that it would be kind of nice to have the temperature sensor separated so that it can be placed in a better location rather than tucked far up under the dash. I do get some skewed readings in the winter saying it’s 70 degrees in my car, but I get in and it’s been running for a while but not warmed up to 70 yet. I think this is caused from the heat produced from the electronics in the main unit itself. I think some more feedback from the car would be nice. Have a couple of inputs in the car that could either signal the remote or have the remote request their status. You could connect it to the low fuel light so you don’t idle your car empty or see if anything else is turned on or off or whatever, there are many possibilities with that. When the battery on the remote dies, it lets you and everyone around know it. I look at the display most of the time when I lock/unlock or would notice an extra beep, why does it need to make beep for 20-30 seconds every time a press a button when the battery dies, it’s just wasting more battery? Also my battery usually doesn’t last a month, but it really doesn’t take long to charge so I could care less, I only wish it would last longer so it wouldn’t beep so much when it gets low. Also I dropped my keys the other day on concrete and now the remote sounds high pitched and quieter, I must have damaged the pezio inside, but I kind of like it now since it’s not as loud. Since I’m on sound, I wish I could deactivate the remote start daaa da da da da da da da deee (increases in pitch), it attracts a lot of unnecessary attention, I usually have to cover it so it’s not as loud. All these things are really minor and do not truncate the fact that this remote start/alarm is awesome and no other manufacture comes close. These are just some improvements that I think could be made for the 5902. Some key features I love: -Range is awesome (I can get it in a anywhere in most buildings if my car is parked outside and I’ve defiantly gotten over a mile when my car was on top of a hill and I could almost see it, just don’t expect a mile if there are trees and buildings in the way, that’s just how radio frequencies work; you would need a lot more power output, bigger battery and bigger antenna to get a mile in all conditions, the range from such a small remote is absolutely amazing if you know anything about wireless communications.) -2-way (if my hands are full carrying stuff, I can just go inside and set everything down before I lock my car and I know it’s locked even if I can’t see it. Also I know that my alarm isn’t being annoying and going off outside in the parking lot or if is and needs immediate attention) -Temperature (as ridiculous as it sounds, it’s really nice to know how hot or cold your car it) -Flexibility (there are so many settings, you can customize it to do so many things)

Customer Rating:

By Al - Corpus Christi, TX. on Jun 20, 2009

I've had this alarm for at least 6 months, and it is amazing! The features are great, and it is simple to use. The only complaint I have is that the internal shock sensor is not sensitive enough. I would suggest that if you are thinking of purchasing this alarm, have the installer put in an external shock sensor (very easy to do). I am told it is a plug and play deal. Another great product from Viper!

Customer Rating:

By Mike, New York, NY on Jun 28, 2009

I have had prestige alarms and a few more other less known devices on my 2001 Q45 I have to say this Viper Alarm is the best. I have dropped the remote a few times even chipped the silver part and still did not cause any issues. I love the fact theres no Battery to replace and can charge with even a USB cable so while I am on the road I dont need to even carry the charger i use my Laptop. Aslong as you have a installer that knows what hes doing you are gonna love this System.

Last edited by uae; 07-10-09 at 02:31 PM.
Old 07-10-09, 02:24 PM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq6ny-WnEbs&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9qKgN1B72s