LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Major Air Suspension Issue. Need Help!

Old 09-09-09, 05:36 AM
gcam77
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RACEREDI
Hey, thanks again for the info. Lexus is coming to pick it up today. I will let you know what they say for sure. I have started the car and let it run for a while a couple of times both before I unhooked the battery and after. Also did it before I unhooked the datasystem and after. Also let it sit overnight and then let it run. No Luck.
Was the dealer able to fix the problem?
Old 06-28-10, 11:18 AM
agent 409
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm curious what ended up happening with this??
Old 06-29-10, 09:56 AM
HankJ
Driver School Candidate

My 2008 LS600hL is doing something simular, but front to rear by about 1". The rear also acts like it is locked up with a very harsh ride.

How much difference should there be between a normal setting and a "high" setting?

Thanks,

hank
Old 06-30-10, 12:32 PM
jstjohnz
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HankJ
My 2008 LS600hL is doing something simular, but front to rear by about 1". The rear also acts like it is locked up with a very harsh ride.

How much difference should there be between a normal setting and a "high" setting?

Thanks,

hank
20mm. Also the car drops 20mm when above a certain speed. There are 3 target heights for the suspension system, 20mm apart. Normal height targets the medium setting at rest and the lowest setting at speed. HIGH height targets the high setting at rest and the medium setting at speed. The system can take a minute or 2 to change height.
Old 07-28-10, 12:38 PM
jspice
Driver School Candidate

Default Ls460l

i was about to purchase a lowering mod system but after reading this forum i am thinking about scrtaching the whole idea.....
Old 07-28-10, 02:40 PM
Craig B

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

It sounds like a bad sensor to me...
Old 07-29-10, 05:32 AM
dimapb
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a same problem as RACEREDI. Took it to the dealer last week thinking it was probably a bad sensor or something like that. My car is 2008 460 LWB. It has 14.5K miles on it. Well... I was a bit surprised to hear this answer...
I was told that because I don't drive my car enough, battery gets low and a computer responsible for air suspension starts resetting itself and cause this problem. Dealer has recharged the battery and reset the computer. So far it's been 1 week and problem free.
Here is my problem with this answer...
I drive the car every day. Sure it's for a short distance as I work 5 miles from my house, but the car is driven every single day. How is it possible that battery gets low because of it? I think this is a total BS. When I questioned the dealer, they offered to give me a battery tender but did not have it available and told me they were going to order it and call me when they get it. Like I said, it's been a week and I have not received a call from them yet. Still waiting... This is definitely not what I expected from Lexus.
Old 07-29-10, 07:36 AM
Craig B

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by dimapb
I had a same problem as RACEREDI. Took it to the dealer last week thinking it was probably a bad sensor or something like that. My car is 2008 460 LWB. It has 14.5K miles on it. Well... I was a bit surprised to hear this answer...
I was told that because I don't drive my car enough, battery gets low and a computer responsible for air suspension starts resetting itself and cause this problem. Dealer has recharged the battery and reset the computer. So far it's been 1 week and problem free.
Here is my problem with this answer...
I drive the car every day. Sure it's for a short distance as I work 5 miles from my house, but the car is driven every single day. How is it possible that battery gets low because of it? I think this is a total BS. When I questioned the dealer, they offered to give me a battery tender but did not have it available and told me they were going to order it and call me when they get it. Like I said, it's been a week and I have not received a call from them yet. Still waiting... This is definitely not what I expected from Lexus.
I keep a battery tender on both of my vehicles. Driving 5 miles each way to work isn't enough to keep the battery fully charged... I also drive my vehicles short distances, so I keep them both on battery tenders... It sounds like a bad sensor, I don't know about low voltage and air suspension. I don't have air suspension on my LS 460, but have it on the rear of my GX 460 premium.
Old 07-29-10, 11:51 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

i can understand about sensor problem, but i am not sure if i buy the battery talk

but either way it's good it's fixed!
Old 07-08-11, 06:31 PM
telmz1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

bringing this thread back to life - so what were the findings? I was looking forward to installing the Data System Controller but after reading this...I think it will only cause problems.

Last edited by telmz1; 07-08-11 at 08:40 PM.
Old 07-09-11, 01:22 AM
snaKe
Driver

Had this issue too. Fixed it this way:

1. Press and hold the lower left button on the Controller
2. Start the Car
3. Release lower left button
4. Select Mode with right buttons, go for extra-down mode
5. Select the lowest Setting (8) on all four wheels, the car will lower itself to the ground
6. When the lowering process is finished turn the engine off
7. repeat step 1 - 4 but now select normal mode
8. Select the factory Setting (0) on all four wheels
9. The car will now raise itself
10. Profit!
Old 07-09-11, 10:11 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

interesting info! so that's like reset of the unit?
Old 07-09-11, 10:57 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I had a similar problem with my X5.
Old 07-10-11, 12:12 AM
telmz1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

OP replied to my email and said it was a faulty sensor. Lexus replaced and everything was fine.
Old 07-10-11, 12:36 AM
snaKe
Driver

rominl, don't know if its resetting the unit or just repeating the whole procedure where it previously failed, but it did the trick.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Major Air Suspension Issue. Need Help!